2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Roach CBd Ryan Watts to us.
    The 2020 DB class numbers should be interesting

• Like Like x 1
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Maybe an omen that we will make some headway in signing North TX players? Let us hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I'm thinking we should take for the 2020 class:
    Qb-2
    Rb-2 (1 being Zach) but I think Mook could fit that role also: Mookie is one tough cookie
    4 o-lineman
    TE-1
    Wr-2
    D-line-2 real ones and 2 DE...I am all for Broughton, I think he is going to be a beast.
    Lb-2
    Cb-2
    S- don't think we need one, but we'll take a very good one.
    Ok what's the total:19 that's about right.
    But if there is attrition:
    Maybe depends on position.

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Your numbers seem about right to me. Who knows what will happen with attrition, so we could be into the low 20s for 2020 recruits. As far as the numbers by position go, I'm thinking maybe one more OL than you project to make it 5, possibly no TE, and 3-4 DBs total--whether CBs are specifically targeted or it's 'take the best athlete whether CB or S', I don't know. Also, some of the DB and WR spots may be filled with recruits bearing the ATH designation who could play on either side.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5-star RB Kendall Milton from Clovis, CA will be in Austin this weekend on a UOV. Orangebloods has a quote from him --

"The first thing is the strength of the business school because I want to be able to set myself up well after football. The second thing is seeing how the depth chart is because I want to go in and get early playing time. The third thing is just seeing how the teams can benefit you after college because once that clock ticks and it’s all said and done, you have to be able to be set up for life after football because it’s still a long life to live. I want to go to a school that can help me succeed off the field after everything is all said and done."

247 says he and Zach Evans have had frequent conversations about playing on the same team. Evans evens brought Milton up this past weekend. Seems unlikely (5-star RBs dont gnerally end up on the same team) but there you go

Evans --

“I DM’d Kendall (Milton) on Twitter and got his number and we got know each other. Kendall can carry the load. He’s a big back. I like competing with the best. Being on the team with him would be great. He’s physical and fast. With me and him, no other team would stop us.”

• Like Like x 6
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is some Milton film
    Good size with a quick lateral cut

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

EJ Holland on this year's beastmode 5-star ILB Justin Flowe from Calif (#3 nationally, #1 in Calif)

" .... I spoke to a source with strong connections on the West Coast who told me that five-star linebacker Justin Flowe to Texas is becoming more of a real possibility. Flowe is very open to playing further away from home and is friends with 2019 Texas signee and ringleader De’Gabriel Floyd. There is no exact date set, but Flowe plans to make a visit to Texas in the very near future. He is part of the same 7v7 program that produced both Floyd and McCoy."

• Like Like x 4
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My numbers are slightly different.

QB - 1
    RB - 2 or 3 I really like the kid from California, and I'd take him over anyone including Evans. Of course Evans is extremely close second.
    OL - 5 to me this is a minimum.
    TE - 1
    WR - 2 or 3

DL - 4
    LB - 3
    S - 2
    CB - 2

On offense, I'm good with keeping Card at QB and whoever we get at WR, TE are going to be good. What I'm most concerned about is RB and Oline, we need to get 5 guys this cycle. We are 3 in and I'm still really hoping we can pull in Chad Lindberg and Damieon George. We get those guys and we are set.

RB is a position we need to finally pull in a difference maker. I love Mookie because he is a do it all guy who you want to touch the ball about 10 times a game. He isn't a guy that can carry the load, for that we need Either Evans or Kendall Milton. I have fallen in love with Milton's film he is the guy I want now more than anyone else. I love Zach Evans, I would be equally as happy to have him, but Milton is a guy that would bring back memories of Ricky Williams and Earl Campbell. Actually, watching his film, he reminds me more of Bo Jackson.

On defense
    I think our biggest priority is Dline, we need about 4 guys and I'm pretty sure we are sitting in a good spot with Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton, Prince Dorbah, and Princely Umanmielen.

With that said, there are two guys I want above all else, they are ILB Justin Flowe, and CB Kelee Ringo. If there is a 3rd guy it would be Sav'ell Smalls.

Those guys are on the level that puts your defense up there with Bama.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

You gotta love a kid who talks a big game about getting a great education and then ou, alabama, florida state are on their list? :idk:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Zach is smart. He doesnt carry the ball 30 times a game at North Shore and it seems he doesnt want to in college. Share the load and be fresh and dominate when you get the call. And extend your career in the process. Makes sense to me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I just really like what I'm reading.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB says Zach Evans will be an EE
    However, he had told 247 earlier he wouldnt decide until Feb

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Updated Rivals top 100:

2. ZEvans
    3. JFlowe
    8. SSmalls
    9. KRingo
    14. KMilton
    26. JWilson
    29. DDemas
    33. JMcclellan
    48. CThompson
    67. MCooper
    69. BWashington
    75. TOmeire
    86. VBroughton
    96. CLindberg

Not on this list -- ACollins and JJackson

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A CB came in today of 4-star DE Vernon Broughton of Cy Ridge to Texas by Steve Wiltfong

• Like Like x 3
  17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m kind of thinking we have a better shot than we realize for Demas. If we do as well as I think we are going to do I believe he jumps from Aggie.

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I hope you're right. He's a baller. Wasn't Demas the guy who got upset when he heard people talking smack about A&M...?

19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I like to see it. Besides, I enjoy see that bright red and yellow glow on the horizon as aggyland burns to the ground when we get a player to flip from their program.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A series from or about BC

This one from a week ago he retweeted this am

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There are not many TEs in this class -- and Henderson can play multiple positions. So maybe ....

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Besides Watts, the tag team of Holland/Roach (of 247) have put in CBs to Texas for --

WR, Quentin Johnston, Temple
    CB, Josh Eaton, Aldine MacArthur
    ATH, Kitan Crawford, Tyler John Tyler

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Just when you start to get a wandering eye for other 5-star RBs, you turn back to Evans for this
    My back and hips just fainted

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy might end up being a 5-star
    247 currently has him as 3-star. That is definitely going to change

aggy fears we may get both he and Collins (which we may). In fact, we currently look good for all 3 of DLs Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton and Prince Dorbah

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This will change

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Holland thinks the chance of flipping him are low at the moment
    But we are making the effort

His top 5 in state would include Demas along with Broughton, Evans, JaQuinden Jackson and Chris Thompson.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

BTW, they say that Wiltfong's source for this region is aggy DC Elko

30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Man I hope he doesn't bust a nut

• Agree Agree x 3