2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I think he is good, but if he is hung up over how often any defense plays a four-man front, does he really have his head screwed-on right?

2. BurntOrangeLH

So JF, if Texas gets to play Utah in a bowl and wins, does Texas get back in with Fillinger? Is Texas truly out of the picture now?

Angry ducks did us a favor by showing up the Utah DC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That Smith-Njigba might end up being a huge miss for us and, if so, its on Coach Meh

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not sure

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another portal entry - 2016 CB Obi Eboh currently of Stanford and formerly of Southlake Carroll

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Only if it's in the binder :hookem2:

7. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Watching Baylor v Blow U, it’s not rocket science what Baylor has that UT doesn’t. Monster rush DE’s. Even when they don’t get there, they occupy 3-4 blockers, free LB’s and allow safeties to play safety. Totally changes the player count off the line. They have 7 LB and back. We have 5.
    Our recruits that are crucial are Dorbah, Broughton, Filliger, and COLLINS. Our new DC (hopefully very soon) will pound that serious need to these guys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

1) Speed

2) Fast LBs

3) Hunger

• Like Like x 1
  9. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Burnt Orange. Hate the 3 X 3 as much. But it’s hard to play 2 DE’s when you only have one. Watch Baylor. They are eating lunch on OU. Lord we need Collins and flip Umanmielen.

10. BurntOrangeLH

Well a far worse situation would be no B12 team in the CFP.

11. BurntOrangeLH

1.) Coburn, Ojomo, Sweat, Bimage and Graham are quick and persistent. Baylor may be a little stronger overall.

2.) Gbenda, Mitchell, Ossai in that order for speed.

3.) That remains to be seen. I have not seen any quit in our Defensive Line.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Please review the speed of the 1983 defense, and for LBs I refer you to Rod Choate.

I've seen more speed on HS teams

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Incoming - may know who by tomorrow

• Like Like x 6
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

That is truly an absurd statement. You should know better.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Leiding was slower than molasses in winter, but he always knew where to go and still arrived on time. You don't have to be super fast to be effective you just have to have solid fundamentals and good instincts. Same can be said for Ty Allert, the only guy on that linebacking corp with any speed was June James.

The 83 defense is still my all-time favorite defense Texas has produced.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Robin Sendlein was fast as was Eric Holle at DE

Rod ChoTe terrorized us with his 4.4 speed

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Broughton

• Like Like x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CB Josh Eaton to ou

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In case you were wondering abut OL Chad Lindberg, here is some from "the Stampede"

News broke today that former Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman was hired as the Arkansas head coach. That piqued some interest from fans who remember that former Texas target Chad Lindberg chose Georgia over Texas in large part due to the relationship he had with Pittman. I spoke to sources near Lindberg this evening who told me that Pittman’s loss hurt, but Lindberg was still committed to the Dawgs. I was also told there was a possibility Lindberg could hold off signing until Georgia makes their next offensive line hire. If that happens, I expect Lindberg to closely look at LSU, Texas, and USC. I confirmed with the source I spoke with that the Texas staff has had some contact with Lindberg, but as of now there’s not much to see. We’ll definitely keep a close eye on this one to see how it develops.

• Like Like x 5
  23. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

He had 6 TD's against Prosper on Saturday. :brickwall:

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Lindberg is way too smart to follow Pittman to the hogs. If I recall correctly, Stanford was one of the teams recruiting him. For the same reason, LSU may be an unlikely pick, no matter how good they are on the field. Maybe he sticks with the dogs, who knows? Hopefully he gives us another look.

25. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 5
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If I look it will give me hope and I don't want to be disappointed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I know Bijan is a huge get, but Ringo is a program changer for us IMO.
    We have good DB’s I think he will push everyone on the back end, and breath new life into the D. Again just my humble opinion, this dude is special

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bijan is a program changer and Bijan is a game changer. Great speed, great moves--can take it to the house on any play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

We'll see....no matter what team he plays for. I think he is a bit overrated based on his level of competition. He'll have to adjust to the speed and violence of college football.
    If he wants to excel early he better have a badass attitude like Adrian Peterson which I don't think he does. I think he is another Jerry Gray type. Hope I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019