2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"She must really think she's talking to a bunch of idiots."

Well, she certainly knows her supporters well.

(sorry, I cant help myself...):yes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, I wasn't sure. And this may be controversial but the REALITY is, each one speaks truth all day long. I get along with everyone but you have to adjust to their personality; not the other way around. That's why it's funny to me because "truth" is old news. It's heard quite often.

I remember one lady who was bashing Bush and Perry the FIRST DAY ON THE JOB in the coffee room. I couldn't believe it. This was a few years ago. Very loud. Very arrogant. Same way in performing her duties.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I know what I'm saying is very anecdotal. But this kind of political mind-set being brought into the workplace is not good for your career but they are protected by the Left and if they don't move up then it's racism and not that they failed to perform in a manner that was calm and not disruptive to everyone. That's a very general statement but I think it's a very real thing. The people that move up all have one very obvious trait; calm, focused and innocuous personalities in front of the troops. They are not robots or drones because I know some of the well and have had some drinks off-site. They have opinions like everyone else but they have complete control of themselves on the job.

Plus it helps to know what you're talking about. But chip on your shoulder types are only hurting themselves.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

by
    this "But chip on your shoulder types are only hurting themselves." used to be true.
    Not any longer

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My boss is always saying, "You got to make yourself numb to it all." He has a very well developed continuous process improvement mind-set but the ad-hoc demands for information or some published deadline being moved up because a VP wants to go on vacation require discipline and he's an expert at it.

I suppose a chip is not hurting people to the extent that they are not being fired for it. But I wonder how high they really can go.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Well, she is pandering to democrats...no thinking is required. She IS talking to a bunch of idiots.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump forced Booker to publicly admit sanctuary cities make everyone less safe

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

heh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

White? ;)

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Corey should explain how sending illegals to sanctuary cities is making anyone afraid.

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Her opportunity was Willie Brown's attraction to her Cameltoe. Thus my nickname for her: Cameltoe Harris.

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“O’Rourke tried to flee in his Volvo"

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You have to play well with others to get into Senior management positions. You can talk trash about Trump and racism in the abstract. The minute you start accusing your fellow managers, it then becomes an HR issue. HR will be there to protect the corporation from a trouble maker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Creepy Uncle Joe formally announces his candidacy with 3 minute video linking Trump to racists, Nazis, etc. etc. He's not in it for himself. He wants to "save the soul of America" and also, he hears that White House interns can be a lot of fun!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The middle letters of his new logo sort of look like red fingers grabbing a breast
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Rush Limbaugh said that Uncle Joe is going to have a lot of issues with all the sweetheart deals he arranged for his son with Ukraine. He says those deals make anything Michael Cohen did look like child's play.

That is, of course, if the lovable MSM will actually pay any attention to them.

18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

You know (and I throw up a little bit in my mouth when I think this) but if that's Hillary in the pink suit on the front of Joe Fan's Macarena video, she looks kind of cute.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It is her you sicko.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I recall that when the Clinton tax increases passed Rush said it was the end of the line for the USA because it would lead to galloping inflation and destroy the economy.

He has said a lot of other equally dumb things over the years.

My favorite Rush show was the one during the W administration when he said he was tired of being nothing but a shameless shill for the GOP, covering up its stupidity and spinning constantly

Thank goodness he got over that.

This is not to say that Biden is any great shakes, or any of the announced Dems thus far. I will probably just skip the presidential ballot next year for the 5th time in a row. But quoting Limbaugh as any kind of authority for anything besides drug abuse or whatever products he is hawking is most unpalatable.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Hillary's problem has never been her looks. Even when she was young, she was never hot, but I've never thought she was unusually ugly. Most people who think she's ugly are skewed by her attitude, character, and politics, which are repugnant. If she was a decent human being, most of us wouldn't think anything negative about her looks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I think that's true, but you would have to agree that her voice is fingernails on a chalkboard.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Ad hominem attacks aside, what about those sweetheart deals?

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Huis
    I am not doubting you as you clearly listen to Rush a lot. It just seems out of character for Rush to have admitted he was a shill.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, it only annoys me when she's trying to speak with authority and assertiveness. When she's just talking normally, it doesn't bother me. Now the content of what she's saying pretty much always annoys me, but that's another matter.

26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I find it annoying, patronizing, and downright silly when a Northern politician fakes a Southern accent on his/her appearances in the South. Hillary did this repeatedly. Some others do it too.

It's as if they think they're speaking to audiences full of extras on the Dukes of Hazard or something.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's exactly what they think. Of course, they also frequently take on black accents in front of black audiences (so-called "verbal blackface"). Just imagine a Republican "talking black" in any context. He'd be demonized to no end.

28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Remember Phat Phil at Tennessee...

:hammertime::mj::lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts