2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Jackson is an aOSU homie. No interest in Texas ever.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Smart....Reward bad behavior

3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Can you or someone please expound on this^^^^^?

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He's just saying some coaches are going to be extremely busy trying to get ready for conf title games while taking care of signing day at the same time
    For example, last season the B12 and SEC title games were Dec 9 while early signing day was Dec 20, so there was a nice gap of time in between

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

These sorts of timing crunches should generally favor the schools with the most resources and best organizations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The highest-paid offensive line coaches in college football: 2020 edition
    Matt Luke, Georgia — $900,000
    Will Friend, Tennessee — $805,000
    Bill Bedebaugh, Oklahoma — $750,000
    Justin Frye, UCLA — $700,000
    Eric Wolford, South Carolina — $700,000
    Kyle Flood, Alabama — $650,000
    Herb Hand, Texas — $650,000**
    Robbie Caldwell, Clemson — $640,000
    Ed Warinner, Michigan — $625,000
    Josh Henson, Texas A&M — $605,000
    ** Since article, Hand received raise to $700, 000 thru 2021

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. BurntOrangeLH

But which coaches took a haircut and when did they take it? Utah furloughed errbody.

8. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is hell when you have to multi-task.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WR Antonio Harmon put us in his top 3, along with Ole Miss and Miss St
    He is a good height, weight and speed combo
    Antonio Harmon, Kosciusko, Wide Receiver

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Inside Texas likes our chances with Cooks, Mukuba, Regis and Turner
    And, if so, thats likely it on defense

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is from Clemson 247

Clemson's longtime top priority at safety, Andrew Mukuba, will announce his commitment decision among Clemson, Texas, LSU, and Missouri on Oct. 1. "At first I thought I might need to wait until December because it's such a big decision and not an easy one. But I'm ready to focus on my senior season. I've prayed a lot, talked to a lot of people, and gotten a lot of advice from people.

"I know where my heart is."

"I am talking with Clemson a lot. As a matter of fact, I did another virtual visit with Clemson before the game yesterday. I've done virtual visits with Clemson before, but this one was different because it was on a game day. The energy they had talking to me was probably the best [part].... "Trevor Lawrence also said what's up."

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Spiegelman and Chad Simmons flipped their Rivals forecasts for Mukuba from Texas to Clemson

• poop poop x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

I think Son of Clem is making their move before they lose him. The danger for Mukuba is if they get who they want, Mukuba may not be in the top Safety group. I hope he chooses DBU.

Rivals is an OU publicity organ, so no value there.

17. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

Agreed. I could go on and on what I didn't like about, but this is probably the wrong forum to do so.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We offered this player

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Suchomel's take on all this --

Mukuba had four FutureCast picks come in for Clemson yesterday, but in checking around with a couple other Rivals reporters today, I'd put the confidence in those picks as moderate at best. Basically, Mukuba has done a good job of keeping everyone guessing and nobody truly has a good read on what he's thinking.

Mukuba did do a Clemson game-day virtual visit on Saturday and I've been told there is some cautious optimism coming from Clemson. But Mukuba also spoke with UT d-coordinator Chris Ash on Sunday and Texas isn't going away. As of late last week, I feel confident in saying he was unsure of his decision. Could that have changed over the weekend? Possible, but nobody I've talked to has heard a firm confirmation of that.

Tough one to read and it could stay that way until he decides ... Mukuba's a smart kid who definitely does a good job of not tipping his hand.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And here is Nahlin too --

Andrew Mukuba: The 2021 Austin LBJ safety is set to announce on October 1st. We have never discounted Clemson because it’s unknown if they were going to push. That should lead you, the dear reader, to the conclusion that Clemson is his preference. As of midweek last week, things were awkward between Mukuba and Clemson, but the closer he gets to a decision, the more the Tigers have to consult their big board and make a decision. It was reported he recently took a virtual visit with the Clemson staff and there was optimism on the Clemson side after. If they truly want him the writing is on the wall. Texas could probably get by in the class with JD Coffey and Billy Bowman and save the ship for 2022 where DB is the most loaded position in the class.​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RB commit Jonathon Brooks (Hallettsville) has 750 yards rushing, is averaging 14+ YPC and has 14 TDs on just 53 carries.

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe,

Has the kid visited Clemson or just done a virtual tour? If just virtual, keep pushing. Game day is very impressive there. The other six days not so much. It is exactly like Auburn - middle of damn no where, a couple of miles off the freeway. Only difference is that Clemson has a lake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He has not visited, he got cut off before it ever happened

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Has a fairly low center of gravity
    Seems like he finished every block

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the DKR era, he would be on academic scholarship because 50 wasn’t enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. BurntOrangeLH

If Mukaba is a smart guy, he will choose Texas. I am not a follower of the Clemson program, but I cannot recall one Clemson S in the NFL. I can think of 4 UT safeties on NFL rosters right now. I think Mukuba is looking beyond football also. Clemson would have a tough time stacking up to Austin High Schools academically.

Then there is the fact that Texas really wants him where Clemson is shopping around.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  27. BurntOrangeLH

Looks like the pancake tackle.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The family talks about education a lot, so I dont know how considering Carolina aggy figures into all that

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I do miss the days of stacked rosters

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have a good friend who was very highly recruited out of HS. He was a QB with a cannon arm - throw a football 85-90 yards. He got his degree, T ring, his law degree, and as DKR said, I didn't have to see him the opposite sideline filling the air with footballs. In 1965 he signed something like 7-8 QBs, some to academic scholarships, but they weren't playing for TCU, Tech, Baylor, or SMU