2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Keithron Lee brought errbody to his signing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:errbody:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

Great summaries of the presser Joe Fan - thanks!

One thing Sark said that I liked had to do with the record this past season. He said something along the lines of "we were 7-3, but lost in OT to OU, fumbled at the end of the game vs. TCU and missed a last second kick at Iowa State. Change that and we're 10-0." If Herman had been speaking he would have stopped there, but Sark continued with (again, paraphrasing) "we also won a couple games in OT and could have been 5-5". I love his bottom-line, lack of spin, honest approach to things. I really think we are in good hands.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

You could not pay me to live there. It ain't real.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

There are no sour grapes. In fact, my grandson has his heart set on going to Stanford. I encourage that.

That said, turn the wrong way off the 101, and it doesn't take long to realize you have arrived in something that doesn't resemble Highland Park, Preston Hollow, River Oaks, Memorial, or Laguna Nigel. In fact, I negotiated a 10 year lease on one of the buildings on the northwest corner of University Blvd & 101. What we didn't know is that East Palo Alto covers both sides of the 101. The deal almost fell through because the post office wanted them to use "East Palo Alto" as a mailing address. That was a killer for the clientele that they were after. The postmaster agreed in writing to deliver the mail even if it said "Palo Alto" as long as the zip code was ok. I then told the developer to go to work to seek a separate zip code. That advice helped him start filling it up, and reduced the rent from $95/ft to a graduated rate starting at $65.

I do hate the fact that if you come down the 280, it takes you to the mall parking lot

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Tom Herman say's hello.

6. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

• Like Like x 4
  7. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Is Dorbah a miss or did old staff give up on him? Was he hurt? Seems he would be a great fit for PK's D but no site's ever talk about him.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not yet. Someone will have to step up with an edge rush. He is in the mix among several players
    Ive seen his workout videos, he puts in the work

• Like Like x 4
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Military,

We had a RB who went to school, practiced, worked at McDonalds and gave his parents the money to help support the family. They lived in inner city Houston, but were too poor to afford burglar bars, so they put 2x4s; 2x6s over their windows. That house was stifling. I met with the UNLV coach at Ottos on Memorial to discuss the young man. He told me that they were prepared to get him a "job" making $300 a day parking cars. Could we match that? I told him "absolutely, we're Texas, you don't want in a bidding war with us".

Always has bothered me that he worked on a beer truck for $10/hour, BUT he played RB for us, got his degree, and helped his parents & siblings into a better place to live. All of this with a learning disability.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of my UT best friends ended up in Mtn View. I visited often via the 101. I would often exit thru Palo Alto just to look around (sometimes we met to eat there). Then I had to leave one early Sunday morning to catch a plane at SFO. It was barely light somewhere near E. Palo Alto I came to a red light and just to my left a pistol shootout began outside some dive bar. That was the last time I took the scenic route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  11. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

12. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Sark didn't mention the transfer from Notre Dame- that fall apart?

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Recruiting is hard!

14. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Blocking is hard!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The weather and the scenery doesn't seem real, that's for sure. There isn't much I enjoyed more than being able to ride my motorcycle west from Palo Alto through through the mountains over to Pescadero. It doesn't seem real either. It's so peaceful it's like something out of a movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Or anywhere else in that godforsaken land of nuts that don't grow on trees.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No it didnt fall apart (unless I missed it, which seems unlikely). Ovie Oghoufo is a grad transfer

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  20. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

The nuts would be a welcome change to Abbott, Patrick, Paxton, and the rest of the Trumpanzees...

• poop poop x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another potential RB in the portal

RB Ricky Slade was a 5-star in the 2018 class (top 30 players overall). He went to Penn St. And is one of the the highest rated recruits James Franklin ever signed. He played as a freshman behind Miles Sanders and then was the starter in 2019 but eventually got beat out by Journey Brown and then Noah Cain (Herman holla). He ended up at Old Dominion but that program decided not to play in 2020. And now he has left ODU. I think he will have two years of eligibility left. But, like Eric Gray, he probably wants to be "the guy" wherever he goes.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There are other forums for your hot political takes
    Recruiting is not that place

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. George Bailey

But disparaging another state because of one's political views is ok? Got it...

• poop poop x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Saying California is full of nuts is not necessarily a political take. We try to limit the mind reading to WM.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  25. George Bailey

Sorry I hurt y'all's feelings. But thanks, I haven't had this many poops in one day since I was a kid.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If you live in Texas, please leave.

• poop x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • WTF? x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  27. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Take the political **** to WM
    Good grief some of you have a sick obsession with it

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. everette

everette 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

You could say the same thing about being a student at UT. When I was a student the nuts just got all the attention. It was certainly obvious where the journalists at the Daily Texan resided, and that was where most information disseminated. You'd be surprised to find out just how many people in the outlying areas area as redneck as a redneck from Odessa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Give me the admin power to bop them

This one might be the same one as last week. The level of whining is pretty close.

• Agree Agree x 1