2021-2022 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Apr 3, 2021.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. That said, I think it perhaps speaks to the abilities/upside potential of Femme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I think Coach DD played her college ball at Oklahoma and not for Schafer at Miss. State. Perhaps I misread your comment?

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I believe he meant Dom Dillingham.

4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The tweet of Precious’s commitment seems to have been deleted? Something strange in the neighborhood ?

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She reposted a different one later.

• Like Like x 4
  6. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

This is great news. I have several family members with Auburn degrees. Hope Precious has a great experience.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  8. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

They've added an Orange White scrimmage.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I believe the important part of this story is that the first and second rounds will be predetermined instead of the top 16 teams hosting rounds 1&2. That is a terrible idea imo. It only gives an advantage to teams who won't really need it. I can't complain too much because Texas is on the rise and will be competing for a top 4 seed in the foreseeable future but even if Texas were one of those top 4 seeds I still don't like the idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I don't think you're reading this correctly. When they say "opening-round games" they don't mean the traditional first and second round games. They mean the 2 play-in games for the teams seeded 65-68. At least that's how I'm reading it. They will still have 16 teams hosting the round of 64 & 32.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I believe Tempest is correct. I believe it applies to only the 4 play in games. I found this on the NCAA site.
    Under the proposed 68-team format for 2022, the opening-round games of the women’s tournament would take place at four of those top 16 seeds’ sites. It could change to a neutral site going forward starting in 2023 — similar to what the men do.

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, if there are four additional teams in the bracket, sounds like it would be a combination of the #16 seeds (auto-qualifiers) or the "last four in" that would play in those Round 0 play-in games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I think that's how it's done on the men's side... not 100 percent sure though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jacob Johnson

Now that I'm reading it back, I think they are talking about the play in rounds as well. Thank you for correcting me because I was really upset over that decision :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Usually it’s two AQ 16 seeds. And then two of the last four in 12 seeds or something.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Checks out…:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I love Ashley Chevalier! She is all heart and hustle, and it appears a Coach on the floor!!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

She's a proven product, and I hope she starts over the newcomers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I hope the best player at each position, in the context of what's best for the team, starts.

• Agree Agree x 10
  20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ashley was awfully good coming off the bench as an energy player.

• Agree Agree x 8
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't see it happening any other way with Vic.

• Agree Agree x 8
  22. Jacob Johnson

I'm very excited!!! I really do hope the Scrimmage will be shown on LHN. You can just see the excitement Vic has when he talks about this team. Last year he praised his team but you can tell it was growing pains due to covid and limited practice. Now when he talks it's much more excitement and smiles. He really loves our freshman class as would anyone and I believe Joanne Allen-Taylor along with Audrey are the perfect two to lead this young team to another successful season.

• Like Like x 5
  23. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Matharu in a boot, hope it's nothing serious.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

JoAnne & Audrey reping Texas at media day in KC on October 19! Let’s get this started!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 2
  26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Interesting. Amsal didn't say this, nor did s/he imply this, but it was interesting that s/he highlighted only 5 players. And I don't know if Amsal knows a hoot about basketball, but this wouldn't be a bad starting line up. I'm not making any predictions just yet, I'll wait 'til these eyes see them on the court Sunday.

Just sayin'.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  27. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Jacob Johnson

Texas starts the year ranked #25. I'm genuinely curious as to how Iowa state is preseason #12. They didn't add any big names to their roster in the off season. Not too mad about our ranking even though we are definitely overlooked I think its a good place to start. Not too many expectations being put on us to start the season but at the same time you have to think some of the players will take it personally that they are being overlooked which is a good thing

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Nothing but first class for this group!

• Like Like x 4
  30. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Joens. That’s why.

But yeah, I get what you’re saying.