2021 Austin Regional

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by Malcom, Nov 29, 2021.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It’s ON now!

• Like Like x 4
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Glad I checked in. Watched them win last two to catch up!!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

You’re the lucky charm! Stay with it!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I am so damn proud of these Ladies!!
    They never gave up...so much Texas Fight!!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, those girls are special. Wonder if they’re any tickets available for Sat?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

No words on that match...from the lowest point looking like it could be over after 2 sets to a COMPLETE reversal. Look at the box score. It's telling. No give up for these ladies.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

First match I've seen this year. That was beyond extraordinary. They just simply refused to lose.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

My video from tonight. At one point my knees were shaking. Incredible energy at Gregory tonight! Let's keep fighting!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

This is a match that if a casual fan (or maybe even non-fan) saw it, it could convert them! It was an instant classic!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Who was the guy in the Burnt Orange shirt, shaved head who TV kept showing & stood the entire game?

• Like Like x 2
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Jermaine O’Neal (former NBA player) the father of Middle Asjia O’Neal #7

And if you don’t know Asjia’s story, look it up. She’s had two open heart surgeries (the last one last Winter).

• Like Like x 4
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you

14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

After reading your comments I decided to watch the match after the fact. Honestly, middle of the third set I thought you people were pulling off a bad joke. Wow. Just Wow. What a comeback!

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Helluva comeback, but Jerritt did not have the team ready for what they were going to see from UW. Fortunately they figured it out halfway through.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Way to fight Texas

• Like Like x 2
  17. TexanNexile

TexanNexile Born and raised in Texas-now exiled to Arkansas

What was reason for Hellraisers being moved off the floor and the large unoccupied area on the floor? Also the band was moved to the baseline. Is this some type NCAA restriction for the tournament?
    Otherwise was a full house for an amazing comeback. Reported 20 times in the tournament history Texas has been down 2 sets-- last night was the first time they have won it!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

You hit the nail on the head. Because this was part of the NCAA tournament, they try to make it as much a "neutral" court as they can. That's why they bring out the plastic floor. You'll see that same floor at all the regional matches. The home band doesn't get the priority seating. That didn't stop the home town crowd from showing up big and loud!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

Nebraska swept Illinois after the Texas match last night. Saturday night Texas will meet Nebraska at 9:00 p.m CST in Gregory Gym to see who advances to the final four. The match can be found on ESPNU. It appears that Lexi Sun (former Longhorn) may not have played last night. She has no stats in the box score for that match. #5 Baylor was eliminated by #12 Minnesota yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I bet there won’t be any unoccupied areas for the match with Nebraska. I only wish I could be there

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sun does not get a lot of court time from what I’ve seen of them this year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

This isn't a good match up for Texas IMO. I think Nebraska will win.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  23. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

One more piece of trivia...Ashley Shook, former Longhorn setter, is now a graduate assistant coach at UW. At the end of the match, she stayed behind to talk to each of the Longhorns.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Same team we beat last year.

• Like Like x 4
  26. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

Playing like they did sets 1 and 2 last night? You're right...But if they play like they did the last three, and normally do anyway, they will win. There...I've now jinxed them.

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

I also saw Morgan O'Brien in attendance. She was cheering on Illinois, but came during the Texas game. Lots of former Horns in attendance: Hannah Allison, Sara Palmer, Bailey Webster, Juliann Faucette.

• Like Like x 7
  28. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Yeah those empty seats during our match were for the Illinois and Nebraska fans but towards the 4th see you could see all the Illinois fans in a corner and weren’t able to get to their seats until the end of our match. It’s very weird to me because, the game was empty for Illinois and Nebraska although it said sold out so they should’ve let Texas fans/students take those seats since they were empty but tomorrow they will be all husker fans

29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

full replay on YouTube:

we were on the receiving end of this kind of Match in the championship match against Penn State.

30. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Can someone explain Ticket City prices to me? For the Texas/Nebraska match, I'm seeing $70-80/ticket for GA, and $230-$400 for upper level seats that are reserved (but no seat backs). Those prices seem outrageous to me - are those just fans who've listed seats at their indifference point (would prefer to attend, but willing to sell at an outrageous price), or did Ticket City actually acquire those tickets and then mark them up that much?