2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Think they will regret hiring and big guarantee with JF in apprx 3 years or less???....

that move could not guarantee anyone anything....not wise!! Except for JF!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some guy on Texags thinks Evans will be an Aggy

3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

TAMU needs a running back. From the stories we've read here about him, could be more of a headcase than a teammate...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

Sounds like a perfect fit for aggie

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

txags posters have been known to dip into hyperbole and downright fantasy over the years when it comes to what greatness may lie ahead for the moron maroon and white.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

They are getting good recruiting classes, they do have some good coaches. I'm not saying they are going to beat Bama or LSU but they are getting enough talent to challenge them. All they need is time. Jimbo isn't the savior they think he is, but he also isn't a bad coach. He is somewhere in the middle.

7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

It's fun to talk trash about the ags but when we're evaluating them,, it's hard to say they struggle with recruiting. I mean, they aren't Top 5, but they have 3 of the 26 recruits (all 5* on 247) in the country.

If one of those flips (unless to the good guys) they still have more top end talent than we do for 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

You need to search for the articles on the conditions at FSU when he left. He utterly and intentionally destroyed that program. He is much less than a mediocre coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zuckercanyon

So you’re saying he’s Mack Brown?

• poop poop x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Aggies are pretty good at recruiting. I wouldn’t say they are elite in any way. That last WR that recently decommitted from them to us in the 2020 class was their 6th highest recruit. He committed to Texas and he ranks as our 12th best recruit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BurntOrangeLH

Far worse and not just neglectful but intentional.

12. zuckercanyon

Eh. Semantics. Mack intentionally dug his heels in and (reportedly) interfered with obtaining Saban (true not true don't know), but wasn't going down graciously after scrapping the zone read for power I after loss to 'Bama. Then got outrecurited by Baylor and A&M and TCU. Or outcoached. Didn't recognize the direction college football was going (bigger wider spread offenses). After Texas had become mediocre, didn't step down gracefully. So, not seeing a lot of difference between Mack and Jimbo. Thanks for the Natty, Vince.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Don't be surprised if Milroe is the #1 rated dual qb( or maybe already is) and a 5 star going into his senior campaign.
    Can someone say "VY":popcorn:

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kid is really good, but before you start hanging tags and comparisons, call me when he hangs 60+ on Northshore.

15. BurntOrangeLH

Difference was intent. Mack was trying, just could not get over the hump. Kind of where Assistant Coach musical chairs started before being perpetuated by Strong, thanks to Patterson's interfering limitations on salaries. Courting of Saban was a bitter pill because Mack wanted to get back to NCG and beat Saban more than anything since he is the only UT coach to lose to 'Bama.

Jimbo just cares about himself. Programs are just a money bag for him.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We offered the #1 ranked APB -- he's a Shipley

• Like Like x 5
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Everyone thinks he is ours

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Something on Milroe's season --

Milroe was pulled in the second quarter because Tompkins thumped Clear Creek 70-21, but his stat line was pretty ridiculous. Milroe finished his night 4-of-4 passing for 94 yards and 1 touchdown. On the ground, he carried three times for 128 yards and he scored on ALL THREE CARRIES. That’ll work.

On the year, Milroe has completed 77 percent of his passes for 774 yards with 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He has rushed for 158 yards and 3 scores on just 10 carries.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Honest opinion? I think Tua wins it this year - Sam will have his shot next season.

24. BurntOrangeLH

Salpointe OT Miller was flashing Hook 'Em with Bijan when Herman was visiting. Looks like he could indeed be a take.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Savion Byrd is a big guy

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

QB Jalen Milroe went 6-for-10 passing for 187 yards and 4 TDs, completed his last five passes. Pulled early again

• Like Like x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Milroe’s 5-0 Katy Tompkins team plays 4-0 Katy HS Thursday at 6pm. Does Tompkins have enough weapons to hang with the Tigers? Might be a good one.

• Like Like x 2