2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Why does he hold Texas responsible?

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dickerson played for the only undefeated D-1 team, which was never #1 in the polls and didn't win a NC.

He didn't win the Hype$man because enough voters knew about SMU's cheating, much like a certain basketball coach took forever be be inducted into the BB HOF because voters knew his players never went to class.

Dickerson is stupid like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The latest is that the bad rumor was not true
    We will see

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Inside Texas also reiterating their position of LJJ to Texas

• Like Like x 4
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Because in his mind Texas blackballed him to the Heisman voters when he chose SMU due to the fact that he was told that he would never win the trophy at SMU. He seems to forget that aggy was the spurned bride.

A classless POS of the highest order.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Dickerson didn't win in '82 because there's no way the voters weren't going to give it to Herschel Walker. The year before Marcus Allen became only the second back to rush for over 2000 yards in season breaking Dorsett's record by almost 200 yards. His first 2 years he wouldn't have made the first cut. In fact his freshman year he wasn't much of a factor for SMU.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Guy Lewis?

9. I_Dont_Exist

I'd say Lewis is as obvious as it gets. Although losing to a hopelessly undermanned NC State in '83 sure didn't help.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  10. RainH2burntO

All I remember of Dickerson was being with my best 5th grade friend in Houston and watching him go MAJOR video game on Rice.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gunnar!
    Who knew TEs were allowed to both tun and catch?

• Like Like x 1
  12. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

I would not say hopelessly undermanned. They did have talent as 4 of them went on to pro careers:

Thurl Lee Bailey is an American former professional basketball player whose National Basketball Association career spanned from 1983 to 1999 with the Utah Jazz and the Minnesota Timberwolves

Sidney Lowe-5 (nondescript) seasons in NBA

Lorenzo Charles 1 yr NBA, several overseas

Cozell McQueen -Though he briefly played in the NBA for the Detroit Pistons, the majority of his professional career took place in the minor leagues and in Europe.

13. I_Dont_Exist

Probably should have said outmanned. Olajuwon, Drexler, Young, Micheaux, Franklin, Anders. UH should have won by 30.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I remember that game. It is my recollection that Guy panicked and over-coached. He pulled in the reigns instead of letting them (to quote Benny Anders), "Take it to the rack"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

16. RainH2burntO

That game is in Colorado, right??
    ...Because I believe they are only allowed to block in the state of Texas

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Drexler picked up 4 fouls in the 1st half & Houston couldn't buy a free throw (shot .526 from the line) & Jimmy V. did a masterful job of taking advantage of the Cougs weakness' & the altitude (Albuquerque).

18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I read up on it too and The Dream was sucking wind the whole game.

19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That was Phi Slamma Jamma's greatest weakness--they were terrible free throw shooters.

20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just wondering, shouldn't the basketball memories be on the basketball forums?

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

No football in Colorado until Jan, stupid blue state BS...

• poop poop x 1
  22. woopigsooie1989

woopigsooie1989 < 25 Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Charlie Pell screams "HELLO"

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, but they can wear cross-country skis and snowshoes.

25. I_Dont_Exist

Pell? Derek Dooley made Pell look like Tom Landry. For all the talk about what an offensive genius he was Hal Mumme was a terrible HC. Remember Mike Dubose?

Every time a coach gets fired so quickly I become more convinced it's more about bad relations with boosters than wins and losses.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Farrell of Rivals flipped his LJJohnson pick from aggy to Texas

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 3
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gerry Hamilton says Shemar Turner is living with his uncle who is a UT fan
    He thinks Bama leads at the moment but, in the end, Turner will stay in state
    Herman has an existing relationship with the uncle from recruiting D'ontre Wilson to tOSU

Nahlin thinks Clemson will run out of space for Mukuba, thus Texas "by default". ASU also trying to wiggle their way in (worth noting - other paysite gurus disagree on this)

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  28. woopigsooie1989

woopigsooie1989 < 25 Posts

Pell had a 14-16 SEC record and won 8+ games 3/6 years at Florida. Morris has never beat a P5 team and lost to Colorado State, North Texas, Western Kentucky and San Jose State all in just two years lol.

Florida wasn’t the UF of today either. They never won double-digit games in a season until 1991.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As a member of the Florida Foundation,as well as the Florida Alumni Association since 1884, I am painfully aware of their history. UF never won an SEC Championship until Spurrier was coach.

Most of the problems with Pell were off the field, some of which came out after his dismissal.

As for Derek Dooley, all I have to say is L S U! How many coaches have ever shown that kind of classlessness and immaturity? And on national TV

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did you know Andrew Jackson?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1