2021-2 Home Out of Conference Games

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by sbmcruise, Oct 6, 2021.

1. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

I did not see a single 2020-21 top 25 Out of Conference team we will play at home. I do see that Tennessee is ranked in the pre-season and will be especially fun with Rick Barnes's return to Texas. We are playing quality teams on the road, just not at home.

Was this schedule done before Chris Beard came to Texas?

I'm excited having Chris Beard here along with our existing players and Beard's transfer in players, but the OOC schedule seems SO disappointing.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I bet most of the schedule was already in place before Beard was on board, but basketball scheduling is kind of a double-edged sword.

Barnes and Dodds were great at maintaining that balance between "poor" squads and elite opponents. It seems that since Shaka arrived, we kept shifting more towards the "poor" squads and less towards the basketball bluebloods.

We used to have home-and-homes with Michigan State or Arizona, but seeing how Gonzaga is going to be our big nonconference opponent, I don't mind throwing a bunch of sacrificial lambs in there.

We should be 11-1 going into the conference slate, which will make us look good for the rankings, but for the first time in a while, I don't think we'll need to prove much with this lineup. I think the games will kind of take care of themselves.