2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ProdigalHorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Si señor

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think that shows Dems will never let Bernie be the candidate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I signed up with Warren as Pokantos McTrump. I get 10 emails per day asking for money.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A few things to remember. First, though the Democratic Party claims to be tough on the rich, the real power brokers are very wealthy corporate types like the GOP generally has been. Furthermore, their base is getting more and more wealthy.

Second, corporate wokeness is insincere. It's about money and marketing, not real principles. That means it'll yield to financial interests.

Third, Sanders' agenda is for radical economic restructuring. Corporate types aren't going to go along. That means they'll resist him getting the nomination, and it means that they would prefer Trump to Sanders.

So what will happen? Democratic power brokers will do what they can to deny Sanders the Democratic nomination even if it means screwing with the rules a bit to do it. Since the media is generally aligned with them, they will downplay it.

If the crackpot, Stalinist base overwhelms them and hands the nomination to Sanders anyway, they will push for a third party candidate. Tacitly, that means they would prefer Trump to Sanders. Maybe it'll be Bloomberg, but my guess is that it would be somebody with stronger Democratic credentials. Obviously they won't admit their preference for Trump, because it would politically destroy them, but they're not going to tolerate a President Sanders. Goldman Sachs types would rather have a President who offends their fake woke sensibilities than one who wants them economically destroyed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Would have bet big against Bloomer but not so much now. As usual it’s all about the $$$. Well that and they’re not going to allow Bernie to get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe they will draft Shifty Schiff at the Convention?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • poop poop x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some of the the minority candidates (Yang, Castro) are not too happy with the way the DNC allowed Bloomy to so blatantly purchase a spot on televised debate stage.

In addition, they are reportedly negotiating with Team Bloomberg over whether he will get a crate to stand on behind the podium
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump on the Bern today

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Oh, the sad irony.

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez. I hope you are right. I am not so confident in that though. Gillette wrote about this 100 years ago.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think Gillette is an outlier. He was a very weird guy with weird ideas. I think most of these wealthy liberals can do the math. If you're a banker, you're not going to back the guy who wants to break up your bank even if you have to pretend that you're horrified with the incumbent.

14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Poor Claire. Rather than celebrating a Super Bowl win, she is up prepping for Morning Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump 2020 had one of the best Super Bowl ads

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nate Silver still has not learned anything
    His Super Bowl modeling prediction had the same effectiveness as his 2016 election predicitons

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The Democrat establishment campaign against Ralph Nadar resulted in my voting for him back in 2004. I was disillusioned at the time about the failure to find the WMD in Iraq and was looking around for a candidate. When I realized the pure democracy that is a primary was being subverted so I cast a protest vote.

I think that is what is happening again to Sanders. Again, I feel a primary is a democratic process as opposed to the general election which is a Constitutional process given the electoral college vote impact.

Any Democrat insisting that Trump subverts democracy is a hypocrite.

That's my view anyway.

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LH
    Yea for sure that is a silly mistake, to put the name of the state where the Chiefs are from as Kansas instead of Missouri. They play in Arrowhead which is in Mo but there is a Kansas City Ks
    Kansas City spans the Missouri river. Mo on one side Ks on the other. I bet it would be a pretty even split on season ticket holders between Mo residents and Ks residents. There are at least as many fans on Ks side
    Economically the money is on the Ks side. for sure the schools are better on Ks side.
    I also bet if you looked at where the Chiefs players and staff live a good many live in Ks.

So yea silly of Trump to post wrong state and I hope he corrects it. But it is slightly understandable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  21. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

The RNC should make that part of the commercial their tagline for the entire campaign:

"Politicians talk about xxx - Trump got it done"

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump's other goof-ups were funnier:

1) Austrian is a language.
    2) Hawaii is part of Asia.
    3) ISIS is the JV team.
    4) There are 57 states.

Oh, wait. That was Obama!:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m not sure Sleepy Joe has got one location right where is at. It’s pretty comical....and predictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

You're a doo-doo head! No, YOU'RE a doo-doo head!
    I'm rubber, you're glue! What bounces off of me sticks to you!!

God, what 3rd grade drivel from the both of them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Lest we forget Hillary used a custom made podium in her debate with President Trump.

28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

You forgot to mention when Obama was honoring the Corpse Man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Biden is "not viable" in Iowa. The US media spent a lot of time and money trying to convince everyone he was the "front runner." They lied. Again.

As of the moment, seems like Iowa is feeling the Bern, but its not over. Bernie would be a great opponent for Trump. Establishment Dems are scared and plotting to steal it from him (again). If they succeed (again), I think there is a good chance the Dem Party will break in two.
    Good for my side either way

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1