2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Harmoni Turner (28 ppg) and Myra Gordon (27.1 ppg) top the FW Star Telegams' list of area HS Basketball leaders.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. LutherIsMyDog

Good article on Sarah Andrews and the difference she's made to her team since she's returned from an injury. The article also mentions that the decision on Hannah Gusters' eligibility to play this season has not been determined.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

From the article:
    They put off the decision long enough, they won't have to make one. Feb 11 is the start of the UIL playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The only recruit of consequence I saw at the Baylor game was Sahara Jones from San Antonio Veterans Memorial. She was there with her Mother. After the game Tiffany and Jamie came up in the stands and talked to her. Her body language was good and she seemed interested and engaged in the conversation. She is ranked #43 on the ESPN rankings and shows to be a 6' guard. She is every bit of 6'. Her HS team is currently 26-6 with a district record of 13-2. May hear more about her as the playoffs begin Feb 11 weekend.

• Like Like x 6
  5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  6. LutherIsMyDog

Harmoni's response

• Like Like x 5
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

When the Head Coach is at your game that means you’re a high priority. As I’ve said earlier this year Turner is more than likely the PG Texas will likely get. With Alexis Morris not returning for Baylor Sarah Andrews will probably end up there.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  8. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Yeah! I’m okay with that!

9. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Among those who study this and/or have seen them play, do you think Sarah Andrews is better than Harmoni Turner? She certainly is higher "ranked" and has more of a national reputation, but those things don't necessarily mean much, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Update on Caitlin Clark, 5-11 PG. From reading this blog, wonder if the Texas coaches looked at Madison Hayes, 6-0 G, East Hamilton HS (Ooltewah, TN). No mention of Texas in the 24 schools that have offered and six that are looking at her.
    2020 Class: Recruiting News/Updates, February 2019

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

In case anyone is interested in watching.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Update on Deja Kelly. Congrats on winning the district championship.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like we got our first 2020 commit!!
    Welcome, Shay! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 8
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Shay is outstanding!
    She's Ballin Extravaganza Part III | Prospects Nation
    Class of 2020 - TEXAS Recap

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

That's awesome! I've been keeping up with her for a while now. She has twin sisters that play at Texas State. I saw Shay and her parents at one of Texas' games about a month or so ago.
    Congratulations to Shay! :hookem2::hookem2:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

She scored 28 of the Chaps 40 points a few weeks ago, in an OT win against district rival and (also) playoff bound Lake Travis. Great get for the program. Congrats Shay!

• Like Like x 7
  17. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Love that the program is open to local talent too. Welcome Shay!

I’m not recalling her name. Has she been discussed in this thread previously? Guess I better do some homework.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have no insight into Andrews' preferences, but I don't necessarily agree with your logic.

Even though Morris is no longer at Baylor, she would have been a senior in 2020-21 just like Chaz Patterson would have been for us; so, that's now a wash.

Baylor signed highly-touted PG Honesty Scott-Grayson for 2018. With grad-transfer PG Chloe Jackson from LSU being one and done at Baylor this season, and no PG signed for 2019, the PG job next year appears to belong to Honesty. Not sure if Honesty is redshirting this season, but I haven't seen her play. The question is whether Honesty has what it takes to be the starting PG for the next 3 seasons which would only leave two years after that for Andrews to be the starting PG. Honesty definitely has the size to also play SG or W.

We did not sign a PG (unless you count Joanne) for 2018. We signed a surprise PG for 2019 in Isabel from Australia. But, Isabel has the size to play both guard spots. Not sure what her future/natural position will be in college.

Turner seems to have the size to play both guard spots; not sure her preference for her future position.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats and welcome, Shay! Sounds like she's had a childhood full of liking Texas.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Let's hope that Hannah Gusters' grandfather also having played football at Texas has a similar result for us:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If Shay has legit 6'0 height and can shoot well from beyond the arc, that is a much needed combination we could use:

• Like Like x 4
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

HSG is playing this season, primarily in blowouts. She has played in 15 of BU's 21 games, averaging just over 7 mpg and one assist per game. While Jackson is the primary PG, both Landrum and Richards have played at the PG this season, probably more than HSG has.

I don't really recall actually watching HSG play, though.

• Like Like x 2
  25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Shay was listed at 5-11 in the May 2018 USA U17 trials. Not surprising if she grew an inch since then.

26. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Of note in today’s DMNews, Gusters appeal to the UIL was denied. So she misses the playoffs for Irving McArthur. The Cardinals will be tough with Andrews. However, I don’t think they will get out of regionals. Next year with Gusters and Andrews they just might.

• Like Like x 1
  27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Per DMNews today, the top scorers in area are: 1. M Gordon @ 27.4, 2. H Turner @ 26.0, 3.E Rogers @24.7, 6. T Jones @23.6, 7. J Spear @ 23.4, 10. J Oliver @ 19.8, 14. J Merritt, 20. N Boyd @ 17.1, 37. D Kelley @ 16.0, 40. S Andrews @ 15.9.

• Like Like x 1
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Per DMNews today, top rebounders 1. T Jones @ 16.4, 11. J Merritt @ 10.5, 33. H Turner @ 8.4, 35. M Gordon @ 8.3,

• Like Like x 1
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Per DMNews today, top assists 3. S Andrews @ 7.3, 15. E Rogers @ 4.2, 21. H Turner @ 3.9, 28. J Oliver @ 3.6, 31. N Boyd @ 3.5, 37. M Gordon @ 3.2

30. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Top 3 point shooters, 3. J Spear @ 3.2, 6. E Rogers @ 2.7, 9. S Andrews @ 2.5, 17. H. Turner @ 2.3,

• Like Like x 1