2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

SkinsHoops86 could have chosen a better highlight. After all, there is a reason they call them highlights. Have not seen Jillian on any national lists yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I was thinking the same thing about the video clip. :e-face-tears:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Since 2019 is pretty much done, thought I would stick this bit of advice from Ariel here.

• Like Like x 3
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

In DMNews today, Duncanville got beat by one by a good South Grand Prarie team. Kelly had 13, Gusters 18, Angel Kelly 21. Sarah Andrews not back yet. Bishop Lynch and Rogers beat Irving MsArthur by 7. Would have been nice to see Rogers go heads up with Andrews. Gordon with 27. Jewel Spears with 20. I have lost interest in reporting results on players committed to other schools. I don’t know of any Texas offers other than Andrews/Gusters/Kelly in Metroplex. If anybody is interested in a specific player like Taylor Jones or others let me know.

• Like Like x 5
  5. LutherIsMyDog

Gordon seems to having a great season. Please keep sending info on her even though we don't know if Texas has offered. Also any info on Harmoni Turner would be appreciated too.

I enjoy your updates.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I know the feeling, I stop following players once they commit elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I need some help now. With Higgs coming back next year, what is our scholarship situation for 2019 and 2020 (especially). Does it change anything? With Higgs still here next year, I am not as concerned about guard play (not getting a freshman point guard) for 2019. But for sure, that makes a potential big class 2020...…...but it was going to be regardless. I was hopeful Aston would come up with a JUCO or international player this spring for next year. Higgs coming back probably kills that hope. I would do the math but don't have enough toes to get to 15.... nor brain cells. Retirement will do that for you. Some of you gainfully employed with active brain cells, jump into the fray. thanks

8. LutherIsMyDog

@Moooooo will have the answer to the scholarship numbers. He had it posted in one of the threads but I can't find it. Paging @Moooooo we need your assistance :e-thinking:

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

2019-2020 Season Scholarship Players:
    1. PG Sug Sutton (Senior)
    2. G Destiny Littleton (Junior)
    3. G Lashann Higgs (RS Senior)
    4. G Joanne Allen-Taylor (Sophomore)
    5. F Jada Underwood (Senior)
    6. F Shae Routt (Sophomore)
    7. C Sedona Prince (Sophomore - possible RS Freshman)
    8. F Joyner Holmes (Senior)
    9. G/W Audrey Warren (Sophomore)
    10. PF Charli Collier (Sophomore)
    11. G/W Celeste Taylor (Freshman)
    12. PF Ashlee Hannan (Freshman)
    Texas will have up to 7 available scholarships for the 2020 class and any incoming transfers. I'm sure the coaching staff will be following the transfer pool closely because, as of now, there will only be 1 senior (Destiny Littleton) on the roster for the 2020-2021 season and depth is crucial as we've already witnessed this season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. LutherIsMyDog

Good highlights of Caitlin Clark, another exceptional 2020 recruit that Texas has offered. Zoe Young is committed to Maryland. Clark's game reminds me of Jamie Carey.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

She has really good height (5-11) for a PG and is among the top PGs in the class of 2020, which has a lot of those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

It’d be nice to steal a good player from Iowa for a change, rather than the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I would be shocked, but very pleasantly, if we were one of Caitlin Clark's top schools. That is based simply on what I've read about how she is probably going to Notre Dame and is really oriented to the Midwest.

14. LutherIsMyDog

Harmoni Turner's season is off to a great start. She certainly has a high motor and is fun to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She’s the fastest player on the court with or without the ball - always a great quality for a PG. It’s got to be frustrating for a PG to make a tough pass for the easy layup and the player misses the bunny (2nd highlight). Sug would probably be in the Top 3 nationally in assists per game if not for 1-2 missed layup opportunities each game (she’s currently tied at 13th with 6.4, 3rd place Miyah Barnes is recording 7.4).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Glad she is enjoying the recruiting process. Hope she goes full circle and ends back up at Texas.

Met both Kara Lawson and Rebecca Lobo. Wonderful people.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I am liking Myra Gordon more and more . . .

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jordyn Merritt looking good:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Interesting . . .

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, people, for all those updates on the HS kids. It's great to read about possible recruits and how they are doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I have watched Gordon and Merritt and Andrews and any of the 3 would we welcome to the good guys. I have kinda backed off on reporting on Gordon and Merritt via box scores until there is some kinda indication of interest in the Horns. They are distinctly different players. Gordon is a very strong off-guard with a great handle and it is might near impossible to stop her penetration and strong finishes. Merritt is an excellent 3/4 wing that can shoot the 3 and other wonderful things. Andrews as a dynamic point guard and is a need. I haven’t seen Harmoni Turner in person but her videos put her in the same category as Andrews. The Christmas tournaments will give me an opportunity to see all 4. Andrews is still out based on box scores as of this last weekend. Hope she is back soon. Her Irving MacArthur team has been very competitive against most so they will be a threat when she gets back. Her coach Susie Oschlegel (spelling is a mess) just got her 800th win this weekend. Just wish I knew which of the 4 are interested in Horns.

• Like Like x 7
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea if Texas is recruiting her nor if she is interested in Texas but I really like her game. Hailey Van Lith, one of the top PGs in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  25. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Impressive!

Babhorn, she appears to be followed by Coach Karen and Jaime. And of course the uconn fans are all over this tweet.

• Like Like x 2
  26. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Catching up on a cold rainy Saturday. Sara Andrews was back on Tuesday night games. Friday night she had 18 in a 21 point win Irving McArthur game over Coppell. Her return will change the landscape some for Christmas tournaments and other. On Tuesday, Duncanville won by 3 points. Don’t remember exactly but both D Kelly and Gusters had in the high teens to lead. I am shocked that they have 3 losses and several other close wins. On Friday, Duncanville won by 20 over Richardson with Kelly having 14 and Gusters not playing. N Wilson led Duncanville with 19. Jewel Spear had 37 for The Colony in a 9 point loss to a good Allen team and Nyah Green. Don’t know if Spear is still on the Horns radar. Jordyn Oliver(Baylor) and Prosper had 20 in a 7 point loss to Rowlett. E Rogers(USC) had 50 in Bishop Lynch OT 9 point win over Southlake Carrol. No reported game for Plano and Merritt.That’s all folks.

• Like Like x 4
  27. LutherIsMyDog

39pt game for Harmoni Turner. I've noticed in several of her highlight clips that she has a knack for getting her own rebound and making the follow-up shot.

• Like Like x 4
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

My wish list for the 2020 class would be assuming that Sarah Andrews goes to Baylor Harmoni Turner, Deja Kelly, Deyona Gaston, and Jewel Spear.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  30. LutherIsMyDog

Great hire for Cy-Fair getting Cynthia Cooper on the team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2