2020 recruiting - Softball

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Ellis21d, Aug 23, 2018.

1. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 25+ Posts

She is currently playing Michigan State. Enrolled early.

2. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Correction, playing now but flying around the country to play where there's no snow!
    First home game in East Lansing is 3/25!
    :eek:

Graduated early to enroll early? A rarity, but props for that effort.

3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

Just some fun information that I just found out.... Jayda coleman who is the #1 ranked player in the nation in the 2020 class and an Oklahoma commit is the girlfriend of Texas football commit Billy Bowman Jr. Would have been nice for him to convince her to bring her talents to Texas.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

Does anyone have or know where I can watch video of Ryleigh White or highlights?? If so please drop the link.

5. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Ryleigh White:

Talking Texas with 2020 Softball Commit Ryleigh White

“I de-committed from the University of Tennessee and committed to Texas for the huge opportunity to play for and learn from Coach Mike White,” White said. “I am so excited to play with the best. It doesn’t get any better than Coach Spencer, Coach Singleton, and Coach White.”

Ryleigh White is a 6’1” right-handed pitcher and she has been a machine for the Blue Eagles at Immaculate Heart Academy. She hit over .400 in each of her first three seasons, for a total of 93 RBI’s in just 100 hits with 29 home runs. Those numbers are all outstanding, but she’s known mainly as an ace on the mound.

In her high school career, she has an earned run average under 1. During her junior season, she went an incredible 20-2 with an ERA of 0.67 and 277 strikeouts. She allowed just 40 hits in 136 innings pitched.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

Based on that quick video Washington is a power hitter and will do wonders in the lineup with a little coaching from Singleton

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

Found this video of Ryleigh White from a game she had last week. She doesn't start but comes in the game as a relief at 1:00:50 :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Adding another member to the 2020 recruiting class. I wonder if there will be enough playing time to keep every one happy? Plays SS. Brings some great numbers at the plate but not against D-1pitching.

13. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

I wish I knew how the softball "machinery" works. As a pure fan, I wonder:
    1) How does Mike White and his staff know what type of player she is?
    2) Did they pore over 4 years of tape of her at TLU? (doubtful)
    3) Is she a pure practice player?
    4) Did she contact the coaches and say, "I'll pay my own way. I'll even shag balls. I just want to experience this level of softball"?

Not to besmirch her play, but out of the blue players like this, makes we wish I knew what went into this transaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

Based on the article that was provided she is very fast and went 31-31 in stolen bases so it seems like she will be more of a tuesday dermargosian type player who is mainly used for a base runner. I don't expect her to get any significant playing time at short stop but she is very fast so it was a good move.

15. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 25+ Posts

If she is good defensively I could see her getting some time at short. With Miranda Elish pitching you could DP for her and let Miranda hit for herself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 25+ Posts

Based on the recruits I'm seeing us get I can tell we have a type. We go after true athletes, also most seems to have a different kind of competitive spirit that lacked from previous teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1