2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ringo was still around as of Friday
    Wearing sandals at practice like a boss

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Looks like the man knows how to chill and he's comfortable here!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Could still beat me in the 40 wearing sandals

• Like Like x 1
  4. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

He could beat me in the if he ripped his hamstring off the bone at the 10 yard mark. He could heal, rehab it and come and finish the race and still win.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Still on campus on Saturday
    Otherwise, he would have missed this

• Like Like x 3
  6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Me, too, Rick. I have deceptive speed - I'm even slower than I look. :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is EJHolland on 2020 Blake Smith (6'4,247) from Southlake Carroll

Texas hosted an intriguing prospect for an unofficial visit on Friday in three-star 2020 Southlake Carroll tight end Blake Smith. A former quarterback, Smith is one of the top The Opening testers at the tight end position in the country and has recently notched P5 offers from schools like Boston College, California, TCU and Utah. He is one to watch.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Houston Regional of The Opening is today

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

If you wanted to time my 40 yard dash you wouldn't need a stopwatch, you’d need a calendar

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

For those too young, this is what we used as wristwatches before iphones

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

First Video - his first movements is one step and stand straight up. Recipe for failure.

Second video, moved his feet 4 times before any contact was made with the defender, this is exactly what he should be doing, positioning himself. He also did a better job of bending his knees. He still allowed the defender to get to his body which likely means he needs more arm strength and shoulder strength. Push ups are an offensive linemen's best friend. It's the perfect exercise for strengthening the ability to absorb the shock of a defensive linemen running towards you and trying to get to your body. Second best is having an offensive linemen hit a heavy punching bag.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

This is one of the top recruits I hope we get along with Evans, Ringo, Broughton, and Flowe-LB.....j just sayin:headbang:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Not sold on George.

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I get your concern. That first video didn't exactly inspire confidence...

It's so hard to gauge and predict OL recruits as you're really projecting what they will be like in three years or so. Bragg (2019 Center recruit that chose Stanford over us) had videos of him repeatedly getting his a$$ kicked at a camp. Hand still really wanted him. George's second video looks good. He has the body and raw abilities to be coached up. Win some lose some--I doubt many staffs will back off the guy because he loses a few battles against highly recruited DLs, but maybe some will. We'll see.

I, for one, sure hopes he picks us. :bevo:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lotsa 99ths

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

No 100s?

... Loser

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Power Ball scores are pretty random. It's a real lottery.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposed to be #2 score nationally so far
    Mike Roach of 247 on Evans --
    Five-star North Shore running back Zachary Evans lit up the testing scoreboard today, but he didn’t participate in many one-on-one reps. Evans was told by testing personnel he ran a 4.4 flat, but his official time was 4.51. In the few reps Evans did take, he showed off excellent quickness and elusiveness as he made linebackers miss in small spaces. Camps aren’t built for great running back performances, but Evans showed elite athletic traits through testing.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If they all sign with us, we've got a ticket to ride to the playoff. It would be a hard days night if they sign with OU. They'll create helter skelter on the opponents' game plan. We will get back to where we once belonged among the national championship contenders with these guys. I could go on and on with this material ...

• Like Like x 5
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is a Mike Roach snippet on George's performance at the regional Opening --
    North Shore OL Damieon George showed strings of flat out dominance during the one-on-one portion. There were times he was beat by faster players on the edge, but if George got his hands on a defensive lineman, he usually buried them. George has great size and length, and he shows some ability to move laterally.

• Like Like x 5
  25. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

Sounds

• Like Like x 1
  26. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

Sounds like george and Evans are a package deal per evans

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

So says Evans. Alabama, Georgia & LSU all are in play for George and therefore, Evans.
    The Dotted Line: Teammates, Texas targets Zachary Evans, Damieon George say they're a 'package deal' | Hookem.com

28. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

i have a sibling that coaches the S&C program at his HS. Mentioned that his freshman year, Aki didn't know how to do a full body squat, so at least there has been steady progress. Lincoln, Saban, and Herb have all visited him at practice, so he is definitely no slouch.

29. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I remember the OG/C types in high school had the advantage early on max numbers if they had shorter arms. Maybe he just needs to grow into his arms?

30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bench Press is useless. Tell me his squat, Dead lift, and shoulder press. That is what is important in football.

Hell I'm more interested in his push up total. It's a much better exercise for offensive linemen.

Yancy will develop him, I'm feeling good about his ability to get these kids strong very fast.