2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I think she (Klobuchar) is the best pick. This general election will, like always, turn on the swing states. That means mostly the Upper Midwest. Trump will win the South, save maybe VA and NC, the non-coastal inland West, and the Great Plains. The Democrat nominee will win the Northeast and the West Coast. That leaves the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes region as hotly contested. Klobuchar will shore up the Upper Midwest. She’ll also get some boost from the novelty of being the first woman VP or Pres. I expect many women would have voted for any woman but Hillary—who carried enormous baggage.

I also admire the way she boldly and clearly called bullish!t on Bernie and Warren’s healthcare $ numbers. That pissed off Bernie and Warren, but won her points with the more normal Dems And the Independents.

She’s just got to hang in there and keep inching up the charts. If this is a contested convention (and it might be), she would be a good compromise candidate. The superdelegates are party insiders and she’s a female Senator from the Midwest. Else, she’d make somebody a good VP candidate.

Her weaknesses: her stereotypical ‘loud-mouthed pushy Yankee woman’ plays terribly in the South which could hurt in Southern swing states like VA and NC. She lacks charisma. Her jokes are terrible and forced. Black voters are less than enthralled with Amy K thus far.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

DeBlasio drops out of race, heads back to NYC
    NYC in mourning

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Back to working 7 hours a month

The NYPost from May
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Because of course

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She might be better looking than Elizabeth Warren, but that's a low standard. Kamala Harris is better looking, and of course, Tulsi Gabbard actually is hot.

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

MSM forced into reporting on Biden's son -- I thought it funny how they admit at the outset that the only reason they are addressing it is because Trump keeps tweeting about it -- it's almost like they are apologizing for covering the story: "We're sorry to report on this, we dont really want to, but it's Trump's fault, he made us do it, please forgive us."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why did they wait so long to look at this, given how far up the rectums of Trump's kids they already crawled?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Or...Lies With Straight Face

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“Joe Biden said everybody's looked at this and found nothing. Who is everybody? Nobody's looked at the Ukraine and the Bidens. Nobody's looked at the role the Ukraine played in the 2016 election.…I'm hoping the DOJ will look at the Biden-Ukraine connection"
    - Sen. Lindsey Graham

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kamala now 4th in her home state

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

They are pieces of ****. "Republicans, including President Trump are doing our job, er, I mean, er, um, hammering Joe Biden..."

In the tank for him.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yet another issue for Warren

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bernie wants to cap wealth
    But he has not yet said where he thinks it should be capped
    $100 million? $50 million?
    He think he will be able to simply seize wealth in order to fund his social programs - ala Hugo Chavez

• poop poop x 3
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Joe, I don't see the issue behind Demos giving money to the Working Families Party. Why should I care?

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Bernie is such an economic illiterate, much like 90% of the American people.

The extreme wealthy are already investing in working people! It's called job growth, technical innovation, market competition, capital investment. All of it benefits working people, in fact it helps them (us) in a disproportionally beneficial way.

Plus it lets those activities prove their inherent value on the market. When Bernie gets to choose how to invest, if he ever makes a stupid investment (if? ha), the bad decision will live on perpetually, because that is what government programs do, even after they are proven to harm our economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

No, he is smart. It's the age old "evil rich people" are ruining your lives, vote for me and I will get rid of rich people.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently Pete Buttigieg called being a college football fan is “problematic.”
    You know who you are

24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I suspect ol' Buttgigger (did I spell that right?) is more likely a fan rainbows and glitter than of football.

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Remember when British rock stars used to move to the States as a tax haven since our taxes were so much lower and less confiscatory than in the UK? We may see the day when American rock stars, movie stars, etc move to England (or similar advanced English-speaking countries) as tax havens to avoid confiscatory level taxes in the US. Who would have ever thought...?

26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So the mayor of South Bend, Indiana (of all places) said being a college football fan is morally problematic. He also implied reliance on fossil fuels (such as in Bahrain) is morally problematic. Putting 2 and 2 together, I wonder what he’d think of the old Houston Oilers football team, the Pearland Oilers, the West Columbia Roughnecks, or any of the other oilfield mascot football teams out there. He must really revile their fans and booster clubs—real deplorables no doubt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can you guess who will be disinvited to the next debate?

28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Rush stopped short of predicting it today, but he thinks there's a portly, older woman who feels like she's been cheated out of the Presidency twice and still wants it so bad she can taste it, that might just throw her bonnet into the ring, especially if Biden goes down.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good. It'll be a lot of fun to watch her get her saggy old *** kicked again.

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

If Hillary runs again, I don't think she wins the primary.

• Agree Agree x 2