2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some funny edits out there this year. Players seem to like them (and at least one mom)

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some quotes on Justin Flowe

“Upland (Calif.) linebacker Justin Flowe is the nation’s top inside linebacker prospect and one of the best to come out of the West region in a long time.
    Flowe was as good as advertised and maybe even better if that's possible. He has leaned out and said he dropped about 10 pounds since last year and looks quicker and more explosive. He tested well running a 4.68-40 with a 34” vertical jump, looked great in the drills and still plays with the same aggressive edge that really sets him apart from just about every other player we have seen come out of the SoCal region.

“He's a natural leader and has a rare ability to elevate everyone around him because of his motor and how maniacal he plays. He landed an invite to The Opening Finals for the second year in a row following the event.”
    “My next visits will be to (ou) and Texas. I like (ou's) staff and how they do things there. They run a great program and area consistent winner. With Texas, I like coach Herman a lot. We talk all the time and I like their tradition and how they’re turning things around. I think I can go up there and make a big impact on their program.”

• Like Like x 2
  3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Mookie is huge to get on campus! Can’t coach speed ! Like Jake Smith last year, Mookie is my fav recruit this year !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2020 DB Dabari Hawkins (6'3,185) from Stafford. Maybe 6'4.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou 247 mod Brandon Drumm CBd Zach Evans to Texas

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Has Evans visited yet? Damn this would be a huge get for the Horns!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He is skipping Texas Jr Day to visit Clemson

• poop poop x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OB says 2019 commit Marcus Washington will be traveling with Mookie (same school)
    Gonna be a big weekend

Also 2020 DE Princely Umanmielen (Manor), 2020 S Bryson Washington (Houston C.E. King), 2020 DT Kendall Johnson (South Oak Cliff), OL Cedric Melton (Klein Cain) and 2020 DT Braedon Nutter (Tomball Memorial)

2021 DE Landon Jackson (Texarkana Pleasant Grove), 2021 QB Charles Wright (Austin High), 2021 DE Tunmise Adeleye (Tompkins), 2021 WR LaTrell Neville (Willowridge), 2021 WR Cody Jackson (Richmond Foster)

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Are we allowed by NCAA bylaws to take a Prince and a Princely in the same class, at the same position, no less?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good question. Thats why you make the big bucks

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Glad to see some 'true' DTs coming in. The 3-4 defense needs a big stud NT to control the middle and collapse the pocket. We've got Coburn--need some more like him. Wilbon is hot and cold from what I've seen thus far, and he'll be a Sr. Ojomo's got promise and maybe Dan Carson develops into this role...? Still, I would think we're looking closely at a number of 'true' DTs/NTs.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is something on the 2020 DLs from 247 --

DEFENSIVE LINE
    Much like the offensive line, Texas has the chance to pick up some big time talent along the defensive front in 2020.The Longhorns are in a strong position for three versatile defensive end prospects in Prince Dorbah, Vernon Broughton and Alfred Collins. Dorbah is more of a traditional defensive end, while Collins could play the 4i and Broughton might eventually grow into a nose. We can say with some confidence that Texas is in the lead for Broughton and Collins, and are in the top three for Dorbah. Oscar Giles is doing a great job establishing relationships in this class, and that should pay dividends for the Longhorns. The Longhorns are also in the picture for Manor DE Princely Umanmielen. The staff has also offered several out of state prospects, but it’s too early to determine where Texas stands with players like Chantz Williams, Xavier Carlton and Myles Murphy. Texas isn’t seriously involved for true defensive tackle prospects, but have shown in the past the staff prefers to grow their own interior players.

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"Texas isn’t seriously involved for true defensive tackle prospects, but have shown in the past the staff prefers to grow their own interior players."

The spin-down is one philosophy that can yield good results. Still, since we run a 3-4 alignment, I wouldn't mind having a solid two-deep every season of big, strong, often-squatty, dominant NTs to push their way around inside and collapse the pocket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whiffing on Leal hurt

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

Maybe King Hill has some grandkids we can recruit!

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Duke Carlisle
    And Darrell was a Royal

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

A little known story about his senior year in HS. His Exporters beat Port Neches 6-0, but used and ineligible player. i believe it was Coach Hopper who called Gene McCollum the following Monday to report the violation and forfeit the game. The Indians never lost again that season, going on to beat Big Spring for the State Championship.

19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think our Media guys need to do some Godfather thing with the Quote "Going to the mattresses" for Sterns and Foster.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

They will put you to sleep

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

247 just moved Zach Evans as the #1 player in the nation for 2020 class.

• Like Like x 2
  22. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Cue the aggy conspirators. Clearly 247 knows hes committing to Texas because of this...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

:lmao:Truth!!

• Like Like x 2
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe both Princes just need time with the Footwork King...

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Chad has an older brother attending UT now

• Like Like x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RB Zach Evans is now the #1 overall player nationally per the 247 Composite

Zachary Evans, North Shore, Running Back

ps - aggy probably suspects its because the Composite thinks he will commit to Texas

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

With problems at both USC and UCLA, it seems the perfect time to recruit Calif hard again, build a pipeline.

This is 5-star WR Johnny Wilson (6'6,220 with a 4.59 forty) from Calabasas, CA (measurements are from a recent Opening Regional Camp)
    “They (Texas) use big receivers and had two really good ones this past year. It’s easy to watch them and see how well I would fit with what they like to do. Coach Herman has a great system in place and that offense is nice. I also like the location, not too far from home and Texas football lis big time and I think I could really thrive there. I knew Bru (McCoy) liked them a lot and he probably saw the same thing I saw, just how they use big receivers so there’s a natural fit there for sure.”

--------------------
    And 5-star Kendall Milton is from Clovis, CA
    As to ou \/, they already have 5-star RB Jase McClellan and probably dont want to rock the boat with him. As to us and Evans, he has already said he could see himself as part of a 2 man class with Milton. Allow yourself a moment to thinnk of that as a possible RB class. He is buds with Bru, so we got that going for us. Probably unlikely but who knows.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is only Feb so there is no telling how it will all shake out, but with some recent adjustments to player rankings, we currently are receiving legitimate interest from the #s 1, 3, 4, 10, 11, 18 and 29 players in the entire country (and possibly #8). All of them 5-stars. This is how I always felt it should be with our program, every year. Finally getting there.

2020 Top Football Recruits

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Partial Junior Day list of the ones confirmed by Mike Roach of 247. Will be changes. We are supposed to have ~50, or more, players in. We get the high school coaches involved and they recommend some of their own guys. You never know who might blow up at these events

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis
    RB D'Aunte Prevost, Arlington Bowie
    OL Jake Majors, Prosper
    OL Logan Parr, O'Connor
    WR Keith Miller, The Colony
    WR/RB Mookie Cooper, St. Louis (Mo.) Trinity Catholic
    TE Shamar Thomas, Kountze
    DE Robert Wooten, Stafford
    LB Corey Flagg, North Shore
    LB Brennon Scott, Bishop Dunne
    CB Ryan Watts, Little Elm
    CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview
    CB Jahari Rogers, Arlington (Maybe)
    CB Dwight McGlothern, Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill
    S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek

QB Charles Wright, Austin High
    QB Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal
    WR Latrell Neville, Willowridge
    OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor
    DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins
    DE Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove
    DE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Denton Ryan
    S JD Coffey, Kennedale

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll

30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

In case you were wondering what goes on at a Junior Day like me ...

Junior days FAQ