2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

There's a difference between a city wide riot and a riot focused on a singular building.

No city in America, even "red" cities has enough police presence to control a city wide riot. If the entire population of Dallas decided to have a free for all in the entire metroplex, the police would have to just sit there and take it. They would be able to do nothing more than focus on a few buildings and otherwise let the mob rampage destroy the rest of the city. Putting 5 or 10 cops on every block wouldn't do jack to control a city wide riot.

Protecting an individual building is different. Police do have the resources to prevent an incursion into the capitol building, or city hall, or the supreme court. They have deadly force authorization to protect those buildings, and they should use it. I don't give a **** if the rioters/terrorists are white rednecks or antifa/BLM.

We need to start seeing dead people on the steps of these buildings when they try to breach. Until that happens, expect this ridiculousness to continue.

95% of the capitol police force needs to be fired for dereliction of duty and gross incompetence. Most of them are cowards who are afraid to stand up to criminals/terrorists.

How stupid must Al Qaeda feel right now? All they had to do was storm the capitol building with a 100 sympathizers and the pathetic police would just let them in without firing a shot.

We spend trillions of dollars on police/military and can't even protect one government building. Our defense mobilization is a joke.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Incorrect smarty pants. I said "the election". The title of this thread is "2020 presidential election...." So there.... :)

methinks it is difficult for the sponser deputy to agree with me wholeheartedly on an issue too easily.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Cool.
    Now apply that rule to Kenosha, Minneapolis Philly, Seattle, Portland, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Bakersfield, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Des Moines, Detroit, Denver, DC, Louisville, LA, Memphis, NYC, Phoenix and San Jose.
    Go ahead, we'll wait

Or, do you have different rules for different people?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The WHO and the CDC had rationales for their changes. Initially, masks were not advised because PPE was drastically hammered. We had that going on internally. At that point he should have wielded his authority and power to help ramp up real PPE mfg and purchasing. They ramped up buying and nefarious pro-trump people (a few linked to good old Jared) jumped into the void to try make their mint. He also put the states into bidding wars against each other instead of having a coordinated national plan. A few months in we learned that it wasn't so much the touching but the droplets so we changed. Novel viruses lead to changing strategies. Incompetence is not accurate. I'd say working with a hand tied behind your back is more on point.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I just think they should have surrounded the building, arrested everyone inside and let the charges fall where they may - from felony trespass to felony murder to murder. Even the little old lady they helped down the stairs. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dude that is such a crock of ****. I'm the only Dem in my 20 lot 2 acre edition. I think many of them are amazing people. We just don't agree. Why are you such an aggy sometimes?

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

@Crockett, if you don't understand this and it gets a WTF reaction from you, no one can help you.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

@Crockett
    Here, your side seeks to create a "No-Fly List" for Trump voters
    Your people want to ban Trump supports from the ability to travel by airplane
    Again I ask you, who are the modern Fascists in fact (as opposed to the ones living in your mind)?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. horninchicago

Wow, but no issue with people on flights wearing BLM ****.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dude, it literally happens every single day
    Being called a fascist and/or racist by fellow white folk over differing opinions on politics and/or social issues has become a part of everyday life in the US
    It is so common now it has become somewhat banal

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Different rules for different people

This has been my point throughout
    If our little country is going to survive, this has to end
    The same rules have to apply to everyone
    But its hard to get anything done when the other side is calling you a racist/fascist before you even speak a word
    So I am not very optimistic
    In fact, maybe the time is now -- before Biden has a chance to pack the court and trash the Constitution?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. horninchicago

And, to your point, if I, as the Captain and final authority as to the operation of a flight, said that someone wearing BLM material posed a threat to the flight and wanted that person removed, how quickly would they move to doxx me and ruin my life and get me fired? Not very long, I suspect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. horninchicago

But if an FA or flight crew felt a flight would be in question by a MAGA hat wearing racist, that would be no problem.

