2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. vetteman1291

vetteman1291 < 25 Posts

My family and I plan on going to the State Championship game between North Shore and Duncanville. If you guys would like a report on how Zachary Evans does I can put something together.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Or you could stalk down his parents and let them know how much the posters of Hornfans would appreciate his attendance at THE University of Texas. :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some CBs in for 2020 4-star OL Jake Majors (Prosper) to Texas
    He visited last weekend with 2020 Texas commit OL Logan Parr.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Would be great, but I have a hard time believing ou and/or aggy will let 2 linemen from North Texas sign with Texas.

• poop poop x 2
  6. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

:rolleyes1:

7. vetteman1291

vetteman1291 < 25 Posts

LOL Iwill try that first!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Parr is from the north side of San Antonio. I guess if you live in Devine, then that might seem like North Texas. BTW, he's the #4 OG nationally and is supposed to have a nasty streak.
    Majors is the #20 OT nationally per 247

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, how was it?

10. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

I think they play tonight.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I wrote that in the future

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Far out:hookem:. Att stadium looks packed

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Well that was a hell of an ending.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Impressed with the RB

15. vetteman1291

vetteman1291 < 25 Posts

Just finished the game. My thoughts: RB Evans for North Shore did not have a lot od room to run all night. His line did not do a good job opening up holes for him to run. He was very patient running behind his blockers and made a few tough good runs. The Duncanville defense is very good and physical. They zeroed in on Evans every time he touched the ball. He was swarmed all game long.
    The best defensive player on Duncanville is LB Cruz. He ays sideline to sideline and has good speed. He is always around the ball. He made a very good strip fumble recovery that resulted in a momentum changing turnover for Duncanville.
    The Duncanville QB Jackson is big and imposing breaking tackles and has good speed for a big man. I don't necessarily think he will be a QB at the next level. He did not throw a good accurate ball and does not make good reads. He single-handedly kept his team in the game. Not sure how many yards he ended up with, but it was a lot. He looked like Cam Newton scrambling out there amongst boys, but with more speed. I do see him possibly as a TE or WR at the next level with his athleticism.
    I was even more impressed with the QB Davis fornNorth Shore who wound up as Offensive MVP of the game with over 330 yds throwing and 5 TDs. These throws were not short for the most part. He was connecting on some bombs, including the game winning hail-mary pass. I believe he had over 80 yds rushing, but he is very elusive in avoiding the sack and keeping the play alive. He is not as big of a QB as the Duncanville kid, but he was very accurate with his throws.
    His favorite target on the night was WR #19 Davis of North Shore. He has good size and speed. He looked to be about 6'0 or 6'1 and is very electric with the ball in his hands after the catch and in the open field. I believe he had 9 to 10 receptions for about 180 yds and two TDs. Both TDs were long catches. One where he got behind tje defense for a 80 yd score and the other he caught with defenders around him and made some nice moves in traffic to get into the endzone on a long run. The most amazing thingbto me about Davis is the fact he is only a Sophmore. That kid is the real deal. He is also strong enough to break tackles.
    In all, it was a very good, exciting and close game to watch! Good win for North Shore to pull it out with 3 seconds left on a hail mary pass at the back of the endzone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This despite having a larger OL, across the board, than some NFL teams.
    Credit Duncanville with a good plan and scheme. They sold out to stop Evans and said "Let's make that sophomore QB beat us."
    And it almost worked

17. 2003TexasGrad

Yeah. That QB ended up beating them in the end. Great game.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

AS of right now according to 247 here is who we are leading for or look good with

I love the fact that Keelee Ringo is coached by Bryant Westbrook. He is our Ace in the hole.
    Zach Evans is the gem, but we have our work cut out for us, Bama is going hard and heavy as is aggsy. Texas offers more immediate playing time but the other two have much better oline recruiting right now.

We have all or majority of CBs for the following guys 247 top 300
    Zach Evans - RB - 5'star
    Keelee Ringo - CB - 5'star
    Ja'Quinden Jackson - Ath - SDE - 4'star
    Mookie Cooper - Ath - SDE - 4'star
    Chad Lindberg - OL - SDE - 4'star
    Chris Thompson Jr - S - SDE - 4'star
    Darius Snow - S - SDE - 4'star
    Bryson Washington - S - SDE - 4'star
    Vernon Broughton - SDE - SDE - 4'star
    Collin Sullivan - Wr - SDE - 4'star
    Prince Dorbah - WDE - SDE - 4'star

Texas top 100 (not mentioned above
    Princely Umanmielen - SDE - 4'star
    Jaylen Garth - OT - 3'star
    Jake Majors - OT - 3'star
    Ty Jordan - APB - 3'star
    Alfred Collins - SDE - 3'star
    Kelvontay Dixon - Ath - 3'star

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2003TexasGrad

Jackson is a baller. Get him on the field. Period.

21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

I live in Prosper. I'll be sure to check him out next Fall.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I have a good feeling about this 2020 class. I am going out on a limb and say that this will be a top 5 class for us. I think this will be our best o-line haul in a long time and I hope we offer every big time d- lineman in the country and see what sticks. Also I think we might get Evans and Cooper especially since what's his name committed to Bama this past cycle. Man I hate Bama. Yes I am excited about this class including Card who I think will have a better career than Ehlinger. When we play Bama in the regular season Bama better come with their A-game.

24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Pretty sure they bring that game regularly

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They brought it against ou for a quarter then lost it badly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

My handle and I feel obliged to remind you that the great Justin Blalock was from North Texas - P-Town to be exact (that's Plano for those who don't speak jive).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

what does "SDE" mean in this context?

28. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Refers to defensive ends. Strong side or weak side

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposed to be a lot of quality depth in the lines, both sides

30. Joe Fan