2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Not too many kids are going to jump at the opportunity to leave UT for Arkansas. Especially when the coach is hired from the bargin bend. If it was Alabama, I'd be worried, but not the pigs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

There was one kid recently who did. Was it a DB? He was not a commit but he had a UT offer.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Roach indicated the 4-man front has renewed Adeleye's interest in Texas. We are not currently on his list but Adeleye did just push back his decision date from Jan 8 to Aug 1, 2020. He will take his OVs in the spring.

Also, Chris Ash has made his initial follows of 2021s on twitter as Texas coach. They are Adeleye, plus Latrell McCutchin (Bama commit), Landon Jackson, Hunter Washington, Billy Bowman (Texas commit) and Derrick Harris (Texas commit)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

former commit

• Like Like x 3
  6. BurntOrangeLH

Still hanging in there. Considering aTm just mystifies me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BurntOrangeLH

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I honestly don't know, he is a Mississippi kid so the likelihood of him being interested in Texas is pretty low. I'm guessing he ends up at maybe TCU or SMU if he wants to come to Texas or more than likely Memphis or Miss St.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Gunter is not an obvious take. But maybe the coaches can look at film and interview him. Perhaps he wasn't a fit in the Razorback offense and has some traits that would work better at UT.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star 2021 OL Jager Burton of Frederick Douglass HS (KY)

• Like Like x 3
  12. BurntOrangeLH

And don't forget that Bijan's Salpointe Tackle Jonah Miller was flashing horns up with Bijan. He has a Texas offer.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou lost their 2021 5-star QB - the #1 ranked QB
    Thats a shame

[​IMG]

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BurntOrangeLH

Boo hoo. Poor Sooners.

Do you think Rattler spooked him?

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

LOL, how could LR let this happen? It wouldn't if OU would stop getting demoralized in their bowl games on national TV.

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rattler looked like the spooled one against LSU.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why are the Sooners worried? He still has 2-3 years to play somewhere else before transferring to Norman and making the Hype$man final four.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I guess there was a report earlier where Vandagriff said he would not be decommiting from blowu unless Riley were to leave.

Low and behold, he decommits.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BurntOrangeLH

Did not see him play, but the game was less interesting as it went towards haftime.

20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It was in the 4th quarter. I will always watch ou misery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. BurntOrangeLH

He already got homesick according to his post.

23. BurntOrangeLH

I was tuned out by then. But thank you for the alert as I will try to pick it up to watch Rattler.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  25. BurntOrangeLH

Texas has to keep Jalen recruiting for Texas. With a better record next year and new Coordinators, the 2021 Class may be in top 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think if we have the season we are capable of having, we will need this class to be top 2, especially on defense as we might have as many as 5 underclassmen declare early for the NFL Draft on the defensive side.

Sterns, Foster, Coburn, Ossai and maybe Green.

27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am concerned about Sterns. His sophomore drop-off (even accounting for the injury) seemed to be deeper than expected. The LSU and ou games will be key for all of the RS-Jr's.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Demetric Warren CBd Tommy Brockermeyer to Clemson

• poop poop x 8
  29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Still a lot of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I agree that he seems to have made a couple of big plays early his freshman year and then no big plays. True to any secondary worth its salt, a lot of these better guys get put in man-to-man situations more often than not, and when they get beat, there's no place to hide. He got injured as well and is sort of "lean" in build. However, watching him against the Utes made me regain confidence in him. Textbook tackles, didn't get burned in coverage, etc. These 2018 guys will be juniors this next season, and I'm excited to see how they all do next year!