2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe,

What did Mitchell's tweet say? His tweet has been removed.

2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

First, let me apologize for placing this here, but since Texas targets Emeka Ekbuga nor Camar Wheaton are not attending, I think this represents some sort of awareness test. Think of it as a Wonderlic Test for recruits, if you will.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you

Mobilehoma's First Annual Caldo de Covido

Recruiting Notebook: OU commits organize 'Sooner Summit' weekend

Off campus, presumably. But still, not a wise move at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"dinner overlooking the city"

What are they going to do, put a folding table on cinder blocks?

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sabre, your comment reminds me of my sojourns to Nizhnekamsk in Tatarstan, Russia Federation where we ate grilled pork shoulder on a picnic table on an abandoned concrete slab overlooking the Kama river. Of course we got ****-faced drinking vodka shots. Afterwards we rode a shuttle bus back to the airport where in route we pulled over in the forest to pee in the woods. Long story short - probably similar to Okie high life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^^^THIS

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yurcich spoke with this 2021 QB yesterday - Maddox Kopp of Houston St. Thomas
    So, it does seem like we will try and replace Milroe in this class

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He actually had two snippy ones, both down now
    I dont recall it verbatim but generally that one was something about how coaches dont care about players, they just use them then throw them away

8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

A. What is their problem? Their animosity towards UT is illogical and unfounded and they are only harming their own reputation with its continuance.
    B. Pretty dumb considering JMs flip was an affirmation of our improved recruiting and depth...
    I guess the Brocks chose bama because critical thinking would not be required of them there

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RainH2burntO

Please clarify this, Joe...the who what where. I missed it and cannot find your original post. Thanks

10. BurntOrangeLH

There was a total absence of critical thinking and a lot of Satan's Kool-Aid. Very certain we missed on legacy prima donnas. Talent, yes. Motivation, no.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wait until he tries out for an nfl team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He took them down. Probably bc someone either told him to, or perhaps another player told him it was a bad look. It seemed to start with praise of De'Gabriel Floyd, then became became anger and the claim that Floyd had been 'forgotten,' then became hostility at unnamed coaches who use players then forget about them. Something like that.
    He seems volatile. Will probably take some extra work just to get him through the season.

13. RainH2burntO

I'm quite sure if he doesnt like THs culture/staff and his approach to players he wouldn't like most other places.
    Some of these guys...smh
    I view TH as a players coach....
    The question I have for Mitchell is, "The University of Texas has shown faith in and invested in you...Now what are you prepared to do for the University of Texas?"

That is the old school way of getting what you want and desire...Do what you are asked to do first when given the opportunity....You earn the rest by your response to the opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They have been taking crap on SM, and probably from some friends, maybe even inside their own family (which would be great if true). So they think this lets them get a little payback.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I suppose if he shows up, has a great season without more incident, all will be forgiven and forgotten. Seems unlikely, but as with all things, we will see.

16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm not sure if that type of thinking even enters the thought process of the college age of today. All they want is expected to be given. Can you imagine the president today saying, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?" How would they react?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Very true. I've had the displeasure of having had a couple on my staff before. Reading comprehension and analytical thinking were not their strong attributes. They were good with Bama football stats though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. RainH2burntO

Agree wholeheartedly, RP.
    I couldn't stand Barack Obama or almost anything he stood for, but I prayed for him and, if he would have asked me to do something....within reason I'd have done it.
    I called a meet last week with my pastor and associate pastor of the church my family has attended for 10 years and - they know I am full of ideas and strongly held convictions - looked them in the eye and said "I've got some ideas and want to continue to be an influencer at this church, but I am here today to ask you what myself and my family can do for CCF... How can we help support you and what you do? I believe we are here for the church as much or more than the church is here for us. When we share views or ideas....even if you decide or act contrarily -within reason - we will support you. Now how can we help?"

Not tooting my own horn or speaking proudly.. Just saying that is how I was raised and how I believe things should be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RainH2burntO

Much like Eagles

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Roach does not think Bowman will make it to the ou weenie roast

There was a rumor going around that Texas commit Billy Bowman was set to visit Norman this weekend for the “Sooner Summit”. The visit is being arranged by a group of Oklahoma commits to host their own unofficial visit weekend in Norman. I checked in with Bowman who said he was actually thinking about accompanying his girlfriend (an Oklahoma softball signee) to move in this week. However, his practice schedule would prevent him from doing so and he said he wouldn’t be able to make the trip. I don’t expect him to be a visitor this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

I know it has been stated or alluded to already, but a great year from UT including defeat of ou, when combined with other momentum the program has, offers tremendous potential to alter the narrative pretty quick between ou and Texas, including recruiting, etc. Think about it...We have already been -arguably- recruiting at a slightly higher level than ou (we've gone 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1 in Big 12 from 2015-20) even through the issues and limited success of the last 5+ years. But it is put up or shut up time now...
    Much like the election year, it cannot be overstated how important this season is for UT...especially in regards to the ou narrative and perception of the two programs.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Today, that would probably be his last day in office.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. BurntOrangeLH

First day of Kennedy in office of the President.

24. BurntOrangeLH

Billy Bowman is not attending the Mobilehoma Caldo de Covido event in Norman this weekend.

He will be attending UT next year, though.

• Like Like x 4
  25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I remember that line from Kennedy's speech, but that's about all. I was very young at the time.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposed to be good news on the way

• Like Like x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Extra year for Sam?

• poop poop x 1
  28. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If a player plays more than four games then they shouldn't get an extra year, unless the season ends for the team prematurely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. BurntOrangeLH

It was part of his inaugural speech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. BurntOrangeLH

LJ or Camar or an OT or a DL?