2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Budda Baker, the guy he ran down, won the 3A 100M championship his Sr. year in high school with a 10.7. For comparison, that time would have finished 3rd in the 5A classification for Texas in 2019. Baker is a 2-Time Pro Bowler and currently the highest paid safety in the NFL. As a longtime youth football coach, the effort was the most impressive part to me. NFL NextGen stats calculated DK made up 24yds (with the angle) hitting a peak speed of >22MPH.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Seattle Husker

Just to be clear, 1 of those these items is criminal (Election Fraud), while the other is unethical.

Neither are acceptable in the larger pantheon of politicians but I put criminal behavior above the other, especially when the latter is tangential to the politician.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

“DeMuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear. This is utterly reprehensible conduct. The charges announced today do not erase what he did, but they do ensure that he is held to account for those actions,” McSwain added.

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. Seattle Husker

Yep. The judge pled guilty to crimes in the primary elections in 2014 and 2016. Is that evidence of fraud in 2020 general election?

It was a court case in this this individual likely went to jail (article doesn't say). Do you have proof the bi-partisan election commission for Philadelphia didn't address the voting apparatus that allowed this judge to cheat in a primary election?

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Someone seemed to question if it existed at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Not good, Bubba...and I dont like it a bit. But that was a loong time ago and, FWIW, I believe Donald Trump is a much different...not perfect...but much different person now.
    As am I.
    And I'll also add many of the same people who want to detract from Trumps current character for years ago actions had no problem with Billy Boys character even though it was clearly reflected in real time actions while in office.
    Same as Obama's "Damn the usa" church which supporters said had no bearing on his ability to be president and was "a long time ago" ...even though it was mere months and I believe has much greater bearing on qualification than infidelity or sexual misconduct...though I loathe both.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Here is evidence suggesting fraud. If you are not familiar with it, it is used all the time to detect fraud.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

10. Seattle Husker

Who? Did someone say that no cheating ever existed in the history of elections? I'd like to correct them. ;)

Blagoyevitch was a convicted felon pardoned by TRUMP! Can we expect Dinesh D'Souza next?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

There are apparently 20k provisional, absentee and military ballots left in GA. It never ends.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That tiger's orange stripes are faded in. If you think he's changed you're more foolish that I believed. I bet he still walks around with tic tacs in his pockets.

PS: The actual crime took place in October of 2016. For a refresher course on how recent that was, Laura Ingraham just had a segment on Hillary's emails this week. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

Any math majors here ready to explain how Benford's Law can be applied to the ballots? Heck, I'd be curious to know how this guy got all the data to support his claim before the votes have been certified.

First you'd have to normalize the data from each of the disparate data set. "First digit of tally" has to be the same for each state, each district, each ward. Each state has a different ballot system, in some cases multiple ballots per individual. What is Harrison Smith's definition of "tally"?

14. RainH2burntO

I updated that post if you want more to take issue with.

And I did not know this was 2016? The Stormy Daniels affair allegedly occurred in 2016? Or was reported or alleged just then??
    It does impact my view of the incident...somewhat... if so.
    I also didn't know you believed I was foolish, Bubba? I'm hurt.
    Either way...I do think Trump has undergone much change. I guess neither of us can know for sure.
    As for Billy ...I thought he had poor character and that was and is important to me...though I thought a little much was made of his affair. I never voted for Trump initially because I thought he had great character either...There were many things that "trumped " character for me that were not as pressing in 1998 or whenever it was. As for Obama... dont know much about his character....but I believe his philosophy and ideology to be very dangerous. And I am much more concerned with this these days than with personality, personal virtue, or character....though I'd rather not have to choose. I guess if Biden is official, I'll have neither for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think it was precinct vote counts. I have not seen a rebuttal to this yet.

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The sex stuff took place previously. The illegal bribery stuff took place in 2016. You're all foolish. :)
    I'm foolish too in this place.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seattle Husker

For anyone interested the Feds have a government agency (CISA) who have a website debunking election myths, some of which being spread by our POTUS.

18. RainH2burntO

Ah...got it.
    Well... that is real naughty.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I used to watch the NFL Draft pretty regularly and remember them saying how good a player Baker was. I was hoping the Cowboys would pick him up.

Some people are great and some people are transcendental... running down Baker would be in the latter category for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Who makes these people the arbiters of truth? More than one group of conservative pollsters complained about Pennsylvania. Trump got a court order to stop it. I guess the judge believed it. Pennsylvania judge permits campaign observers up-close view of ballot count after Trump complaint

• Like Like x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's an interesting thing how blackmail can be considered a crime by the person being blackmailed.

22. Seattle Husker

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  23. Seattle Husker

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I get that, but does it mean if you hook up with a woman and she tells you she won't tell your wife unless you run for office that you have to either run and deal with the revelation or not run at all? Is a settlement always a crime in this regard?

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump was never charged for election fraud, Cohen was. Election fraud usually involves only a fine. Obama's campaign was fined 375,000 for it. However, corrupt New York was trying to end the Trump presidency over something minor.

26. Seattle Husker

It is when you direct your Lawyer to use his money to buy the story from the National Inquirer to kill it and $150k to said women with the promise that you'll pay him back. Cohen went to jail for his side of that transaction.

27. Seattle Husker

Not yet. Have you forgotten the WH attempts to claim immunity while Trump is in office?

28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There was never any evidence that Trump directed Cohen. However, at the most it should be a fine. Oh, that's right. It was Trump and this is New York. Put him in jail!

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I guess we'll see what happens on this one.

I still think it's blackmail and it benefitted his whole life to shut her up. Then it comes out anyway. She's a witch and who cares about her. She's a prostitute with zero character or credibility. And a blackmailer. He was a sleaze to be with her and stupid to give her the upper-hand in the first place. Once he put it in her he lost control of his life.

30. Seattle Husker

The tape: Trump-Cohen secret audio tape made public

National Inquirer Admission of guilt.

To claim there was not evidence is laughable. With that said, I doubt he gets charged and even if he does the jury will end like they did for Edwards, a hung jury.

Like bystander, many people don't care that he did something illegal to cover up affairs. This goes for those on the left or right, when the violator is in your party.