2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

A Penn State transfer getting a waiver to play immediately at Seton Hall. Please let Lauren Ebo get the same fate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'll rant one more time. Why don't they just say, "ALL TRANSFERS WILL RECEIVE IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY?"
    I mean if this season does not count towards eligibility, what difference does it make? It doesn't count anyway! Geez this is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Yes and it's especially frustrating because the season is 6 days away! Coaches already have enough to worry about in this wierd season and they are just adding unnecessary stress to the equation. Vic now has to limit how much effort he puts into Ebo right now because he doesn't know if she will be playing this season. Just give everyone a waiver and be done with it!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I cannot believe Gerlich already received her waiver approval when she barely transferred to Tech in August.

So, not sure when Ebo's waiver request was submitted. And, when Vic stated that they are "still fighting" to get her waiver approved, it makes me wonder if it was denied once already, and they submitted an appeal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jacob Johnson

First waiver denied. I hope this is not a sign that the last one's they are doing are going to be denied :confused2:

7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Again, this is such bull! How do you justify denying ANYONE when a waiver was granted to a high-profile player (Shakira Austin), who stated her reason for transferring from Maryland to Ole Miss was because she didn't agree with the way Brenda Frese was utilizing her??? Also, why the hell is a waiver needed for ANYONE for a season that "doesn't count" against eligibility anyway? If anyone has a different perspective, I'd welcome being educated on it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Doesn’t look like it but fingers will remain crossed for Lauren until it’s official.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

I really have not kept up with the transfer portal or waivers the past couple of years. Can anyone with knowledge please tell me if they normally hold out transfer waivers after the season begins? Basically what I am asking is if there is a deadline for waivers to be addressed or can they carry this out for a while?

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I believe we have a 'ship for her in January if she decides to follow our staff to Texas:

• Like Like x 1
  11. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

But the tweet says she’s sitting out this season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jacob Johnson

Apparently the ncaa has about 24 more waivers left to account for. We should hear something very very soon on Ebo depending on how fast or slow they go for these remaining waivers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

FREE LAUREN !!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Right, I believe she had already chosen to opt out of the season a couple of months ago; but, now she's decided to grad-transfer once she earns her undergraduate degree at MSU. If that's occurring in January, she could still redshirt (just like everyone else is technically doing), and then wouldn't count against the 2021-22 scholarship limits. If she's not graduating until next May, that might change her situation as her scholarship might count against the 15-player limit.

Or, I'm completely confused about her situation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jacob Johnson

Yeah she did say she is leaving Mississippi state because they don't have an "OT school". So I'm assuming she has already completed her degree this semester and is looking to find a school to transfer to in January.

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on her Instagram, Espinoza-Hunter is graduating this semester. So, that makes things easier, IMO, as long as school currently has less than 15 scholarship players on its roster.

Ketara Chapel did congratulate her on IG on her graduation, but they've obviously known each other a few years while they were both at MSU.

• Like Like x 1
  17. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

No one has said it out loud, but why not Texas? We've got 3 unfilled scholarships that can be used in January right? We need bodies to play this 100% defense of Vic's. But, was she any good at UConn or MSU?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Do you get recruited at UCONN if you aren't any good?
    Would Vic have picked her up at MSU if she wasn't any good?

I don't know her stats, but two elite coaching staffs have seen enough to offer scholarships.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely agreed. She knows the system taught by this staff, and we could definitely use the experience and outside shooting.
    Andra Espinoza-Hunter - Women's Basketball - Mississippi State

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  20. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Whoa, chill. Just askin'

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

Lol I said the same thing. She is an elite 3 point shooter and can really spread the floor against the zone. I don't believe Texas has an OT school so I don't think she will be considering us.

22. Jacob Johnson

I knew it was a Longshot

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Most grad-transfers are looking for sure thing as a starter. Or, perhaps she just wanted to be closer to home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jacob Johnson

Is the ncaa committee still on Thanksgiving break!!! No reason whatsoever for it to take this long to hear something. There were 24 players left with waivers so that should have easily been done within 2-3 days. The suspense is making me stressful and I'm not the coach so I can't even imagine how Vic feels:brickwall:

• Like Like x 1
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I don’t think anybody really knows the process. Lots of coaches appear scared to criticize as that just may guarantee “declined eligibility”. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of the criteria....and now it is ever changing. Just observing over the years, it appears every case is slightly different and just because you were first in line, doesn’t mean your case is settled first. It is possible Egbo is approved in the first half dozen games....or after Jan 1, or once conference starts, or when the moon turns to cheese.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Jacob Johnson

They should have done this two months ago. Hopefully Vic hears something by the end of the week and its good news so we won't have to worry about this but if it so happens that she gets denied then this rule would be lovely and she gets on the court soon. In summary Hopefully we get to see Ebo on the court by Sunday or sometime in the next two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking that Ebo's paperwork landed on one person in that particular department that had a burr up their saddle about the concept of instant eligibility. I mean they're going to vote on one-year free transfers next Spring. The writing was on the wall, but one stubborn person wasn't going to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I was going to add a gif to express my reaction to this but couldn’t find any with clean language that did the job.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Jacob Johnson

Wow! The ncaa is an absolute joke. So your telling me out of all these waivers, Ebo & two walk ons don't deserve to play??? This is ridiculous & some people need to lose their job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Well, I'll say it... that's PURE ********!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3