2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ye olde "its different this time"
    Used to justify all sorts of illegalities throughout history

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hey Beto
    Hows that sad dog of yours?

3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

For sure. I've learned anything it's that the way you deal with narcissistic bullies is you simply ignore them and they will go away. Giving them attention just fuels the flames.

Well, you certainly can't expect the liberals to have any common sense.

4. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I disagree. In the coming months (probably prompted by a shooting incident) I predict a non-stop and intensely focused negative PR campaign from leftist politicians and their MSM cronies intent on abolishing gun ownership in America. The first step is always to "sway" public opinion. Same playbook they used against Trump.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I can guarantee you they are not getting my guns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Anyone that does not fully cooperate will be accused of sedition and treason and will be demonized by the media as a fringe radical.

7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Right out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Probably Mein Kampf too, but I haven't researched it.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Yep. They still will not take my guns without a gun fight. Yes I will lose, but I will not just hand them over.

9. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I truly hope all believers in 2A share your sentiment. I'm very concerned that over the next decade we'll find out.

10. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

You want to drive off a cliff to protect your guns -- have at it.

Here's the real question -- are you willing to take your wife and kids with you?

11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They won’t give up theirs either. They both hold concealed carry permits also.

As part of your wisdom, why not just put all white trash in concentration camps? And at least white trash don’t freeload on message forums. Throw some of your liberal elitist cash to Dion.

12. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Evidently AH24 has already been "swayed". The real question: Will the left be willing to kill American citizens in its overzealous campaign to erase 2A?

13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You know , all Presidents are imperfect. Nobody has challenged our traditions and decorum like the man about to leave.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well we might have beefed of background checks. No doubt the NRA will scream like they are having their guns taken away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I'll say it. Anyone that entered the Capitol building should lose their right to bear arms as a felon. Let the court system find them guilty but when it happens they must forfeit their guns like any other felon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

I like guns too. I have a glock 17, a Ruger SR-9, an AeroPrecision X15, and a Springfield Armory Saint AR-15

My kids are 3, 8, and 10.

I'm not abandoning them so I can fight a war with government and become a martyr for the cause.

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So the government says, “turn in your weapons” you will obey their commands?

18. Seattle Husker

Universal background checks are favored by a significant majority of the country. When it comes up in legislation we'll hear the usual slippery slope argument from the NRA crowd.

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Universal background checks do absolutely nothing to curb gun violence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seattle Husker

Please point me to the evidence from when Universal Background checks were in place.

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They are not in place because they do absolutely nothing to prevent gun crimes.

22. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Certainly your choice. Thank goodness none of the American Revolutionists had young children in 1776.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

He’s good at talking **** to people on here though.

24. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Please define your proposed version of a UBC. Each and every time a firearm is purchased from an FFL dealer a background check is performed. Are you referring to requiring a UBC for sales between private citizens? If so, since criminals already do not abide by the current laws, do your truly believe they will abide by additional federal requirements? Simply more "feel good" window dressing with the hidden agenda of yet another incremental step in the erosion of 2A in the form of bureaucratic red tape and fees. This will be the left's chosen strategy toward gun control, imposition of exorbitant fees, taxes and regulations (as will be the case with the oil & gas industry).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You guys say that about every Republican President every time
    Maybe you forget what ya'll said about Reagan, but I haven't
    And rmbr how much you guys loved W? Yeah right.
    It's the same **** oozing out of your nostrils every time

• Like Like x 3
  26. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Let me be clear. I beg to differ.
    Yours truly,
    BHO
    (as reported by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, NPR, etc.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They brought guns to the state capital
    No arrests
    No prosecutions
    [​IMG]

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Read this twitter thread. My man is Nostradamus.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

One more point (not meaning to pile on to AH24). It's truly not about whether you like guns or not . It's about the undeniable truth that 2A provides the American people with the teeth to defend the entire Bill of Rights. Without 2A, all other rights and liberties can be stripped away without recourse.

30. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

"Armed Trumpist militias". I see the demonization is in full swing.

• Agree Agree x 1