2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Even if we do not get Ringo (which would be a shame for him), we will get some recruits whom we did not expect.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou 247 mod on Collins from the all-star game practices - sounds good for us, but it's not over yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Our win last night cant hurt. Ossai, Coburn and Graham were men on the DL.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Man if he’s already signed with Georgia very strange wearing our gear jumping in this picture holding up the half hearted Hook Em.
    Reminds me of the upstanding Jameis Winston saying he wanted to come to Texas but Mack blew him off or something like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Awesome (meaning the pic) but given all the CB and chatter of him going elsewhere I’m reminded of Perriloux / Martellus / Rouse.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Hey Keelee, unless you're doing a massive double fake, you're not fooling anyone wearing the Texas gear. If you already signed with another school then youre just a poser whose not as clever as you think you are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

He never did an official. I wish we could get him. He's the type of player we need to take next step.

8. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

It would be terrible and I understand you qualified your post but let’s be positive until we know in case he reads the board, which I don’t think is too unrealistic to say

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

There is always the possibility that by wearing Texas gear Ringo thinks he is giving the school some positive PR, although in the cynical world of recruiting, it invariably comes off as trolling.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I have no problem with wearing gear. Not that big of a deal. He's obviously pro UT even if he prefers someone else better for himself.

I'd have a bigger issue jumping into a pic with commits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BurntOrangeLH

It would be funny if he was signed to Texas and Herman is sitting on it.

Ringo did insist jumping into the Texas' recruits picture at the All American bowl in front of Mike Roach. Also Texas did make his last hosted in home recruiting visit right before he is assumed to have signed.

Hmmmmmm ....

12. BurntOrangeLH

At this point, might it be a foreshadowing?

13. BurntOrangeLH

14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I actually don't think it's a troll, I think he wants to keep everyone guessing until he announces. Nothing more than that.

As much as I want Ringo to come to Texas, I have never seen a recruit pick a team without making an official visit. I know it's happened, but never a 5'star.

I was the poster, and at the time he told me Texas has two recruits that were going to announce to us. I have no idea if they have announced or not, but those were his words.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

I can’t remember if star rankings existed in 1984, but Hart Lee Dykes would be the answer to this.
    I’m not implying these circumstances are similar (for those who are too young to recall, HLDs recruitment led to major NCAA penalties for several programs). Ringo has his reasons for his actions. They don’t have to be malicious.
    If he signs with the ‘Horns, great. If not, then so be it and good luck with the rest of your career.

Hook ‘em.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  16. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I read a mock draft 2020 where Alabama had eight first round draftees and Texas none (again). That just saddens me and infuriates me. :facepalm:

17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

A big fat envelope of cash will make a kid to things like this. I think he literally took a pay cut to go to the NFL.

18. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Ringo didn't take an official visit here, but he did spend a week on his own dime, so there is that. If somehow we got him (doubtful) and Collins, that would really make a Happy New Year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Hard to believe that a kid already signed and word hasn't leaked out as to where. Near impossible feat in this day and age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

We did get a couple announcements after he said that...They were 3 stars I think.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill

"I always wanted to be a Oklahoma State Cowboy"

I turned around and saw Willie sitting along the back wall of Bay City Gym with a grin that we in Southeast Texas would call "**** eatin grin".

I remember telling him, "Hart Lee, your couldn't find Stillwater on a map of Payne County"

Hart Lee drove a tricked out MB AMG in Stillwater. First round pick of the Patriots with large signing bonus; another signing bonus from the Chicago White Sox. He then traded the AMG for a Jeep Cherokee, which he financed.

At that time, I told him, "Pay cuts are hell"

Incredible athlete

• Like Like x 1
  22. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Sabre,
    Did Eric Dickerson actually visit SMU?

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Amazing athlete. There was a track meet in Bay City his senior year I was at. Hart Lee Dykes made a real show of driving around outside the stadium and in the parking lot with his fancy brand new car. Everybody from the visiting coaches to the youngest impressionable Freshmen understood well how Hart Lee came into possession of that car. This was around 1985--the height of the cheating days. Some visiting coaches were making snide remarks about how A&M, UH, and SMU must be running short on cash to lose Hart Lee to Oklahoma State.

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure Dickerson did visit Highland Park or not. I know he hated it there. We used him as a "poster boy" for recruiting against them.

One of the big SMU supporters told me that he didn't know the particulars of his visit, but he did know that Meyer sent enough cash in two suit cases for everyone in Sealy to visit Highland Park.

Aggie haters would love the bravado of Meyer when he told the Aggies, they had to continue paying for the car, Dickerson was going to drive it to SMU, and if they thought about reporting to the NCAA, he had files documented to take A&M down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more of the ou perspective on Collins
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As my friend from Australia used to say, "Rather you than me, mate"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  27. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

ZA soap opera continues. Glad we got Bijan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. BurntOrangeLH

And he is the better running back, even with all the baggage ignored. As a real person, there is no comparison.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Evans may be the 1st college recruit to announce what school he will attend while simultaneously entering the portal.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Oregon people thinks he is going to UGA, yet .....

• Hot Hot x 1