2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 6
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Nice way to start her senior season - career high in points and then signing day.

• Like Like x 5
  3. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone know if Ashley will sign today as well?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Yes her signing is happening as we speak she posted on her Instagram she was signing today at 1

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

A lot has been said about this class. They’re now in a position to show and prove.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jacob Johnson

Yes I have seen many heights listed for her as well but based on what I saw from the video of her signing day she looks to be about 6'4 - 6"5

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The official from Ashley.

• Like Like x 3
  11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Lots of DMNews stuff on signings today. No new stuff. Other than D Kelly will sign Monday with one of five teams(none of them Texas).

12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Deja signs with Texas Tech

13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

EDIT: Wait! I do not think that tweet is about Deja’s signing.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Early reports of rankings of WBB signings are as follows for top 10: Oregon, UConn, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Stanford, California, Baylor, Iowa State, Ole Miss and Kentucky. Texas is at number 13. Nor sure about their algorithm but sheer number of signees elevates somewhat. Texas with 4 must have got a bump due to that. TCU signed 6.

• Like Like x 1
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

This is sorta amazing:

No signings for Florida State and South Carolina?

I wonder if they're waiting on (potential) transfers?

• Like Like x 1
  16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

At the pre-game club for the UTSA game, George Washington made the usual visit to the fans and took questions. Someone asked about Precious Johnson and George was giddy with her prospects. He then said the equivalent of, "We've learned our lesson in recruiting and no longer worry about getting the recruiting stars but the players who best fit our system and culture." There seems to be that subtle trend in everything this year. Think of their phrase for this year: #AllForTexas

I guess seeing all the entrances into the Transfer Portal has made them realize that spending all that energy trying to convince Top-25 recruits to stay is pointless.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I don’t have any problem with that philosophy but most kids are ranked in the top 25 due to athleticism. So if you’re going to recruit less top 25 players the coaching has to be on par.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just some 2020 house cleaning...Van Lith to Louisville.

19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Wondering if that was independent of....or contingent on Sarah Andrews' decision to go to Baylor?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  21. Jacob Johnson

This is probably nothing but paige bueckers is in Austin this weekend for the texas vs arizona game. Could be just to see celeste taylor but who knows. Just thought I'd put it out into the universe

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

That seems odd about Bueckers coming for this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Bueckers definitely signed with UCONN so I’d guess she’s just visiting friends or family in the area and the game gives her an opportunity to see Celeste play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Jacob Johnson

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I was just putting it out there

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Tough to say.

I never thought they'd both go to the same school; but, stranger things have happened.

Louisville seems to have a lot of guards on its roster, but that didn't deter HVL. No questioning Waltz's success as a top-notch recruiter.

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

While I agree somewhat that they shouldn't worry about "getting the recruiting stars", they still need to recruit the best players (skill-wise) who have an interest in Texas, show great work ethic, have a positive attitude, and yes, fit the program in all ways.

Unfortunately, you just can't evaluate a lot of those intangibles until they are in your program day in and day out. Then, it's basically too late; the mistake was made and it's not an easy recovery. The coaches' evaluation of players during high schools years has to be on target more often than not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

USAToday released their Top 25 HS team rankings and Ashley’s squad checked in at #6.

• Like Like x 3
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to the DMNews today, no mention of Paige Bradley(Texas 2021 commit) in the Bishop Lynch box score from last night's game. Perhaps she is hurt as in the last game, she scored 6 points. In early season games she has been in about a 10-12 point per game average. Typically, third or fourth on scoring on a pretty good BL team. Also last night, the game between Duncanville and Irving McArthur must have been pretty good for a half. Then Duncanville went off and won by about 20. Kelly had 27 for Duncanville and Andrews had 20 for Irving McArthur. Again no Gusters in box score for Irving Mc. My guess is she is hurt as she has yet to appear in a box score this year. There is nothing else that interests me in the girls scores other than the above since Texas is apparently not active with any DFW players that I am aware of.

30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

If I'm not mistaken, Gusters does not become eligible until several games into the season... can't remember the exact date.