Different rules.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think the Capitol police were having to deal with an emergency at hand and were unable to process how their reactions fit into the universe of police lawbreakers interaction. They should be accountable, but let's let folks who carefully examine the facts and context render judgment.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So in your world every person who affiliates with a Democrat thinks everyone who does NOT agree with them thinks those people are fascists/racists? That's your supposition?

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ashli Babbitt was a 14-year veteran of the USAF
    She was unarmed when shot and killed in the Capitol
    Not enough questions are being asked about this killing

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. horninchicago

Nah, I say conservatives ought to just riot, no questions asked, like what happens when a black person is shot.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Like I said, he wasn't incompetent, but he was human. Furthermore, you act as though the science was unanimous. It wasn't especially at any given moment in time. But even if it was, there's a reason why there are differences between how countries handle this. They don't exist because some follow science and others don't. Most follow it in general but balance it against other considerations (economic, cultural, legal, etc.). which frankly is what's responsible. Well, that's going to lead to great variances, and sure enough, it has. The US did it one way. Germany did it another way. China did it another. Sweden did it another. The UK did it another. You can judge one more harshly than others, but there was never a true "scientifically right" method. If there was, everybody would have followed it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Thats fine on internet threads but in my opinion poor public policy.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wow, you sure love using absolutes. As George Carlin used to say: “Somewhere in the world is the world’s worst doctor. And what’s truly terrifying is that someone has an appointment with him tomorrow morning.”

Here's another pro-tip since I am feeling generous today - When you have to alter what was said or written in order to make your point, then you have already lost the argument

21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What did you guys say when it was someone of color "stay stupid games, win stupid prizes?"

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

"The analysis here is simple.
    These people you call your "friends" are white (an assumption I admit but when we live long enough, we learn how liberals actually roll)
    They disagree with you on politics, and probably some social issues too
    Since they are white and disagree with you, you think you are justified concluding that they are racists and/or fascists. They must be fascists, right?! They dont agree with you.

This is not new. We literally see it every day
    You are, of course, wrong in this, on several levels, but you have your mind made up and so that is the end of it. But from my perspective, you secretly hating everyone around you says much more about you than any of them."

That's pretty much what you said above. "everyone" seems like a mother ******* ABSOLUTE term, right? Here's what Merriam says: "not qualified or diminished in any way; total." Maybe you should work on your communications skills - (my wife is a communications professor and I gently use that one twice a year).

23. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think what happened will be investigated. Like a llot of people caught up in a disorderly mob. she was not a habitual criminal. Did she pose a threat? It may well have looked that way from the other side of the window she was trying to climb through. It needs to be examined.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

When a black man dies at the hands of law enforcement, we get 7 months of chaos, riots, looting and arson, incited on by the natl and local media
    When an unarmed white woman dies at the hands of law enforcement, the media will drop her like a hot potato

You doubt this? Then bet me
    Winner gets to pick the other's avatar for a month

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gonna need the okie translator again

26. horninchicago

I was being facetious.

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

An aggy wouldn't need a translation.

Try to break into the House chamber that is protected by folks carrying firearms and you may get shot. Just like those idiots in Portland. If they breached the fence and then the entrance they just might get shot by a real bullet at some point.

28. horninchicago

But if they did, more riots would ensue. Why are you not able to follow along on this? The media says it is okay when Trump people get shot. How do you not see this?

29. horninchicago

All we, the wacko Trumpster conservatives, are saying is enforce the rules across the board and have the same reactions. Any liberal on here pretending he would be okay with Antifa/BLM people being shot is full of ****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG] bedlam
    My great friend, neighbor, GOP voter, Trump supporter, Parler member,and, for the purposes of this post, an OSU fan. I snuck through a federal marshal's yard and another Trump fan's yard to switch out his flag before Bedlam a few years ago and then we posted the photo on facebook. He's a great friend who either of us would drop anything we're doing to go help out. My neighborhood has 3 federal attorneys, a retired federal marshal, 3 FBI agents, and a crap ton of conservatives. I have no "enemies" and we gently disagree and move on down the road as Americans.