2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

For your Wednesday morning coffee, the Metroplex game results from the DMNews. Myra Gordon with 21 in a 39 point win for LD Bell. Sarah Andrews with 28 in a 56-53 Irving McArthur win over a good Lewisville team. D Kelly with 17, N Wilson with 8, Gusters with a DNP in an 81 point win (45-0 after 1 quarter) win for Duncanville. J Merritt with 24 in a 58-38 Plano win over a good Allen team with N Green with 14. J Oliver with 18 in a 1 point OT win for Prosper over McKinney. Jewel Spear of The Colony with 21 in a 26 point win. T Jones (USC) with 10 in a 7 point Dallas Christian loss to Canton. Lots of district games that are non-competitive. Good games will pick-up in after Christmas tourneys. That’s All Folks.

• Like Like x 5
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Harmoni Turner was the Ft Worth Star Telegram player of the week.

In a 76-68 victory over Mansfield Summit, Turner registered 39 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Uhhh...

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gotta wonder why the midseason transfer. Definitely could be due to parents getting a new job that necessitated a move to the Irving Macarthur ISD.

5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

From DMNews Friday results.....Duncanville by 82 with Kelly with 17 and Wilson with 13. Irving McArthur by 48 with Andrews with 17 and no Gusters siting yet. T Broussard with 23 and don’t know much about her but routinely is a high scorer for the Cardinals. Will be interesting to see about Gusters eligibility as a mid-year transfer/playability is highly unusual. My guess is she won’t play the rest of this season. M Gordon with 27 for LD Bell. N Green with 27 for Allen in 25 point win. J Oliver with18 in a 8 point win. J Merritt with 22 in a 19 point win. Jewel Spear with 23 in a 4 point win. In a side note,...... Whitney Cox(yes....little sister) with 20 now that volleyball is over for Flower Mound. Cox is only 6’-1” so will play volleyball in college rather than follow sis into Baylor b-ball.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LutherIsMyDog

This Tweet makes sense now. I saw it yesterday and was confused.

7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Irving MacArthur is the same school that produced Odessey Sims and Alexis Jones... the coach is a Baylor alum. Could our Duncanville pipeline be in jeopardy? Aside from Zay Green and Tamika Catchings (and a few others) we USUALLY have our pick of Duncanville players.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I have said that I would be surprised if Sarah Andrews did not end up at Baylor but I recently heard that her interest in Texas is very real and that the Longhorns are a serious contender.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I’m pretty sure that they are. That doesn’t mean that she’s still not going to Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LutherIsMyDog

I'm skeptical if traditional pipelines still exist as I've quit considering Duncanville a pipeline to Texas. As much as folks think Baylor could be the favorite for Andrews, I'm not sure if Baylor is the best situation for Andrews if Juicy returns next year as the Baylor PG as she would have three more years of eligibility.

11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

You mean Alexis Morris?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. LutherIsMyDog

You are correct Kurupt. If Alexis Morris returns. I don't know why I get those two mixed up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

She was booted from the program for domestic violence. Does this imply that Mulkey would be willing to take her back?

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not that it should surprise anyone, but Morris was not dismissed from Baylor. She is still on scholarship, just not associated with the team. But, she tweeted a few weeks ago something that has led everyone to believe that she will be back on the team next year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

True. I haven't seen an announcement of her transferring anywhere. All violence against women is forgiven in Waco.

• Like Like x 2
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Tuesday evening results per DMNews.......Myra Gordon with 27 of team’s 68 in win. Sarah Andrews with 20 in a 51point win. T Broussard with 25 for Irving McArthur as I still don’t know if anybody is recruiting her but she seems to always put up big numbers. The Andrews Effect? H Turner with 30 in a 3 point win for Mansfield Legacy. J Spears with 20 in a 19 point win for The Colony. J Oliver with 12 in a 5 point win for Prosper. That’s All Folks.

• Like Like x 3
  17. LutherIsMyDog

Gotta like the Twitter exchange from Sarah Andrews to Celeste Taylor

• Like Like x 3
  18. LutherIsMyDog

Harmoni Turner highlights.

Although Mansfiield Legacy lost the game, I place a high value on players who don't concede defeat and take the team on their shoulders to try to win the game. She has Lashann's quickness and shows high motor effort on defense and offense. Although she may play a little out of control at times, she sure is fun to watch.

Additionally, Harmoni is a great student.

• Like Like x 4
  19. LutherIsMyDog

Myra Gordon having a great Junior season

• Like Like x 5
  20. LutherIsMyDog

This is a little strange. The commentary from the TV announcer describes Myra as the "UConn committ". She Tweets out that she is not committed anywhere. Is the broadcaster getting her confused with her sister or does Myra truly have an interest in UConn?

21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Confusion by the broadcaster is most likely. It would be truly odd should Myra go to UCONN after her sister transfers out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

More on Sydney Parrish. G/W from Hamilton Southeastern HS, Fishers, IN.

23. LutherIsMyDog

Harmoni Turner has a 42 point night.

• Like Like x 5
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wonder whose record she broke? It doesn't mention that. Van Lith breaks CHS three-pointer record | Cashmere Valley Record

25. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

More recent lists of finalists have Sydney Parish leaving Texas out of her top seven and Angel Reese including Texas among her top eight.
    2020 Class: Finalists Tracker

• Like Like x 3
  27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Latest ESPN ratings.....Reese 5, Andrews 6, Gusters 7, Merritt 15, Kelly 22, Gaston 41, Turner 56, Gordon 59. My person fair and biased thoughts are that Reese and Andrews rated about right. I think Kelly is too high. I think Turner and Gordon are WAY too low. Gusters and Merritt are a little too high. No opinion on Gaston. These opinions are based on from seeing 6 of these 8 play in person, watching highlight reels, reading box scores, thinking girls from all other states cant play, and other hocus pocus. I would be happy with the trifecta of Andrews or Turner, Reese, and Gusters. This gives a point guard, big wing, and post. I don't think Merritt or Kelly are real options any more. Have no idea about Gaston. Think Gordon joins big sis in Lubbock. Fun to look back and see if any of this comes true or is total hogwash. But it sure is fun on a Tuesday night with no B12 games on TV.

• Like Like x 3
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Mansfield Legacy with H Turner got absolutely pounded by Mansfied Timberview on Friday night. Turner had 22 but was held to single digits until late in fourth quarter with the lead in the 30's. Timberview has been for a few years now the real deal. Could be THE team to beat out of their regional and a favorite at state.

• Like Like x 2
  29. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Decision coming by late May from 6-5 Natalija Marshall:
    2020 Class: Recruiting News/Updates, January 2019

• Like Like x 2