2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of Justin Wells, he think the 2020 class is down to Collins, LVB-S, Josh White (current LSU commit)/or JUCO LB and Ringo.
    He thinks K.Dixon is the backup plan for LVB-S and he made no mention of Loic Fouonji.

Other folks still think we are actively after Dixon. As mentioned above, there may be some added difficulty with LVB-S Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge: Farrell's commitment predictions

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We got another CB in for Alfred Collins to Texas
    From a Baylor guru

• Like Like x 3
  3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m glad they told him to get lost. I think he will be a cancer in the locker room for the team he chooses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Perfect fit for aggy maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Evans burned a lot of bridges. He is a good player, but needs to grow up and get rid of his entitlement issues. Reminds me of a running back I knew back in the early 80's named Chris Pryor. Chris was one of the top running backs in the country back in the early 80's from Converse Judson. He was a head case and wanted to get paid, he ended up signing with Tech and lasted about 3 weeks. He got about 3 or 4 SWC schools on probation with all the crap they gave him. He had talent to play in the NFL but he was the poster boy for entitlement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I don't have any information to back this up, but I think Josh White is off the board and we should just move on. We stand a better chance of going after an OOS guy than him.

7. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I remember that dude! Ran for like 235 yards in a state playoff game back then? Maybe state title game?

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I remember that State Championship game.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The semi finals that year was Converse Judson vs Houston Yates. That was a game for the ages. That Yates team the following year was still the most dominate team I've ever seen on the high school level. They beat everybody by about 50 pts.

I saw Chris a few years ago, at the time he owned a couple of local burger joints called Fatty's burgers. Pretty damn good burgers, but they didn't get much traffic and eventually closed down. When I saw Chris, he was pretty worn down, Diabetes was really hard on him.

10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Is it weird that we don't have any, not one, of the Top 8 Texans in 2020? And we have a Top 5 class so far?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure we all know what this means

• Like Like x 1
  13. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

To me it’s obvious. That’s our coaching staff going after Ringo. :lmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

That Houston Yates team has to be the best team in any state in HS team ever. I can’t think of a close second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That Yates team was talented and led by Luther Booker, a totally classless piece of crap. In fact, I felt (and still feel so strongly) about it that I called Joe Tusa, who was kind enough to set up lunch for the three of us at Bonnie's on the Gulf Freeway. Joe warned me in advance that "he doesn't think like we do".

I wanted to see just how good Yates was, so I attended a playoff game in the Astrodome. Yates was up 30-0 and had the ball on the goalline. Instead of letting the clock run out, Booker called timeout with one second left so his team could score again.

His excuse was his kids had a chance to break the state scoring record.

My reply was that his championship and record would carry an asterisk for also setting new lows in classlessness and lack of sportsmanship.

As we drove away, Joe looked at me and said, "I told you he doesn't think like we do".

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8m of Bijan

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jason Suchomel of Alfred Collins --

"If you have a clear read on what Alfred Collins is going to do with his college decision, you know more than me.

Collins has now taken official visits to Oklahoma and Alabama and he told another Rivals.com reporter this week that he was down to Texas, Texas A&M and Alabama. However, when I talked to the Bastrop Cedar Creek standout this week, he said he has not trimmed his list, and he’s still considering five schools – Texas, A&M, Bama, OU and LSU.

For most of his recruitment, Collins has said he would take his Texas visit late in the process, probably in December. In talking to him this week, there’s been a change of plans and he’s now planning to be in Austin for his official visit the weekend of October 18 so he can do it during a game-week. Collins will be at A&M in November for an official visit and he’s working to set up a date for his LSU visit.

With his mother’s ties to Texas (she played basketball at UT) and the Longhorns having the edge in proximity, a lot of people have considered this one a near lock for the Longhorns. As I’ve said in the past, I like Texas’ chances, especially since Collins has visited UT so many times, but this one is not at all a slam dunk based on my conversations with him. Collins said again that his family has told him they’ll support him wherever he chooses and they’re not pushing for any one school....."
    Texas Card House War Room (RB notes; WR/LB recruiting; Alfred Collins; Hoops recruiting) | Orangebloods.com

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“I was actually going to go to Texas at first, but my mom had liked A&M,” Omeire said after Austin’s 27-16 win over Fort Bend Dulles on Thursday night. “I’m a momma’s boy, so I made that decision with her.”

However, after much deliberation in his household, it became more evident that Texas was the right place for him over the course of the last few weeks.

“I feel like I can start over there. It’s better for me and my mom, because I feel like I can make it to the league there rather than at A&M. My mom confirmed with me that Texas was the right place, so I flipped.”

20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I've been going back and forth on what it means, but if you know please tell.

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

White will be a tough pull but we supposed to be working on the mom. Last night, we had two coaches there to see him

[​IMG]

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is IT in Kelvontay Dixon

Texas is in a great spot for Dixon, the 6-foot, 180-pound Arkansas ATH commit. Dixon will OV to Fayetteville for the Auburn game in mid-October. We're starting to think Dixon will end up in the class. Funny, that was our initial belief 10 months ago but for a long time it wasn't looking likely. Dixon bears watching. When limited on numbers you either want special players or versatile ones. Dixon has versatility and if he finds a home early in his career perhaps he surprises to the upside. Good athlete with a good frame to work with.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Good sign of maturity, plus impeccable decision making.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Most combined ESPN 4-Star & 5-star commits in 2020 class:

Bama 20
    Longhorns 18
    Clemson 17
    LSU, tOSU 16
    Auburn 15
    UGA, Mich, FSU 13
    ou 12
    PSU 11
    ND, Miami 10
    FLA, S.Car, aggy 9
    Washington, little ut 8
    UNC, OleMiss, Oregon 7
    Stanford, Piggy, Miss St 5

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

plus mama

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ringo and Collins should make it an even 20

• Like Like x 2
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps but west orange-stark, my school ,played them tough. Yates got a few breaks in that game.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

re: Derrick Harris

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

It means the staff will be attacking the recruiting trail this weekend since they have a bye week. Herman said as much in his presser.