2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WR Theodore Knox of The Woodlands but originally from Southern Lab in Baton Rouge. We offered at the end of the summer.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Inside Texas

When Luke Brockermeyer was put on scholarship my optimism on Texas landing his twin brothers jumped. Like everyone else I've always guessed they'll end up at Texas but being pretty close to that situation I know how fond the family is of Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia. Clemson only offering Tommy put a nail in that one, imo. "That's a good development for Texas," I was told. I think we'll see the Brockermeyers take some spring officials but I'm not sure they'll use as many as they can just because a lot of schools aren't real contenders. I think Herman handled Luke's scholarship perfectly. Luke was told when they recruited him that if he put in the work he'd have a real chance at earning a scholarship. But Herman didn't just hand it out because of his brothers. To Luke's credit he's seen a jump in his play in practice this year, going back to the Spring. To Herman's credit he awarded a scholarship to Cort Jaquess first. Cort is on special teams and is a practice All Star. It's a meritocracy
    The Inside Scoop - 9/30/19 - Inside Texas

Here is James playing LT

• Like Like x 2
  3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Let's get these guys and hopefully the Flowe brothers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some Jalen Milroe quotes

“I’ve improved my leadership by coaching up the young guys. Leadership skills are important as an upperclassman quarterback. It comes from preparation and practices throughout the week. We knew it was a great defense we were going against. We just executed.”

I take a lot of pride in the fact that guys want to play with me. I’m trying to do it for the program. I’m just telling guys how we can build something at Texas if we stop moving out of the state and making everyone else look good.”

“Sam (Ehlinger) is taking control of the offense. It’s an explosive offense. I love the program at Texas. I’m in steady communication with them and I can’t wait to be a Longhorn. I love that Texas is ready to compete with anybody. They play as one unit.”

“I don’t feel the pressure of being committed to Texas. I love having the target on my back. Each week, I try to get better.”

• Like Like x 4
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like, for now at least, Donovan Jackson is interested in us and tOSU, no mention of aggy

"The University of Texas, Coach (Tom) Herman and Coach (Herb) Hand reached out to me and I had a great conversation with them. I have a great relationship with the whole staff. They hit me up on midnight on the dot and said, 'Hey, what's up?' and basically started a conversation from there. Ten minutes later, Coach Herman sent me a long, lengthy paragraph about how much Texas wants me there and I appreciated that."

• Like Like x 3
  6. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

JF, thanks! That would be great but what gives you the impression that he is interested in tOSU and Horns?

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The pulled part is just a partial

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Love his attitude!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Thank you for keeping us up to date

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2021 DE Landon Jackson of Texarkana Pleasant Grove

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Coaches seeing 2021 OLs Hayden Conner and Bryce Foster of Katy Taylor

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hayden Conner says he and 2021 QB Jalen Milroe are working hard on an area recruit who is close to committing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Those Texarkana DLs look good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

That reminded me of The Blind Side. He just physically outclasses every player on defense. Some of those guys it looked like he barely touched and they went down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

What channel is this game on?

17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Katy 14
    Tompkins 10. Halftime.

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

35-10 now in Q3

19. BurntOrangeLH

Will fit in really well with Van Fillinger.

20. BurntOrangeLH

Streaming?

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It’s almost over now. I paid $7 for a stream on texanlive.com

22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I should have paid $10 so I could watch the Guyer game tomorrow night. #8 & #9 in State

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yet another 2021 OL on our radar
    2021 OL Matthew Wykoff of Magnolia is quickly rising in the rankings
    Hand went to see him

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So this is a little interesting. Mike Roach of 247, who personally attends as many high school games with big time players as one person can, likes RB LJ Johnson better than he does higher ranked RB Camar Wheaton

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  28. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My sources say
    [​IMG]

30. BurntOrangeLH

It is very interesting to see Milroe take on the Card-Jackson survivor for backup. I am in awe of Jackson, impressed by the maturity of Card, but Milroe seems to have "It" in spades.

• Agree Agree x 2