2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

What's worse, that guys like him and Gates think they are so smart and their initiatives are what will make the country great, or the fact that so many people listen to them simply because they are wealthy?

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He has funded the campaigns of many of them at all levels of govt, including judges, DAs and SoSs.

If it was your money that got these people elected, would you not expect some degree of control over them? Some level of influence at a minimum? Otherwise, why do it?

3. horninchicago

That gets to my next question and point. If I had that kind of money, I would just enjoy it, maybe give a way a bunch. I wouldn't pay to get people in office. But that's just me.

But Democrats seem to decry wealth and power of white people, until wealthy and powerful guys like Soros and Gates pony up tons of cash for their benefit.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is what Palpatine enjoys

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It depends on what they say, what documents suggest, and on what others say in court. If you're the trier of fact, you look at all relevant evidence.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maricopa County elections notoriously shady

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think there is supposed to be a 3rd party audit in Maricopa

"After getting slammed by his fellow Republicans, Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri announced on December 4, his intention to suggest the approval of a third-party audit of the Dominion tabulation machines. Chucri said the audit “will examine and clarify for the public- software and hardware questions and claims of the ability of a machine to tamper with votes and outcomes.”

Chucri’s move came the day before Forbes Magazine broke the news that law enforcement officials served a search warrant on November 5 at the Fountain Hills home of Elliot Kerwin, who is accused of voter data theft from the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office website.

According to the Forbes article dated December 5, computers, hard drives, and other storage devices were seized on November 5, as part of the investigation of a conspiracy to commit computer intrusion from Oct. 21 through early November.

“The warrant,” according to Forbes, “reveals investigators have been looking into a computer intrusion at an unnamed “victim office,” which occurred from October 21 to November 4. At the Kerwin residence, they were looking for any evidence within the seized computers that showed they’d been used to access the IT network at the office, as well as “protected voters’ information” and any indication that it had been disseminated to other people.”...."

Chucri Offers Support For 3rd Party Audit Of Dominion Machines Day Before Voter Info Theft News Broke

10. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Did you see a full throated defense of Blasey-Ford around here? I must have missed it. The Democratic centerists who post around (or once did when search for common ground became impossible) tend to be interested in facts and decades old memories of something like that with no physical corroboration aren't the same thing as proof. As far as courage...that crazy blonde testifying at the Trump hearing has it in spades... like a drunk guy picking a fight with Mike Tyson.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's sort of like Haley's Comet ....

1781 Revolution
    1861 Civil War
    1941 WW2
    2021 ?????

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You do know it's possible for Blasey Ford to have been a lying fraud AND for Carrone to have acted like a drunk, horny new divorcee, right? Both things can be true at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. horninchicago

What isn't the same is the portrayal of both by the media and most liberals. You, know, #metoo, non sexist characterizations, etc.

I can't stand any of this crap, really. I saw some of the video. I didn't see her the way you do.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's because the media are partisan hacks who were willing to push whatever narrative they had to in order to defeat Kavanaugh's confirmation. They treat Carrone with ridicule, because they detest her politics.

Well, she was combative and slurred her speech - much like drunk, horny divorcees I've seen getting turned down for last call.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Projection, much? Maybe all the time?

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

As I understand it Marrisa Carone was hired by Dominion to be an IT worker so she would have been involved in other areas and activitiies that the other witnesses would not part of. So I would guess that the other affadavits could not corrorborate as the judge said
    I do not know if she told the truth. She risked a alot including threats to her children to offer her view on what went on.
    Would those who call her drunken have the cajones to put themselves out there like she did? I doubt it. Easier to accuse and dismiss someone who did what she thought was right.
    Drunken? I thought she was angry emotional and passionate.

19. horninchicago

If she was making claims against Republicans or favoring Democrats, she would not be characterized that way. She would be lauded. Anyone saying otherwise is just full of crap.

20. Seattle Husker

Come on. Her claims were that she wasn't allowed to touch the machines but that poll workers reprocessed the same ballots thousands of times. Both her Supervisor and the head elections official at the location said this didn't happen. She claimed that the tabulating machines broke repeatedly to which nobody corroborated and in fact said just the oposite.

She's not credible. In that infamous Michigan informal hearing she claimed 100,000 people that signed the poll book weren't registered voters. She was at a vote tabulation center with explicit instructions that she couldn't touch any machines. How would she know that the Poll books were inaccurate?

Carrone is not a longtime employee of Dominion as she worked for Ciber supporting the Ford account until at least August per her own LinkedIn account. Before the Michigan hearing she appeared on FoxNews/FoxBusiness 3 times. Her Facebook account proudly shows pictures of her with Republican officials (Guiliani and others). She wasn't some "innocent" coming forward but sought out her 15 minutes of fame. Not until she got onto the stage with Guiliani did the Trump campaign realize how crazy she was. You won't hear from her ever again except maybe in the Apprentice redux.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  21. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

22. Seattle Husker

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz will argue the PA case if it makes it up to SCOTUS
    If so, would be his 10th time

24. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Seattle Husker

Yo Ted, remember this?

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker
    That shows your fear.
    :lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Husker I admit you really are clever.

28. Seattle Husker

Was it that obvious? I was scared I'd be receiving a call from that Guiliani clown show so was comforted when a patsy raised their hand.

29. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Ted understands that election integrity is more important than some petty tweet during a presidential campaign 5 years ago...glad he has offered to assist.

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

"Election integrity". What a crock. Might as well just do a gofundme from trump tower.