2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Thank goodness it wasn’t.

2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Because Texas won?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Glad we won, but Texas was a 20+ point favorite and outscored kansas(the team with the worst offense in the conference until last night) on the last play of the game. If a win can feel like a loss, this was it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I stopped looking at rivals every since they ranked a 4 star that didn’t exist.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. BurntOrangeLH

I do not think recruits base college choices on Vegas' odds.

A W is a W and not a L nor a T.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree. Every recruit has been in games where their team has struggled.

7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Clemson beat lowly UNC on a failed 2-point conversion. They've dropped a couple of spots but that's it because it's a win

8. BurntOrangeLH

But this is a Texas 2020 Recruiting Class Thread.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Was that the Gotch Yarbrough episode?

10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It will probably take more than a few losses to generate any recruiting defections. It also may be tough to commit to Orlando if one feels he's likely on his way out at the end of the season--which may or may not be the case, but that perception may keep building...

Then again, for some recruits it's the school they're committing to, for others it's the chance to play for conference and/or national championships, for others it's the head coach, for others it's the position coach, for others it's the friends they've made on the team, for others it's the coordinator, for others it's some combination of all the above, for others it's a girl, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I feel like there are persons who go to the recruiting sites that like Texas recruits better than rivals and then say, see, he's really an x-star rather than a 3 or 2...

12. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

I remember we decided to go with Malcom Epps rather than him.

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

OMFG! That's as precious as "idoit"!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BurntOrangeLH

Gee, and I always thought Pre-Madonna was the period of time before 1985.

• Funny Funny x 8
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Roach on Fouonji and Collins --

The official visit for Midland Lee wide receiver Loic Fouonji is still ongoing and will wrap up later today. Fouonji obviously saw some offensive fireworks from Texas, and despite a close game against Kansas, I was told the visit is going well. One thing Texas is battling is a loaded depth chart at wide receiver while Texas Tech and the other schools recruiting him can sell and easier path to playing time. The “z” position currently has sophomore Brennan Eagles firmly entrenched, while players like Kennedy Lewis, Marcus Washington, and Al’Vonte Woodard wait in the wings. We’ll work on catching up with Fouonji sometime this week for an update.

I’m told the official visit for Bastrop Cedar Creek defensive lineman Alfred Collins was going as successful as it could have been. Collins has been to Texas more than any other campus this year, and his level of comfort with the Longhorn staff is high. Like Fouonji, Collins is still on his official visit which will wrap up later today. Collins plays everything close to the vest and doesn’t usually show a ton of excitement when it comes to anything in his recruitment, but sources tell Horns247 that Texas is still in a very strong position for the four-star prospect.

There is still some uncertainty surrounding when he might announce. Collins indicated that an announcement could come following his visits, but I’ve heard talk he might announce in January. Whatever the case, I think Texas still holds the inside track, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him show up for more unofficial visits this season. If Texas can lock down Collins, they will have pulled off a clean sweep of the top defensive linemen in the state and put together one of the strongest DL groups in the country.

The Stampede: Intel on Houston underclassmen, OV recap

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I think the Pre-Madonna era of female pop/rock stars was dominated by Heart and early Pat Benatar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Since Madonna isn't a rock star, I'm guessing Pre Madonna is Olivia Newton John and Blondie.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BurntOrangeLH

Not Grace Slick? Maybe Chrissy Hynde?

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is what TFB/Super K says about the Loic Fouonji and Collins OVs --

I mentioned last week the possibility of 2020 WR, Loic Fouonji (Midland) making it in for an official visit. He did end up confirming that he would be in and did make it.

So far I’ve only spoken with a source who says that things went well but source didn’t seem particularly confident about Texas landing Loic. I am told the staff wants him but it didn’t sound like it was anywhere near a sure thing.

***On the Alfred Collins front, sources seem to think things went really well. Texas sources are confident that they ultimately do land Collins.

And here is what TFB/CJ Vogel says about Collins --

I just spoke with 2020 Cedar Creek DL Alfred Collins who is fresh off his official visit to Texas this past weekend.
    ** It still feels like this is a 2-team race between Texas and Oklahoma.
    ** Collins said he enjoyed the weekend though admittedly was surprised at how close the game was.
    ** Despite all OV’s being taken, Collins said he still might take some unofficials before making his decision.
    ** Collins won’t be an early enrollee and acknowledged there was a chance he doesn’t decide until closer to NSD2 in February.

Open Post | Tuesday, October 22nd - The Football Brainiacs - UT Edition

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Where the rubber meets the road. The kids aren't dumb. They want to see the advantage the coaching provides and it was clear we didn't have one last Saturday.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CB by 247's Gabe Brooks for Kelvontay Dixon to Texas

• Like Like x 4
  24. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Joe - What's his expected position at Texas? Assuming slot?

Just saw he's Keontay's brother, seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He is listed as an ATH, probably slot for us but he does have some versatility and some think his best position is actually DB.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This sub-thread cracks me up. Here are some visual aids to help our Sooner friends:

PRIMA DONNA:

[​IMG]

PRE-MADONNA:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. BallsofSteerToo

BallsofSteerToo 100+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1