2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

THe solution is a series that includes TT and BU. Watch Aggy try to swallow that choad.

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I think we should play aggy, but it's none of Abbott's business. I hate it when politicians jump in and influence college athletics. Baylor wound up in the Big XII because Ann Richards stuck her nose in.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We need to get him above 0% so that he qualifies for the first team, television debates

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I will be very surprised if C Harris and Booker last very long in the Democratic primaries. Even if they do they have zero chance in the General. America was really put out with their actions in the Brett Kavanaugh hearing. They were complete clowns all the way through it.

6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

They weren't alone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The Dems ought to have all the debaters pile out of a tiny little car as they arrive on site.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They weren't alone, and they weren't even the worst. That title probably goes to Mazie Hirono. Nevertheless, I don't think hostility to Kavanaugh will hurt a candidate in a Democratic primary. Booker and Harris won't go far, because they're contrived and phony. Nobody thinks they believe their own BS. Same with Gillibrand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

After yesterday’s townhall in South Bend, go ahead and count Mayor Pete out.

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It looks like the Clown Car idiots are running out of victim groups to pander to. Warrren now wants to give back tax refunds to gay people.
    And Beta wants to tax anyone who did not go into combat and give the money to vets. He also promised to give immigrants who serve citizenship. Uh Taco boy they already had the perk,
    But he was counting on this desperation campaign ploy to make him look all caring .
    The only identity groups not getting any promises are Amish and whites.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That’s unfair and offensive to actual clown car idiots.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This from the Head Clown
    to Al Race Hustler Sharpton
    "
    Biden:
    "I think what’s happening now is, I think that Donald Trump may have reawakened sensibilities in this country to say, “Whoa, maybe we can do this now,” just like our generation was awakened when Dr. King and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated. Our whole generation [said], “I’m back in, man.” These millennials, they get it, Rev. And now they want to get engaged"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Bernie is calling for forgiving all student loans in the United States. Link. He wants to pay for it with a tax on "Wall Street transactions," whatever that means. And of course, it doesn't matter what that means, because nobody will make him answer that question.

Here's what's sad. If he promised to pay for it by levying a tax on universities, I might take it seriously since they're the ones who have profited off the student loan racket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

His wife managed to bankrupt a private college. Bernie wants to make up for that by bankrupting normal people versus colleges.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Bernie is just doing Communists always do, employ the systems within Capitalism in in a way that destroys those systems. Don't like bourgeois education? Make it worthless and expensive with government intervention. When that is accomplished and there is a real problem, completely take over the funding of higher education with the government. Then it is truly public and can be further administered to those who are favored politically. Universities are already under the control of Cultural Marxist ideology and purge anybody no longer agrees.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Castro, who I said previously is dumb as a rock, said tonight that men transvestites should have access to abortion. Uh, how does that work?

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

That might be an insult to the average rock.:smile1:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm a little confused on something. This was his exact quote.

"Yes it would. I don’t believe only in reproductive freedom, I believe in reproductive justice. And what means is just because a woman, or let’s also not forget someone in the trans community — a trans female — is poor, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exercise that right to choose. So I absolutely would cover that right to have an abortion."

It has always been hard to follow this, because it's so silly and illogical. However, isn't a "trans-female" a biological male who "identifies" as a female? After years of hearing the goofy terminology, that's what I think to be the case. Well, they have the same equipment I do. It might get removed but never replaced by a functioning uterus and ovaries. Well, I can't get pregnant. At least I've always assumed that I can't. Has that changed? Or is there a new way for me to be "trans-pregnant?"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  19. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Last night was a cluster f#ck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

No! Has the world always been this slimy and it was just kept hidden in dark alleys or are people inventing new, insane ways to amuse themselves?

23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Cory Booker and Beto speaking Spanish to the TV audience.

Did Warren speak American Indian? I missed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

so everyone jumped on the LGBTQ bandwagon and the House passed Equality Act which forces schools to allow trannies to participate in female sports use girls locker rooms and bathrooms.
    Do they think that gets them more voters than there are parents and others who don't want teen aged males in bathrooms or lockers ( showers?) with teen aged females. Not to mention the disadvantage in real females having to compete with males.

• Like Like x 2
  25. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

The means justifies the ends. These biological girls should check their privilege of not dealing with gender identity. Am I doing this right? I’m trying to suspend any consequential thought and logic in the name of social justice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

tenor.gif

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Beating Trump should be the easiest thing in the world. But at times it seems they are trying their hardest not to do so.

IMO what happened is that it became an arms race. Tons of jobs require a college degree just because. More and more got them because CEOs and HR people favored them so much, which a) caused more and more people to need/want to get them while also b) devaluing them as they became more and more commonplace. The Universities didn't really cause that part at least, so much as had the opportunity fall in their laps.

28. Seattle Husker

Agree with the sentiment but I think schools contributed to the arms race with their massive infrastructure investments, much of which was spent on superfluous items like fancy dorms, cafeterias and gaudy student activity buildings. I won't even broach athletic department investments or swanky new educational buildings which are all financed. All of these things contributed to a 300% increase in higher education costs since 1990.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Take a look at the number of non teaching bureaucratic positions in colleges. Those areas have exploded too, at a tremendous cost to the poor students who just want to get an edjumakashun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Seattle Husker

Though that should be evaluated it's a red herring in the larger cost drivers, IMHO.