2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think he mad at us for educating him about posting foul mouth football videos. This ain’t Illinois or Miami.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Could be a little something something to it
    The same school made a hard run at the Washington family last cycle

3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

lol this reads very funny to me

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It doesn't look like a wise move, but he will be the starter day 1 ay Illinois. It is B1G so he will get some good publicity as long as he performs.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Last time that happened, Ron Zook was sending Mike Locksley on overnight road trips with enough luggage for a two week vacation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

It's too bad, I like Mookie, but he is not going to make or break this recruiting class. I wish him the best and hope he made the right decision for himself. Kid has some great offers from schools besides Texas, I'm guessing this is a matter of him wanting to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond.

Who knows, I just think he would have been great here at Texas in this offense. I said the same thing about Rondale Moore and I can't fault him for his decision, he is the feature player at Purdue and that would never happen here at Texas.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Make it happen

• Like Like x 4
  9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Re: Mookie, don’t be this guy ... unbelievable direct tweet at the young man. Best of luck Mookie unless we play you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Gotta luv Sam!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is so aggy
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good story about LB Josh White here
    He will probably commit sooner than later (us, LSU, ou, Oklie St and Baylor). Maybe even by this weekend. We will see

“He’s the real deal. You won’t find one better that can read football plays, read offenses, he reads linemen and there’s not a lineman that can block him. He’s strong. He’s fast. He’s agile and he reads well. That’s everything you need”.

What coach Smith saw in Josh so early on was his ability to change direction, “Watching him run and change direction. It’s all about changing direction. As an incoming 9th grader he looked pretty good. So, we had an idea. Everything else is history”.

Open Post | Weekend, March 8th - 10th - The Football Brainiacs - UT Edition

• Like Like x 4
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like quite the weekend

[​IMG]

• Hot Hot x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Allen runs an Under Armour training facility in Houston. He played college ball at NMSU. The first 2 names are Josh White and Troy Omeire. The 3rd is 2022 WR Keith Wheeler, Atascocita, Wide Receiver

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sound like TFK has some competition.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    "Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei defensive back Darion Green-Warren opened up his recruitment and de-committed from Oklahoma earlier today. Green-Warren committed to the Sooners last July and looked as solid as can be in his pledge. Oklahoma was the childhood favorite for the talented corner, he grew up near Norman and even had some family in the area. He was an active recruiter for the Sooners as well but things started to change when former DB coach Kerry Cooks left to take the DB job at Texas Tech.

“Coach Cooks was my guy, we were really close,” Green-Warren said. “When I left and coach Grinch and coach Manning came in, I never really connected with them. I talked to them a few times but my communication was mostly with Chip Viney and coach Riley as well. I thought they might make more of an effort to get to know me since I didn't know either coach that well but that never happened. I got the sense I wasn’t really their guy and then when I talked to coach Riley, he was up front and honest with me and told me that coach Grinch prefers corners that are taller and more athletic. He told me I’ll always have a place at Oklahoma as long as he’s there but he also said it’s coach Grinch’s defense and he would always defer to him when it came to player personal decisions on that side of the ball.”
    Texas is another school that could jump in the picture. “After I de-committed, I got a call from their DC, Todd Orlando,” Green-Warren said. “He said they haven’t been recruiting me because he felt I was locked in for Oklahoma but now that I’m open, they want to recruit me. I’m supposed to talk to him again on Sunday and hopefully they offer. They have Bru (McCoy) there now and it would be great to go out there and take a visit and see what the school is all about. ...."

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

That’s a plethora of 5 star Running Backs we’ve had visit.
    Loving it

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Drayton needs to reel one in this time

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star WR from St Louis (6'2,180)
    Offers from Bama, Pippy, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, tOSU, Oregon, aggy, Wisconsin+
    ND is the fav
    From Holland --
    "Johnson is slated to announce his decision on July 28 of this year. Johnson spent the weekend in Los Angeles playing 7v7 with fellow Texas targets Xavion Alford, Joshua Eaton and Dwight McGlothern on Fast Houston. At 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Johnson is ranked as the No. 6 wide receiver and No. 34 overall recruit in the country, per 247Sports Composite."

• Hot Hot x 1
  27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

...or maybe even more than one! :smile1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RB Jaden Hullaby (6'2.190) from Bishop Dunne

30. Badass