2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Suggest you check Clemson's engineering school ranking. True it has slipped a little since Lockwood Greene got absorbed by CH2M Hill, but it was ranked above every school in Texas not named Rice and Texas. It is also ranked higher than any school in the Big XII not named Texas. Pretty good sized alumni club in Houston.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and is closer to the ocean.

3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Better than aTm? Oh, wait .... So much for TTU.

In which fields are they strong? I thought they were an agricultural college originally. Anyway, fairly certain English is a foreign language elective for Jr. and Sr.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Clemson, like A&M, was founded as an Ag school, but both became engineering schools. If you know anything about colleges, then you will understand the fall of Clemson in ranking is very much like the fall of Illinois from #1 in accounting.

5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Clemson is the aTm of South Carolina, without all the weird cult stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Houston has the most players in the NFL. Here they all are

The NFL sent out a press release last week patting Houston on the back as the city with the most former high school players on NFL rosters this year.

I'm here to tell you, they undercounted ... severely.

The release said there are 24 players from Houston high school on NFL active rosters, beating out Miami, which has 19 homegrown players in the NFL. However, those numbers only count players from Houston proper, excluding those from places like Fort Bend ISD, Katy ISD and Conroe ISD.

When you lump all the players from Houston and its suburbs, there are 54 local players on active NFL rosters. If you want to throw in the likes of Brenham, Galveston and Angleton, you can get to more than 60 players. Counting the practice squad and injured reserve lists, there are 88 players from the Houston area currently in the NFL.

North Shore, Elkins and Bush have the biggest NFL representation with four players each currently on active NFL rosters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Alabama mod on Turner

[​IMG]

8. BurntOrangeLH

2 CB for Max Merril to Texas
    Including Roach.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Roach says Tunmise Adeleye has been in contact with the coaching staff since he de-committed from tOSU. He says he is "watching our defense closely."
    Who knows with this guy :shrug:

10. BurntOrangeLH

Well, that is interesting. Maybe his interest is not all $EC?

11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Wow, I didn't know he decommited. That's good news. He would be another Coburn at least and coming in at the right time.
    I absolutely hate our best recruits leaving the state! Hope we get this guy. Maybe he feels he was lied too about our guys not being made ready for the NFL. :thumbup:
    Omenihu and Roach have been making plays in the NFL.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 6
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

:shrug:

16. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

17. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Wouldn’t mind two adeyeles! Sp

18. BurntOrangeLH

Actually, this is pretty significant because his teammate was Jalen Milroe before Tunmise transferred to IMB. Then Tunmise decided $EC had all the real DL. Then Jalen feels a little insecure about the QB room at Texas and goes 'Bama. Now Tunmise calls Ash or Giles? Might have to pay more attention.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I like where we are both with current DL depth and current DL recruiting. Tunmise was flakey before his de-commit. He seems like the kind of player who will make whichever team gets his signature constantly wonder when he might portal himself. He has also publicly trashed the Big 12. In short, his final decision is not worth sweating either way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Very strong. Sheds blocks quickly. Manhandles weaker opponents. Quick for a strongman.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Generally agree. We’ve become very strong and powerful in the interior DL. I’m talking a$$ whoopin strong and powerful. And I relish saying that. That’s how it should be at UT. Shearer & McMichael, Hampton & Rogers, this current crop of interior DTs. We still need a full stable of top notch rush DEs though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  22. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Why did he de-commit from OState?

With his attitude toward B12, I think Horn's should pass although he would probably be an impact player?

23. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Did he de-commit before COVID cancelled fOSU's now-resurrected season?

24. BurntOrangeLH

Yes.

25. BurntOrangeLH

Too Bad Jatavion Sanders Does Not Have A Twin Brother

Because he can play both sides of the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Somewhere around mid-August

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tunmise also had some negative things to say about how we've used DEs in the past (but we are running a different front now, which he sort of referenced in his comment above). And he might have said something about how top recruits are not developed once they get to Austin - which is something they all hear now and will continue to hear until we start putting guys in the draft again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I look at the modern Clemson front 7 as the model. Linebacker recruiting needs to catch up. Orlando put us in a (big) hole there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He could easily be #1 in state

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1