2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Aren’t we all

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IT says that if Dixon doesnt commit quickly after the visit this weekend, it will be time for "a contingency." He has been high on the Horns for a long time, even while he was committed to Piglet

They also dont like our chances with Bradford. LSU sent coaches to Lancaster this week and appear to have nailed it down

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And here is IT on the state of 2020 CB recruuiting --

Corner is a hole with Kitan Crawford the only CB in the class for 2020. Isaiah Dunson (Tucker, GA) was leaning Texas heading into this weekend’s OV in Austin, but was told Rakestraw was the preference inside the program. That seems weird because evidently Texas is having to fight for Rakestraw. UT has to fend off little Nicky (Bama) and Mizzou, but when push comes to shove, I’m betting on Ja’Quinden Jackson helping tilt this one in UT's favor.

I also looked at Alabama's class and it has to be close to full already (26 commits). But, I guess, they do whatever they want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“A uphill battle”

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This move has the potential to affect in-state DL recruiting -- TFB thinks he may turn Princely's head

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Brockermeyers

7. RainH2burntO

Baylor making alot of moves...holding little back. Seems they want to get real serious about football. I'm thinking the days of kicking around the old Baylor easily every year are gone and wont soon return. Thought they'd go right back after Briles departure, but I can see they are committed to the program at a whole new level and have greater traction than theyve ever had as a football program.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2021s but yeah, Carrington is all over the place - it's like he has mastered the Star Trek transporter

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

The news on Rakestraw/Dunson does indeed seem weird if true

10. RainH2burntO

Need that these days. Should give us a leg up on the competition having lesser transportation methods.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But here was Princely back in Dec on the LSU staff

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of my neighbors just sent one of his daughters there. It try my best to smile and nod. But honestly, i dont know how you do that

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Update on Sooner Staff visit to Austin...they all disappeared into the night and fog, never to be seen or heard from again. So, fuhget aboudit.

Signed,
    Horn Mafia

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I still think Texas takes both if they can. Both need to develop physically.

15. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

So is dunson no longer committed to miami or is he still weighing his options?

16. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Baylor making alot of moves...holding little back. Seems they want to get real serious about football. I'm thinking the days of kicking around the old Baylor easily every year are gone and wont soon return. Thought they'd go right back after Briles departure, but I can see they are committed to the program at a whole new level and have greater traction than theyve ever had as a football program.

Ruhle is to be credited for reversing the direction of Baylor....now, Aranda is making moves to keep it going. To the dismay of many Texas as well as other fans, Baylor has become stronger in many athletic programs, i.e. men's basketball, and KM has not let up. Track is there too.

They will soon be a thorn in every universities athletic program coast to coast / border to border.

17. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Referring to Baylor as a "thorn", seems to me to smack of the arrogance we are accused of on a regular basis. They currently have a better football team, and better basketball teams than do we.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

You might be overreacting a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

How so?

20. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

not sure how his comments would be defined as 'overreacting'?!

21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Simply I am saying a "thorn" can also be a strong adversary. Doesn't necessarily mean that Baylor would be a weak opponent. For example the Sooners are a thorn to us. So a "thorn" does not always denote arrogance.

22. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Baylor will become Alabama when Baylor starts to recruit like Alabama. Until then they are still Baylor, they are a stepping stone program that can propel a coach to a better job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Yep. The only non-blueblood programs that have elevated themselves to elite — or near elite — status that I can think of over about the past 50 years are Clemson and perhaps Oregon. I don’t expect for Baylor to enter that discussion any time soon, if ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Pretty much. Maybe throw in Auburn and Florida State to that list. The only private school among the elite is Notre Dame.

Some historical comedy—“Only Irish Need Apply”. :yes::yes::yes:

25. RainH2burntO

I believe the context of the discussion was Baylor no longer being a cupcake-bye every year ....not that they were becoming a national, perennial powerhouse.
    We need some '20 recruiting news quick to get this thread back on the rails. Baylor is in our heads now I guess, as they are "powerful" enough to take over our 2020 recruiting thread.
    :rolleyes1::idk::lmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  26. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

'no longer a cup cake' is probably a better way of describing them, they aren't a elite football program yet!

I guess I could put them om TT level except Baylor is doing more in football and now basketball (men and women) while TT is and has been doing more in doing more in baseball, basketball, track and golf. Since football is the big $$$ game followed by basketball, that would shift more success to Baylor's programs.
    That all can be changed when the Horn's are more successful in recruiting / wins.....and when we have a bb coach that matches the talent on the court.!!! Other sports UT is superior to or at least on same plane....baseball is on the way back to the top with TT continuing to be up there also.

27. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

So Bradford forwent civilization and committed to LSU.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

seems official

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I'm a little nervous about this

• Agree Agree x 1