2020 Senate & House

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, May 5, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I hate it, but it is a circumstance beyond my control

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Considering the $ she spent and the complete Trump support she professed Walls loss is not a good Sign.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, she comes across a little like a coattailer.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well the coattails did not work and that could be troublesome.

5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I live in the district and voted for Nehls. Walls is a carpetbagger who lives near the Galleria, bought a house in Spring 2 years ago and ran in that district, bought a house in Sugarland this year and ran here. She claimed Trump support but deleted statements from Website. She ran without any apparent interest in Fort Bend or Brazoria county issues. The overwhelming majority of her $8 million in ads were untrue attacks on Nehls. She had some ads on illegal immigration but was cloudy on what she would do to limit it. And, most importantly, she is aggy. Good riddance!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She didn't lose because of that. She lost because she's a carpetbagger trying to buy an election. People don't like when candidates "district shop" - move around the area running in multiple districts. They especially don't like it when it's rich people buying a bunch of ads rather than doing the hard work of learning the district.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for the education. Shows my lack of homework.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Austin, Texas, Just Voted to End the Drug War

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I see her as another victim of the professional political consulting sharks

And her weird voice didnt help -- sort of Betty Boop meets Olive Oyl -- what the hell is that all about?

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

" “We know that 60-percent of all people arrested and charged with drug possession through traffic stops are people of color,” he told reporters. “So, it is time to end the war on drugs in this community to begin to unwind the racial disparities in our criminal justice system.”

So dudes get stopped with drugs on them and that is racial disparity? Were all the cops white?

11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

So that must mean that 40% of all people arrested and charged with drug possession through traffic stops are not "people of color." Do they get a free pass, also?

• Like Like x 1
  12. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

In this era of victimhood, that is a charitable explanation for a horrible failed campaign. I know she spent over $8 million on this campaign plus the cost of buying, holding, and soon selling a moderately expensive house. I'm not sure how much she spent on the previous campaign, but she ran a lot of ads there also. I guess she must be loaded and won't miss the millions she pissed away.

Her voice is ridiculous. I describe it as a whiney brat voice. "You never buy me candy! Waaaaaaaa!"

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They basically stole from her, convincing her she could win. Twice. But she let it happen. Meanwhile the sharks are on to the next sucker.
    I knew some of these guys while I was in Austin -- they are really something to see in action

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

R.I.P., Austin, Texas

Never thought I'd see it, but it's been coming for 25 years or more

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think Betty Boop was Olive Oyl.

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like the Travis County fellow represents the thoughts of a huge majority of the residents for a long time. Hanging drug convictions on people for small amounts of drugs is cruel and stupid.

17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Since possession of drugs is against the law, the way to avoid getting a drug conviction is pretty simple - don't possess drugs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Might have been wiser to take $1M of the $8M in ad buys for a voice coach

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think we should stop the War on Drugs and try something else. It focuses too much on supply. The problem is the demand. We need a healthier culture with more meaningful relationships, stronger families, better sense of morality, and obvious economic opportunity.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I missed you guys. I was on vacation for a week or so. The mountains are nice this time of year. After having back to back Heisman winners and nabbing the top QB and one of the top WR's in the country, I'm thinking it will rank up there with "hanging out with" Kate Upton.

• poop poop x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yeah, I don't think so, Barry.

[​IMG]

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Texas is the single biggest target for the left in 2020"

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's a crock. If that's the case then the thing is done. That means that Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Penn, Ohio, and Georgia have fallen. Texas may have more electoral votes but they are less in play than all of those other "swingy" states.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Ted sure showed little backbone based upon how the President referred to his wife and father.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He is referring to the big picture. Texas falls so does the entire US. You and your people are going to destroy it all.

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

FIFY

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol

You guys are going to burn it down
    Then blame us
    It's how you roll

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Who wouldn't want to motorboat those bad boys?

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She is a marvel if nature, and Justin Verlander is a lucky man. On the flip side, she also banged P. Diddy. Do you wanna go where Diddy's diddy has been? That's pretty nasty.

Of course, she's as clean as a nun compared to Carmen Electra who got with Prince, Dennis Rodman, Tommy Lee, and Dave Navarro. She might be the filthiest woman alive. Each one of them is like getting with about 5,000 regular guys.

• Like Like x 1