2021-2022 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Anyone know about a scrimmage our team is having today?? Based on instagram stories from our players, The team took a charter bus somewhere and looked to be in pregame attire and had bags. Most likely carrying game gear
    :e-eyes:

2. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Except for those of us who occasionally attend practice, JJ, you seem to know more than most about internal team matters. So, pump those contacts and share! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Pre-COVID there were those closed scrimmages that getting any information about what occurred required Mission Impossible level spycraft but they were usually against competitive teams. I can’t really think of a non conference opponent close enough to bus to for that. University of Houston? SFA?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I remember! :)

Was it fall of 2018 or 2019 when you painstakingly tried to determine who we scrimmaged by following social media of Pac12 players? (Somehow, I forget how, you concluded it was a west coast team.)

We finally learned that it was a very good UCLA team that we beat handily.
    Karen's team down the road? Too soon...too painful?

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  5. Jacob Johnson

So it seems Texas is having one of those closed scrimmages today but I have no idea who its against

• Like Like x 1
  6. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Do y'all think this is in reference to the scrimmage yesterday? It was posted today.

• Like Like x 6
  7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I would assume it’s in reference to yesterday’s scrimmage.

Does the “#Repin4OurState” mean we scrimmaged an out of state team? Maybe we met them at a halfway point? A team from Louisiana or Oklahoma possibly?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I did a search on twitter for the #repin4ourstate. Seems like Vic has used it in multiple tweets since August.

Saw some tweets from 2018 and 2019 where it was used in tweets about Miss. State, including a few by Vic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Thanks! Good info.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well done Rori! What a great spokesperson for the university and Austin!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

Duuuuude!! I thought the same! I watched it a few times! She’s going to be a first rounder. I’m praying to the old gods and new the entire team stays healthy, so can truly see the lady horns flourish and develop like we know they’re capable of when this new staff!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

The maturity and composure seems way more advanced than that of a typical freshman... very impressive! Hopefully that's a sign of what we'll be seeing out of her on the hardwood.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Wait for it! Wait for it! Shay Holle, Boom, what a close!!!! :beertoast:

• Like Like x 5
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

aggy beat Oklahoma Baptist last night 89-38. The starting 5 for OBU were:
    • 5' 7" G Mallory Lockhart - 27 minutes, 5 points (1/12, 1/8 from 3, 2/2 FT), 2 rebounds
    • 5' 10" G Kalifa Ford - 17 minutes, 5 points (1/12, 1/8 from 3, 2/2 FT), 5 rebounds
    • 5' 5" G Jaylin Stapleton - 24 minutes, 2 points (0/8, 0/4 from 3, 2/2 FT), 6 rebounds
    • 5' 11" G Madison Chambers - 15 minutes, 2 points (0/3, 0/1 from 3, 2/2 FT), 2 rebounds
    • 6' 1" F Andreja Peciuraite - 22 minutes, 5 points (1/4, 3/4 FT), 5 rebounds
    All 14 players saw the floor but only 3 other players recorded 15 or more minutes. OBU shot 10/56 from the floor (2/19 from 3) and had 24 trips to the FT line, making 16. The Bison were -21 on the boards and had 19 turnovers.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I am so ready to see the young newcomers in action! I am hoping for a boatload of naturals!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  16. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Is #3 the heir-apparent as future face of WBB?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Thanks. These stats will serve as excellent benchmarks to gauge our performance tonight. Of course, OB will be hampered by playing back-to-back.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Hope so!:fire:

19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm excited it's about to start. I wish I lived close enough to attend the exhibition tonight. It may be tough to get a W in he first real matchup of the season, but I think Texas can pull it off. This team seems focused. OBU looks like have a guard heavy line up so they're probably fast, but I think we can outrebound them. Just need to hit our shots. Plus, if the game goes into OT and there's a lot of fouls I think our depth will be the difference.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

lol I like that you’re giving OBU credit but this game won’t go anywhere close to overtime. If Texas doesn’t win this game by 40+ then we still have a lot to work on. Our bigs should do real damage tonight scoring and on the boards.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

Really like the conditioned part! Texas needs to really set the tone tonight and get everyone excited about the team like the mens team did Monday. Don’t get me wrong, I’m as excited as ever for the season but tonight needs to let EVERYONE know that these are the games to be at

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I don’t think any of us had this Starting 5…

• Like Like x 3
  24. Jacob Johnson

Exactly what I love so much about this team. We can matchup with anyone and go small or big.

• Like Like x 2
  25. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Is it just me or does Chevalier look like she's packed on the pounds? Downright chunky.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  26. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Commentator says the team played UCLA on Sunday

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I like all the newcomers but Matharu is easily.my favorite so far.

• Like Like x 4
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She’s got some lightning quick hands but for me, Lattimore…her speed and length were not exaggerated.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  29. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I'm liking Lattimore, even with the brace. I wanted Ebo to be ready this year, but I'm not seeing it. Where is Gaston? I think we'll need a committee down low. At guard, we are solid. Ashley is good like I thought, but I have to say Rori is more ready than I expected. Granted, not the competition that we will face later.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I won't try to argue against anybody"s preferences. All of them are exciting to watch.

• Like Like x 4