2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess one more

• Like Like x 3
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

OL reportedly with aggy ties

• Like Like x 2
  3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I really liked the LT that plays with him. He just plowed through defensive lines. May need a little S&C, but god he is a movable mountain.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Aledo WR JoJo Earle will also take an UOV to Texas this weekend
    (along with 2022 stud DB BJ Allen also from Aledo)
    We are supposed to be putting the full court press on Earle

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Juan Davis

• Like Like x 5
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WOW! This guy is quick off the snap, get's through the blockers quickly, looks to have good pursuit speed and shows good strength and speed getting to the ball. He wraps up the ball carriers and has good tackling technique. On passing plays, he's disruptive shedding the block and is in the QB's face. He doesn't give up on plays; plays to the whistle.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Hopefully, our staff can "untie" those aggy ties.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jordon Thomas of Port Arthur Memorial supposed to be on campus

Also supposed to be another big name visitor (dont see name yet)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

DE Shemar Turner of DeSoto also made it to Austin
    (i think he was supposed to be at ou)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is some Mike Roach on the Florida visitors

WR Bralon Brown, Hollywood. One of the top players in the state of Florida, the 247Sports Composite four-star prospect is set to make the visit to Austin with his 7v7 team on Monday. Brown does not yet hold a Texas offer, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him walk away with one following the visit. Ole Miss, Penn State, and Florida are the schools standing out right now.

WR Agiye Hall, IMG. Hall is a huge Texas target, but the Longhorns weren’t included in his most recent top-four cut. Hall is high on Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Arizona State. Texas will get a chance to gain some ground in that recruitment after hosting Hall on Monday with his 7v7 team.

WR Mario Williams, Plant City. Williams is one of the most dynamic prospects in the entire country, and Texas would love to add a player as explosive as him in this class. