2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I don’t think Terry Nooner will have much of an impact on her decision. As I stated in another post, Baylor makes too much sense. Whether it’s recent success on the court or connections off the court and need. She already knows where she wants to go.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Do you know if those were her only P5 offers? It’s a good thing that other folks that cover recruiting especially in the state of Texas know who these players are. But we’ll see about elite players “turning their backs” on Texas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I would not sleep on Sarah Andrews choosing Mississippi State. She just had her official visit there and stated how she had a Great time and it really opened her eyes! Vic Schaffer is one of the best recruiters and Coaches in the nation and a proven winner! The kids Love him and his staff. Agreed Mulkey is great at recruiting, has a history of getting all the great Irving MacArthur players and Gusters, Sarah’s teammate, has committed to Baylor. But Sarah seems like a player who wants to build her own legacy and that would not include going to Baylor! Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

What’s she supposed to say? The reality is that most recruits already know where they want to go before official visits in which it’s every schools job to make sure you have a good time.

• poop poop x 2
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I dont know she seems like the type of player who wants to make a name for herself & build a team instead of already going to a highly ranked school. Texas is honestly the best bet for her. Sug sutton is graduating so she can come in and start immediately so it just seems to me like Texas is the perfect place for her

• Like Like x 1
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Hey, I'm all for us getting the star player, but Baylor booted Honesty Scott-Grayson and they don't seem have a set future PG that's going to take the reigns and play the next 4 years. So that same logic (Sug leaving) applies even more towards Baylor.

Interesting thing though. I don't follow Baylor recruiting and I see (currently) they only have one recruit in the HoopGurlz 100 - Gusters. Surprised to see us having 2 and they currently sitting on 1...unless that 1 is....Andrews. Oh well. November will tell.

Personally, with what little I know about WBB recruiting, the fact that Karen is loading up with Johnson and Coleman, it may be her filling out the class with a miss on Andrews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oakman

Oakman Guest

From what I’ve been hearing Baylor is close to getting a commitment from a 2020 point guard from the west coast.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Most of us who follow recruiting have no inside information, so all we have to go on is what we read, what we read into comments/quotes from recruits, gut instinct and guesses, etc.

As for Sarah Andrews, when she first released her Top 12 list of schools, Miss. State was not among them. So, them making the Top 5 was a surprise to most. If she does select MSU, then they would have made up a lot of ground to beat out her other 4 finalists who were in her initial list. So, that's the only "logical" reason why I am not predicting MSU to be her choice come November.

Apparently, she is visiting Florida State this coming weekend; Louisville on October 17; and, Baylor on October 31.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Nice to see you back Oakman!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

@flash34

Here’s a scouting report I saw about Elyssa from WCGHoops:
    ...an athletic post who can run the floor. A tremendous shot blocker & rebounder, Coleman is long, defends the paint, provides superb rim protection. She is a very mobile frontcourt prospect that can defend lots of actions.

• Like Like x 6
  11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Interesting, if true and it is Van Lith. Which doesn’t necessarily mean that they still wouldn’t get Andrews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

You can also google her name and watch some of her hudl highlights from last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  14. Oakman

Oakman Guest

I’ve been back on the road but paying attention to what’s going on. I never like to put players names on things I hear for one it’s not my place then the other these things can change on the drop of a dime. I always make time to read threads on this page so to keep myself updated on everything Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  15. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

I always appreciate your comments!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Has anyone seen any highlights on ashlee hannan? I know she is already at Texas but I never seen her play before so just wondering if she is good enough to see playing time

17. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

We were talking about this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Looks like we have another Australian coming for a visit!

• Like Like x 6
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’ve seen her play on the junior Australian teams - aggressive scorer and defender at the wing. Played at COE with Issy and Ashlee.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Deja Kelly's final five is now Minnesota, Duke, UNC, Notre Dame and Texas A&M.

Notre Dame's staff had just visited her a week ago or so; she was supposed to make an official visit to ND this past weekend, but ended up going to UNC instead.

I recall her paying her own way taking visits to national powers like Oregon and Notre Dame during the Spring, I think.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

23. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Moooo, do you know why Texas fell out of favor with Deja?

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

No, I don't. Nor do I know who cut ties with whom.

I recall it became public knowledge that she transferred to Duncanville in the summer of 2018. Most felt that would be good for our chances with Hannah Gusters, as not only would they be summer ball teammates, but high school teammates.

Late that summer, she decommits from Texas. Her Mom states that Texas will still be under consideration. As far as I know, neither she nor Deja has posted or tweeted anything pro-Texas since then. And, she never visited Texas again when she used to come for every home football game and women's basketball game.

Once the 2018-19 high school basketball season started, we learn that Gusters is transferring to Irving MacArthur (Sarah Andrews' school) but is not given eligibility to play immediately. And, eventually we learn that Gusters' Mom provides text messages that there were some improprieties with Duncanville's Cathy Self-Morgan helping Deja's Mom get a job

Deja leaves the summer ball club where she had ben playing with Gusters and Andrews.

I guess we can all form our opinions as to what may have happened that led to Deja and Texas parting ways; but, we may never know for sure what actually happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sarah Andrews visited Florida State this weekend:

26. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

Hearing DeYona’ Gaston is committing to Mississippi State today...

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

If so great pickup for them and Texas is still looking for an impactful PF.

28. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

DeYona’ Gaston selects Mississippi State over Texas, Florida State, and Kansas. Seemed unlikely we would land her since we already have some PFs in 2020.

29. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It feels great to have made Agnes Emma-Nnopu's top four. It sounds like she has unlimited potential. Would be great to get an Australia-Texas pipeline going.

• Like Like x 3
  30. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

And she’s on campus as I type!

• Like Like x 7