2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. LutherIsMyDog

Deja with Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters.

• Like Like x 8
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A name we’ve heard before (Kamaria) and a new one.

Herrera is a PG (listed at 5’ 4”) from San Antonio - Brandeis. We all know her uncle.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice! More people to watch for at the Elite Camp. Looks like Texas is paying more attention to SA.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 5
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 5
  8. LutherIsMyDog

Celeste Taylor's dad giving kudos to Deja Kelley. Bonds are forming between future teammates.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  10. LutherIsMyDog

Elauna Eaton--a name not mentioned often on HF's. Elauna is a guard from Arkansas that we offered early. IMO, Texas will be in her list of finalists, whenever she trims her list of favorites.

• Like Like x 4
  11. LutherIsMyDog

Deja Kelly, Hannah Gusters and Sarah Andrews.

• Like Like x 5
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Six more practices to impress!
    Best of luck to all 18 finalists.
    The day of reckoning is Wednesday evening.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looking at the roster of finalists,
    one center (6-5 River Baldwin), 7 forwards ( with two at 6-4 and one at 6-5 (Hannah Gusters) and ten guards (with four between 6-0 and 6-2 and three at 5-11).

That's going to be some tall squad, whoever makes the team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I like this tweet!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  17. LutherIsMyDog

I'm always impressed when athletes continue to train in the off-season. Here's Harmoni Turner working out in the heat of the summer.

• Like Like x 4
  18. LutherIsMyDog

Great video clip of Sarah Andrews. She has all the qualities and skills of an elite point guard.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I really like Andrews game. In a winter scouting report in February on a playoff game, I incorrectly mentioned how the lefty always went that way and needed to work on her right hand. I was embarrassed when someone closer to her game mentioned that she was right handed. Interesting to review the video of her in which most plays were of her using her left-hand! She is obviously very confident in her left hand.......making her a real tough guard. Several VERY good point guards in this class ......take your pick who you would most like. Would love to watch Andrews in burnt orange for four years.

• Like Like x 3
  20. LutherIsMyDog

Can I put in an early request for you to watch Harmoni Turner next season? I would love to get your thoughts on her in action.

I covet Sara Andrews. She's a player I would not like having to face on an opposing team.

• Like Like x 2
  21. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Seeing Turner is on my list for the fall. I have wondered about her but so many people like her game, just have to go see for myself. If someone knows about an AAU tournament her team is playing in the Metroplex, I will go watch this summer. Seems like there is always one major one in Frisco. She is obviously someone we should be interested in.

• Like Like x 3
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Deja at Team USA Trials...

• Like Like x 3
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Hannah Gusters....

• Like Like x 4
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure if Zoe McCrary has been a name associated with Texas, but it kind of rings a bell.

• Like Like x 2
  25. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

27. LutherIsMyDog

Kylee Watson (2020 Forward from New Jersey) visited UCLA. @Oakman first told us about Watson in one of his basketball write-ups. She and Coach Aston follow each other on Twitter.

I believe Kylee has now taken trips to ND, South Carolina and UCLA.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I am a big fan of Kylee she will be one heck of a college player. I believe she also has interest some other pac12 schools so I expect her to take another visit or two while out in the west coast. I think South Carolina is high on her list and would be a good fit I have not heard much regarding Texas with her but would be wise to be recruiting her if I were on the staff. I also heard there is a very high interest from Hannah Gusters so interesting to see how the 20 class plays out a lot of good talent especially from the post position

• Like Like x 2
  29. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Oakman --- "very high interest from Hannah Gusters" --- in who? I wasn't certain on who you meant. Thx.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Oakman

Oakman Guest

My apologies Hannah has a very high interest in Texas

• Like Like x 5