2021-2022 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Apr 3, 2021.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

He certainly handled that well. :clap:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Z.Green transfer from Tenn. 19 points and 21 rebounds for Arkansas Pine Bluffs against Jackson State

4. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Polls are out today. Texas #6 ahead of Baylor. That's almost as good as winning the tournament title. Dang, I thought I was happy yesterday! :hookem3::lol:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yes!
    Texas #6
    Baylor #7
    ISU #10
    OU #22

• Like Like x 6
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Life is good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

New walking shoes put smiles on faces (including Kobe).

• Like Like x 6
  8. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Pretty cool! And Kobe was in the video.

9. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Honorable mention, my ***.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

That's okay... there will come a day when they won't be able to leave us out. In fact, one day we just might see burnt orange represented by two or three different players simultaneously. We're going to be THAT good if everyone sticks together.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats to Rori!

Nalyssa Smith on the First Team. Ashley Joens and Ayoka Lee on the Second Team.

Rori and Taylor Robertson are the only Big 12 players on the HM team. None of the other 6 Big 12 First teamers voted ahead of Rori on the HM team; no Donarski or Ryan from ISU; no Madi Williams from OU; not Jordyn Lewis from Baylor.

HONORABLE MENTION (alphabetical order)

Shakira Austin, Mississippi; Kiersten Bell, Florida Gulf Coast; Katie Benzan, Maryland; Grace Berger, Indiana; Paige Bueckers, UConn; Nia Clouden, Michigan State; Jennifer Coleman, Navy; Zia Cooke, South Carolina; Monika Czinano, Iowa; Jasmine Dickey, James Madison; Emily Engstler, Louisville; Dyaisha Fair, Buffalo; Shaylee Gonzales, BYU; Destanni Henderson, South Carolina; Rori Harmon, Texas; Jordan Horston, Tennessee; Abby Meyers, Princeton; Olivia Miles, Notre Dame; Ashley Owusu, Maryland; Cate Reese, Arizona; Taylor Robertson, Oklahoma; Jacy Sheldon, Ohio State; Christyn Williams, UConn; Macee Williams, IUPUI; Katelyn Young, Murray State.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Associated Press All-Americans
    First Team

Aliyah Boston*, South Carolina

Caitlin Clark*, Iowa

NaLyssa Smith*, Baylor

Naz Hillmon, Michigan

Haley Jones, Stanford

Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Second Team

Ayoka Lee, Kansas State

Ashley Joens, Iowa State

Aneesah Morrow, DePaul

Khayla Pointer, LSU

Elissa Cunane, NC State

Third Team

Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech

Maddy Siegrist, Villanova

Veronica Burton, Northwestern

Cameron Brink, Stanford

Angel Reese, Maryland

* Unanimous pick

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yep, I guess with Aneesha being named on the second team, she will be a lock for national freshman of the year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Just realized this is the first time in forever that UConn has not a single player on the 1-3 AA teams.

17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We'll get a chance to see Aneesha tonight... DePaul is in the play-in game on ESPNU.

18. Sangre Naranjada

And she had great individual stats while her team took an ***-kicking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Not sure the individual stats were all that "great" when you look at percentages and take into consideration how many times the Dayton defenders blocked her shot. Look, she's a really good young talent... but second-team AA is a joke IMO especially when you look at those on third-team and honorable mention with consideration given to the respective conferences in which they play.

As Vic has stated, if you look deeper than just stats the picture is much clearer. If I shoot 15-20 times per game in the paint then I should score a lot of points. Again, not taking anything away from the player but...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I watched the game and can’t say I was all that impressed but I admit it’s the only time I’ve watched her play and her team was abysmal last night (she was 9 of 25 and 17 rebounds for the game) shooting 27%.

I’d pick Rori first in a pickup game

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

But would Rori pick you? :smokin:
    :yes:

• Funny Funny x 6
  22. Sangre Naranjada

I freely admit to looking only at her post-game stat line, and I recognize the inherent weaknesses in so doing. Her numbers just jumped out compared to every other player on her team.

I do not mean to impute those numbers towards any post-season honors or comparisons to other players like Rori.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Thanks for the list Mooo and your observations. I am surprised Madi Williams is not an honorable mention.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

100% agree!

• Like Like x 2
  25. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Interesting that Kobe apparently was not at the tournament in KC with the team. I love her sideline antics. I wonder if there will be a redshirt request for her?

26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

That's my assumption, as she meets the qualifications.

27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m on record here that I believe Texas overachieved last season and my hope was the Elite Eight this year. The rest is gravy in my book. Won’t be long we’ll all expect Final Fours.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this team has what it takes to keep going and my bracket reflects that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  28. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I thought it would be interesting to review what these eyes saw in the team scrimmage in October compared to what we see today with another Elite Eight in the bag. Back then, none of us had seen any of the newcomers on a college court.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  29. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

This is more nuanced than I know. How does Kobe meet the redshirt qualifications?

30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I googled it a couple weeks ago... I don't remember this specifics but she fell just within the parameters from what I read.