2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some of the paysites say he is going to recommit to us

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lots of possibilities for the end zone dance

• Like Like x 2
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What about the famous booty call on 4th and goal?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Holland is one of the gurus who thinks he will recommit

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I am thinking our 2021 class will be a monster class definitely top 3 and maybe better. Lots of offers going out considering the smallish 2019 class. Our quantity may outweigh our quality but it's still all good. We just had a quality class and hopefully our 2022 quality will be strong. The bottom line is we getting the players. I can smell playoffs being a real possibility every season.:trophy:

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Minimum 11 wins and a conference title for that to happen.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bowman has some new tape out. He will probably be just on the edge of being a 2021 five-star. 247 is supposed to come out with an updated 2021 player ranking next week

• Like Like x 1
  9. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Just a little bit of speed. Likes to hit, too.

QB is impressive in that he can get the ball to him medium to deep.

10. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Funny how Herman is so fixated on the 6'5'" receivers and I am yet to see one of our tall ones run off from someone. I believe you take speed/speed/speed. It alters the defense when they are worried about getting burned. Yes have taller receivers but how many times did you see Collin Johnson catch and run. Very few. He was more of a possession receiver and perhaps thats the style of offense but he never seemed to put fear of passing up a DB from what I recall.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

+ LJH was terrific for us as a 6'4 slot. But I agree on the need for speed

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This. Ever hear someone is to fast? Speed also covers up a lot of deficiencies (inability to run a route tree for example).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Yes, speed is important, and long touchdowns are exciting. But let's not underestimate the importance of having tall receivers that can win jump balls. How many times did LJH and CJ out "rebound" the DB and come down with a first down catch? How many drives were kept alive? There were passes that Sam threw where they weren't open, so he just threw it high. And granted, drives are difficult to sustain, but a 5 minute drive is much more helpful to the defense than is a 20 second drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Herkie Walls and Tony Jones send their thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

His lack of speed came back to haunt him in the NFL. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't try to play in the XFL. He was on a practice squad, but he may have been released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

Speed is nothing without possession.

17. BurntOrangeLH

Ramonce, Daje and Lam Jones too.

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Some yes, but not enough. The QB can't keep going to the well constantly or the D will eventually shut it down. Speed get's a receiver in front of a DB and short gains may turn into long ones or scores. However, I agree, you got to have both to keep the D on their heels and guessing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  19. longhornlegend

I know we all got spoiled when Colt was here and anything he threw at Shipley or Cosby was good and both could run off and leave people. Our offense is different now but as bad is it disgusts me to type this, blowu and the bears with briles just create a different dynamic. Both have been handing charlie and herman their jocks as they trot to victory. We are getting better but its just a different dynamic if we have fast receivers who can catch and create concern for the D. Today we dont have that.

20. BurntOrangeLH

21. BurntOrangeLH

Jake Smith, Joshua Moore, Kennedy Lewis and Brennan Eagles all say "Hi." DevDuv just said "'Bye."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Speed may KILL, but crack KILLED Applejack!

Death lives in the rock house. :REALTALK:

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Watch it

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I hadn't thought about this in a while. Been on West Mall too much! I agree that the real threat of taking it to the house is a huge advantage as it stresses the entire defense versus an offense that just moves the chains (not that there's anything wrong with that). We had some amazing 10-12 play 80 yard drives in the past couple of years that bleed the clock, keeps our D fresh and demoralizes theirs. But you have to execute, execute, execute to be able to consistently do that. I like the speed idea as long as they can also execute those short, darting, hard-cut patterns that OU seems to have mastered.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

reminds me a little bit of Devin Hester....on the punt returns

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Roach put in a CB Quay Davis to Texas

• Like Like x 6
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

This dude is electric. I already can't wait till early signing day this year. The 2021 class is going to be especially good unless we really tank this coming season. But I don't see that happening.:ousucksnana:

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. longhornlegend

Watched them all play this year and again, it may be the scheme but how many times did we have a receiver take it to the house or put pressure on a D by speed. Duvernay did take it and did stretch the field. Jake and Brennan do not do that. I am hoping with a new coordinator that we see a different dynamic and see what you believe to be elite speed. I just have not seen it in production.

29. BurntOrangeLH

You must have been taking pee breaks at the exactly wrong times because Smith and Eagles were No. 2 in TD this year behind DevDuv. Washington, Woodard and Lewis did not have that much field time and Moore had none at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Since we are talking about speed which of our receivers are the fastest?