2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yeah. I just don't get how easily people have excused the riots or separated the riots from the Democrat's agreement with them or how they are both pushing for the same things.

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, trump had no chance oof winning 4 years ago either. I'll wait and see what happens. All this talk of he's losing etc. Unbelievable.

He could be ahead by 80 points I'm the "polls". Media would just discredit the polls. Can't believe some of you are falling for it again.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I want the Biden campaign think they are winning all the way up to mid-October.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Who knows what will happen. But the same people are saying the same things about Trump now that they did in 2016. These are "educated" people and even some of them conservatives. They have such a blind spot.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe he is

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It would have to be someone acceptable to the mob
    If not, they might move from statues and federal buildings to their homes and offices

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The lead they say Biden has now is almost exactly the same they claimed Hillary had at this same point in time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

it all depends on turnout; and always does. If all the purported Dems vote, they win and if they don't they lose. All conservatives vote in all elections as a rule. Trump could get the same number of votes and lose the popular vote by a few million or get the same number and win by a million or so.

Electoral college makes a few states more significant. He won the few he needed by small margins because many of us Dems hated Hillary and refused to vote for her and because lots of Dems did not turn out. If they do this time he has a problem. And no Dem hates Biden like we did Hillary.

I am not a betting man but if I was I would guess he loses. I hope the GOP hangs on to the Senate or keeps it close enough that the votes of moderate Dems there are more important.

If Dems win both houses and the White House things are likely to get hairy

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is this elder abuse?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Biden -- Energy sector/blue collar jobs are obsolete and can be sacrificed

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Biden would cease all border wall construction

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Biden willing to let you be the judge of his mental fill

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As far as I am concerned, the Biden supporters can believe he is winning all the way to the days they go to the polls on Wednesday November 4th.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The counter argument are the GOP voters who didn’t vote or voted 3rd party in 2016. I know many (some on this board) who say they are voting for Trump this time. Also, I think Trump picks up more Hispanic and Black voters. So, not as clean cut as you suggest.

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Trump needs to have a 30 minute mock debate. Simply have a panel ask questions where he answers live and then they show a clip of Sleepy’s answers like this.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I got a text today from "Powered by People" wanting to know who I would be voting for. This is Beto's PAC that isn't really a PAC (according to him). I simply replied "Nobody that Beto would be supporting."

Figured that would be the end of it...Noooooooooo!

A few hours later, I get "may I ask who you will be supporting for President" from them.

I actually took the time to avoid naming anyone but said it would be someone who supports law and order and NOT anyone who favors defunding any law enforcement agency. I also pointed out that I would not be supporting anyone who wanted to interfere with my gun rights. I closed with "Tell Beto he can take his annoying spam texts and get off of my figurative lawn."

Seems they were not happy with that reply LOL!

Oh well, this is what happens when a shill group claims they only contact Dems across Texas, never mind that we don't register by party in this State.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That was a great reply. For sure beto won't be shown it. Might hurt his feelings
    The way each party identifies potential voters is through primary voter rolls

19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If that was the case, they don't vet very well...and it STILL does not explain why they had my number.

I am more inclined to believe that harvested from other contribution databases, because the ONLY way a Dem would have had my number for anything in the past 20-some years was a donation to Tulsi's campaign. Other than that, I think you would have to go back to Debra Danburg to find a contribution to a candidate on the Democratic side of a ballot...

I've voted primaries on both sides of the ballot. Usually, Travis County has nothing of note so I hop over to the Dems to vote AGAINST people that have no business being on a ballot...

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If mb
    you voted in a Dem primary they have zeored in on you
    and are disappointed in you

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Somebody other than me knows who Debra Danburg is?

Actually if you're going to donate money to a liberal Democrat, she would have been a good choice. She was radical at times, but she was conscientious and could be a real consensus-builder when she needed to be. She was also a major leader on election law and not as a partisan Democrat looking for averages but as a true reformer - got a lot of things done that your average citizen doesn't give a crap about but would definitely notice if it was gone.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm less confident in his defeat than I was in 2016, but I do think he'll lose. However, it's not for the same reasons that I thought he'd lose in 2016.

The situation is very different than it was in 2016. First, Trump was an outsider in 2016. He isn't now. Second, though people never liked Trump, many thought he'd be a good deal-maker and administrator because that was his reputation. He has proved to be neither and at a time when the public values those things the most. Third, in 2016 the suburbs were still largely in the GOP column. Many of them now are not. Fourth, in 2016 the Democratic base wasn't very motivated. In 2020, they are. In 2016 the media was just as harsh on Trump as they are now, but they're much easier on Biden than they were on Hillary. Hell, the media is giving Biden a complete pass. He doesn't have to campaign or debate.

There are other factors that favor him. First, the opposition is in complete looney-ville. Second, prior to the pandemic, Trump had a very strong economy to lean on. I think he still can, but that will take discipline and good messaging - two skills at which he is terrible.

After guessing wrong in 2016, I'm less sure if myself. However, if I had to bet, I would still bet he'll lose. He has some things to work with, but the negative factors are very strong. Furthermore, he isn't skilled enough to exploit the positives that he has.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I got a text from that group asking who I was supporting and I replied that I would vote for neither because they both zucked. And for them to pizz off. I got a reply talking about what a pos Trump is and replied that I agreed and was not voting for him as he was one of the class in "neither." And asked them if they were having problems with understanding the concept of "pizz off." I got a reply asking if I wanted to quit getting texts from the dedicated volunteers who were just trying to save the country. I indicated I did. We shall see.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I guess there's a degree of ambiguity in "piss off." Not much though.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was reminded of the scene from "Life of Brian" where the group is told to eff off...and promptly replies "How shall we eff off?"

I was going to put the image here, but someone is bound to get their delicate fee-fee's hurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Still not sure where they got the number from if all they went from was voter rolls. Travis County does not ask for number. They scraped from somewhere else.

29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

that singularly is why I agree.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mb
    As I understand when you vote in a primary and ask for either a Dem or GOP ballot that info is available
    If you did not vote in a primary but voted in general they may have just decided to mass emsil voters in general.
    I like how you responded

• Like Like x 1