2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Missed this last week. It's pretty funny if you recall the background
    Tunmise has been riding Princely pretty hard on twitter

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy is below ou but ahead of UNC
    I was wondering if anyone would notice their absence :cow:

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Also open is what would do we do if CB Jahari Rogers wants to later flip (from Florida). I am certain we would make room for Ringo but am not sure whether the same holds for Rogers. My guess is that we would make room for him, but its just a guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Edited it, thanks

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe,

Diron, Don, & Charley said tell you "hello", but I explained to Diron that you hadn't gotten to three brothers yet.

:hookem2:

6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If Ringo wants to come we are taking him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

We are likely to lose 4 Dbs to the NFL after 2020 season, all would be juniors. This is the class we would need to step up if that happens. I'm pretty sure we would take either or both if they wanted to come.

The 4 Dbs I'm referring to are Sterns, Foster, Cook and possibly Green. I'm less sure of Cook and Green, but still feel the smart money is that 1 or 2 of our starting corners this year will skip their senior year.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I knew I would miss one, but here I apparently missed three
    Thanks and edited. But I did at least get to correct your spelling of Charlie. Come on Sabre!
    Cant wait for the guys from the 1930s

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I believe the plan was 2 CBs this class. So I dont know what that might mean for Rogers once the distance becomes a big deal. We will see.

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget the Kristynik family. 3 brothers there too, if I recall.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OK, I give
    :whiteflag:

12. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Ah, thank you for clarifying that for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BurntOrangeLH

At some point when the flippers start hitting, Herman and staff will have to judge carefully on motivation and dedication.

Rogers may well wake up and discover there is no DBU at UF. Ransom at tOSU, too

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. BurntOrangeLH

Marvin, Paul and .... ?

15. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The thing I like about Pouncey and Crawford is that both have the ability to play multiple positions. If we get a flip we possibly spin one down to safety.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wiltfong has never been known as an orange sunshine pumper, but he likes Pouncey

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

David.

David lives just a couple of blocks away from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ty Jordan now has 6 CBs, with half to us but the most recent ones are to Texas. So with Bijan now in, Jordan is trending us.

His best track times I can find are 10.52 in the 100m and 22.06 in the 200.
    At TCU camp, he says he ran a 4.37 forty. For reference, the fastest 40 at the NFL Draft Combine this year was 4.38 by Nyheim Hines of NC St.

At the Opening Regional in Dallas back in March, he ran a 4.53 forty, 4.32 short shuttle, 32.8-inch vertical and 36-foot Power Ball throw, which combined for a SPARQ rating of 97.50.

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I talked to Stern's Momma, back before he had any injuries, about him coming out early and she said 'no way'. I can easily see how and why that would change but I'd sure like to kept him on the 40 - good kid and a great Horn. Plus it was always fun talking to his Mom.

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Impressive stats.

Mookie Cooper, Ty Jordan, Jahari Rogers -- 3 similar players with exceptional agility and quickness, who could each play multiple positions (RB, WR, CB, Return Man). Each has the potential to be that big-play-maker everybody is looking for. I'd like to keep pressing on all 3 (even though Mookie is committed to tOSU and Rogers is committed to UF, of all places ...). We should try to get at least one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like we backed off Scott. He lacked the skill set we wanted. No worries. I hope he does well at KU except when they play us.

If we went only by the number of stars given by the online rating sites, we wouldn't want Karic (whom I'd argue is our best OL prospect of the year).

• Like Like x 1
  23. BurntOrangeLH

Sometimes there is just too much PMS over there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes I flinch thinking that we let Mookie Cooper, Rondale Moore, Jaylen Waddle slip through our fingers. But then I remind myself we got JWhitt + Jake from St Farm + Eagles + Moore and that feeling goes away quickly.

25. BurntOrangeLH

Personally, I think Herman and staff have become the top talent evauation team in college football. Ruhle figured it first and constantly bird dogs Herman offering gullible recruits earlier playing time because they have nothing after 1st string.

Now other top P5 coaches are discovering the same truth and are bird dogging Herman too, but also resorting to negative recruiting. It will come back home to roost for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Also on Rogers as a CB, he was great at The Opening, going toe-to-toe with the best WRs and against the best QBs in the country, and he performed very well. So the more I think about it, we have to take him if he wants to change his mind and stay home.

Also, looking at the 2021 in-state DBs - I dont know. That is a very deep in-state class across multiple positions, except maybe the DBs. We already have Bowman in and, so far at least, we are in good shape with CB Ishmael Ibraheem and S JD Coffey (could commit at any time). The only top 2021 DB we are out on is CB Latrell McCutchin (from Austin sadly enough), who was determined to play in the SEC no matter what. So, yeah, Rogers in 2020 is a take.

• Like Like x 2
  27. BurntOrangeLH

I think Mookie is a flip if we do well and he just chose tOSU as a place to hang his hat. Mookie was still wearing Longhorn athletic wear at the Dallas Opening and proclaiming he would still take his OV days before committing to tOSU.

His post commitment comment read like a plea for Herman to come get him. His high school buddy Washington is doing well at practice and I imagine Mookie will come visit him sometime this Fall. We'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Not only do we have coaches with a superior eye for talent, but the whole system is a well-oiled machine. Carrington and Chang (behind the scenes) contribute greatly to make this all happen.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Even the guys we get close on but end up whiffing on, turn out to be solid. Like the three guys I mentioned a couple posts up -- Mookie Cooper, Rondale Moore, Jaylen Waddle - we were on all of them early. Correct evaluations all. Just couldnt quite close.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Of course it doesn't work this way, but ...

We locate and offer a lower rated / diamond-in-the-rough type. At that moment, his offer list reads like: UTEP, UL-Monroe, Tulsa, SMU, Western Kentucky, and UT. Then everyone else all of the sudden takes great interest in him and his major Top-25 program offers pile up high. I'd often like to say: "Hands, off--we found him first!"