2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to see Kyra has such a positive attitude. I think her leadership and maturity will be invaluable to her younger teammates.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats to Kyra!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Destiny slocum is headed to Arkansas. Based off her Instagram I don't know if it was an edit made to lure her or it was her commitment but it said "welcome Destiny Slocum"

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor will have to look elsewhere if they want another grad-transfer PG:

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Guessing they are just guessing:

• Like Like x 2
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm hoping for Jaden Owens.... maybe Alexis Morris.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

The coaching staff would probably have to decide between one of those players or a player in the 21 class at the PG position.

• Like Like x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

What's the story on Morris though? Legal issues in Waco? And then....behavioral issues at Rutgers?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

When it comes to Alexis Morris...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Morris is more trouble than she’s worth; Owens is the younger, better choice if we go the transfer route. If not, Harmon and Hunter 2021.

Either way, we do not need Alexis Morris. I’m sure Vic realizes this and has his sights set elsewhere. Maybe she’s his last option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jacob Johnson

I remember when Morris first got removed from Baylor and said something on Twitter thanking Kim Mulkey and the fans and apologized to them and all that and a Texas fan put "come to texas" and she said that she would never come to Texas because she would never "betray" Baylor or Kim Mulkey and Texas would never be an option. I don't know if that has changed because she is at her last resort and she might want to hop on the Vic bandwagon but I don't expect her to come to Texas anyways. I would pick Owens over Morris anyways.

13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Owens is the one I'm really hoping for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jacob Johnson

Zaay green?

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Late comer to the portal, Pflugerville PF London Clarkson is leaving FSU.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Forgot all about her. She had tweeted back during the recruiting process that she had also been offered by Arizona State, A&M, LSU, and Mississippi State . . .

• Like Like x 1
  17. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Seems to be followed by Vic and Elena.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jaden Owens has chosen to transfer to Baylor.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  19. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Thanks for the update @Moooooo .... I'm really surprised at this with Andrews already there... Oh well, on to the next phase for us....

20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

She can also play off the ball, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they both are playing in the backcourt at the same time.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Exactly what I was thinking. But, Baylor does need more guards, especially another who can play the point. Even though both would potentially be sophomores in 2021-22, you let the competition in the gym decide playing time.

What it could do is have an effect on the 2021 in-state point guards (Hunter and Harmon) when it comes to playing time at Baylor at the point for their first 2-3 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

When you look at the Point Guard position for us now and in the immediate future, here is what we have:

RS-Sr., Kyra Lambert - natural PG; favorite to win starting job this season; needs to say healthy

Jr., Joanne Allen-Taylor - looked more comfortable on the court her sophomore season than her freshman season; not sure she is a natural PG; probably more of a combo-guard. Her shooting really improved in year two; hope that continues.

Soph. , Isabel Palmer - Don't think she got a lot of time on the court this past season to run the point. Like Joanne, not sure she is a natural PG. But, she does bring perimeter scoring to the table.

Frosh., Ashley Chevalier - Looks like a natural PG to me. Once Schaefer and staff get to see her in practice (or film from high school), and in games, they'll know more of her skills and ability to run the offense in the future.

So, lots of unknowns for 2021-22. If we don't take another PG during this offseason, then I would think a PG like Kyndall Hunter or Rori Harmon becomes a priority for the 2021 class. Of course, the transfer market a year from now could also be a way to secure an experienced PG to add to the roster.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Did not see Owens going to Baylor...they still have Jordyn Oliver as a two guard who was VERY GOOD in HS and an All-American. She didn't get a lot of time as a freshman, but it should be interesting to see who gets the minutes in their backcourt once all are eligible. I kind of thought we might get Owens, but what do I know? @Moooooo makes some very good observations regarding next recruiting classes and possibilities with this year's roster as well as possible future transfers.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Zaay Green has chosen to transfer to Texas A&M. That's actually where I thought she'd sign out of high school before committing to Kansas, decommitting from Kansas, and then signing with Tennessee.

• Like Like x 2
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The NCAA group for approving/granting exemptions for immediate eligibility is meeting Friday to take a vote granting one-time transfer exemptions. If that passes, then next month it will go to a bigger vote to the rest of the NCAA. Word is that the group is going to vote yes, because they're the ones who brought this subject up. And then I guess the NCAA body will see how much pushback coaches will give to this potential game-changing idea before voting. Already, men's coaches are howling.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Jacob Johnson

Anyone have any ideas on who Vic might give that last scholarship to if he does decide to use it? Now that Zaay green has went to A&M the only players left are Kirsten Bell from Ohio State and Dijonai Carrington from Stanford. There are obviously more names left in the portal but those two stand out the most to me. Hopefully it's Carrington since she is a grad transfer that would give her immediate eligibility then we would get the scholarship back in time for some 2021 players.

27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking Zay Green would go to Baylor, until they got Jaden Owens. I'm not all that surprised that she chose A&M, seeing as her high school teammate Ciera Johnson is there.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Very, very thorough analysis, Moo... Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

30. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

I would add Destiny Pitts, Taylor Mikesell, and Alexis Morris as 3 big names.

Morris obviously has some baggage, and Pitts is a question mark with the circumstances of her departure.

• Agree Agree x 2