2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I agree, but we have to find a way to get our ideas out and be protected too. Not speaking will lead to defeat quickly. I don't know what that way is, but we have to find it.

2. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

I'm in favor of #2 or #3.

3. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Double-standard on full display. And he gets away with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Strange, none of those things have happened to me.

5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Are you a political conservative whose voiced their views publicly?

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I rip the **** out of libs every chance I get.

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Then I admire your ability to be so honest. In my position here in Austin I'd be F'ed.

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It helps to be independent in a couple of ways. In other words, you can’t take anything from me, and I don’t believe in feelings over facts.

9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In Austin, you're F'd if you say you will vote for Trump. You don't have to say anything else. That means you are a Nazi Racist and that's that.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like the libs are just bigger turds than they were in the 80s. Same concept though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The democrats hate America.

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Austin is destined to be a poor man’s LA. Once the university starts crumbling, it’s over.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

STARTS?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm a little surprised they're being this blatant about it. Things are looking bad for Trump right now, but if they're going down this path, he could easily recover. All they had to do was not be crazy, and they're having a hard time doing that.

15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Remember when it looked bad for Trump in 2016? I don't believe polls. Looking forward to seeing Biden stumble through a debate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There is some talk that Biden won't debate Trump.

17. horninchicago

Of course. Media will defend that while they try to blame Trump somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  18. horninchicago

Biden can't put 2 sentences together, but he is their guy for President.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Count on it.

Biden's campaign will act like they are all for debates, talk boldly how Biden will win, and then, at some point scoff and back out while claiming that Trump's campaign had unreasonable conditions and rules for the debate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  20. horninchicago

And the media will not investigate and verify those claims. They will just parrot them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Sometimes he can't state one coherent sentence. If he debates Trump, POTUS will absolutely slaughter him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Didn't even have to admit to voting for Trump for that to occur...I faded all manner of vitriol when I mentioned once that my Austin-area address was in the same precinct as Karl Rove.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. horninchicago

Which is why it won't happen.

It is really unfathomable that anyone could dislike Trump so much ti watch stammering Joe and think he can do the job. Of course, if anyone believes the Dems really want Biden in there, that's pretty funny as well. They just think, for some reason, no matter all the groping, incoherent babbling, "gaffes", waffling on issues, Burma scandal, and on and on, he is more electable than anyone else they can find.

I still think, at the last minute, they will have him back out and place someone like Cuomo in there.

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is interesting that groping and incoherence is more electable than who they really are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I moved back to Austin from Houston in 1995. Just about everything I moved back for is gone except the Longhorns, and Brennan Eagles and his ilk are trying real hard to take that away from me, as well. At least I don't live in the city limits.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like the message was received

27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

A message of political import... was posted on my Facebook page...

From me... bystander... aka t-shirt fan...

Power can and must change at the ballot box, yet millions of people choose not to vote. Your point of view is not necessarily all there is. A union cannot favor one segment or one issue over all others. Money can be printed in pretense that our problems will be solved; but we know this is not good in the long run. Money can be redistributed; trillions and trillions already has. But what has changed?

You also must decide if you want the United States to remain as the greatest economic and military power in the history of the world. And what would happen if we step down from that position? What would China and Russia do?

You must decide what is in your heart. If you believe in Jesus, think about him deeply. You know what is being asked of you in how you live your life. But for everyone, the Bill of Rights exists to limit government power and to provide individual freedoms. You don’t have to love Jesus to understand how important the secular Bill of Rights are to each of us.

Take some time to read the top ten. Freedom of speech. Freedom to worship. A free press. Freedom to own a gun. Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. A grand jury for capital crimes. Habeus corpus and a speedy. A trial by jury. No excessive bail or cruel or unusual punishments. No double jeopardy.

Do you believe in these things? Who would change them if they could? Who would keep them as written and interpreted? Who interprets them? Do you believe in the penumbra; the shadow rights that are not enumerated or even mentioned in the Constitution? Who believes in the penumbra? Who doesn’t? Do you believe all laws today are settled law (stare decisis) or do you wish to see the Supreme Court strike down past Supreme Court rulings?

These are the things that matter in our form of government. When you vote you have to ask yourself what you truly believe. And if you believe in change, do you believe in the hearts of powerful and corrupt leaders to deliver what it is they have promised to you? And is it so important that you receive from them to the detriment of others? Is it possible that the people who have ruled our country like feudal Lords for their entire adult life, racking up debt and hating one another in public really are thinking of you? Or our country? Is that what you believe?

Do you believe the flowers you smell?

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

By
    Great op ed
    Based on what you have told us you will likely get some interesting responses.
    Can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes I get comments; other times I do not. This is a lot of words for that group! Ha...

It's been funny as I've posted on the basis of something a Liberal OR a Conservative said and I laugh when a friend who is opposed to the source agrees with me! I try to balance it in such a way that one cannot necessarily figure out where I'm coming from. I have been more blunt on here. It's a safe place. Ha...