2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

great year for Rbs

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star OT Nathan Anderson(6'5,262) from Frisco who tested well at the regional, including an exceptional shuttle time for an OL. He has only been playing the OL for a year. Has zero crystal ball picks to date per 247
    Nathan Anderson, Reedy, Offensive Tackle

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hudson Card qualified for the national Elite 11 QB finals (so did Haynes King from Longview)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kimber came away with the top overall rating at the Dallas regional
    His top 3 are Bama, Notre Dame and us

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The big corner

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i hate to sound like a broken record...but i hope our coaches focus more on North Texas. For 2020, 4 out of the top 10, 9 of the top 20 in Texas right now are from north Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Both 4-star Cy Creek outside linebacker Josh White and 4-star Fort Bend Austin wide receiver Troy Omeire will be visiting this weekend
    This will be White's second visit of the year, while it will be Omeire's first visit to Austin in 2019 (he made multiple visits last year)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

EJ Holland on Hudson Card and Haynes King

Card vs. King — The debate has been brought up over and over again on the message board. Look, both Haynes King and Hudson Card looked terrific at The Opening and earned Elite 11 invitations. The four-star signal-callers have their own cases as being the quarterback prospect in the state this cycle. Quite frankly, I don’t think you're wrong if you go with Card over King or King over Card. It’s a tough decision. But the bottom line is Card is UT’s quarterback take, and people should be excited. This dude is a stud at the position and much further along as a passer than Sam Ehlinger was at this time in his career. Card also posted a 38-inch vertical and 4.03 shuttle and was an all-state caliber wide receiver as a sophomore. He’s a tremendous athlete at 6-foot-3, 180 pounds.

Holland also Texas weathered the tree storm on Lindberg

Four-star offensive lineman Chad Lindberg, one of the most important targets in the class, made an unofficial visit to Stanford over the weekend. Going into the trip, I said Texas had the advantage but made it clear that his time in Palo Alto could change things. So how do I feel now? I think Texas weathered the storm and is still the team to beat in this race. I’m told the family really enjoyed their time out West but that it wasn’t enough to push the Cardinal over the edge. Stanford didn't move down at all, but again, I don't think it moved past Texas. Georgia and Clemson are likely to receive visits next.

Stanford topped Texas for Walker Little a couple of cycles ago and he and his mother are involved in recruiting Lindberg to Palo Alto. However, Little was not on campus to spend time with Lindberg this weekend. By the way, Cindy Card, mother of Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card, called Lindberg’s mother, Emily, last night and had a great conversation with her. Texas offensive line commits Logan Parr and Jake Majors are planning to reach out to Lindberg this week. The three are growing close.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kimber is starting to get CBs to Bama

• poop poop x 1
  11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Jeff Traylor, who is now at piggy, is recruiting King.

I don't know if this is already posted. I didn't realize Traylor was at piggy now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Better at Piggly Wiggly than at aggsy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

The o-line has got to be a positive with the rb’s Herman & co. are going after.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Last time I was in a Piggly Wiggly, some of the checkers were bigger than the Aggie OL

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Last time I was in a Piggly Wiggly, I was 7 years old.

16. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Last time I was in a Piggly Wiggly I was in South Carolina, and George Bush was president. The first one.

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Traylor is the one guy off Charlie's staff that I was disappointed to see leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Also, Chad Morris is supposed to be no fan of Herman

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but that would mean having to work hard to convince N Tex recruits to come here instead of Oklahoma etc. Guess we'd better look elsewhere... :puke:
    Someone please explain the rating/metric "PEAK PWR. XXXX WATTS." How do they get that measurement and what are they measuring? Sounds like a UL rating of industrial lighting or something...

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Personal envy and perhaps pissed that he didn't get a shot at the Texas job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

SPARQ stands for speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness.
    A SPARQ Rating is calculated by an athlete's results in the staple SPARQ drills -- 40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle, vertical jump and kneeling power ball throw -- and from their peak power score, which is derived from their body weight and vertical.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont know what's behind it, but it is almost certainly a job requirement for that charming school.

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So "PEAK PWR" boils down to: can he jump high for his weight?

25. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I was disappointed to see Strong's oc and the line coach go. I would still take them back.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Verticals are an indication of explosiveness

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I can see that, but Traylor was an East Texas recruiting machine.

28. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Why would we want to downgrade our current staff?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

THIS^^^ I'll stick with the status quo, for now

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WR Demand Demas:

“Don’t get me wrong, my recruitment is still open. I’m just 100 percent to (aggy) right now. You know, I’ve always liked Texas. Of course, Javonne is trying to recruit me. He just tells me UT is where it’s at. I’m not blocking him out. I’m just neutral right now.”

Edits are mine

• Funny Funny x 3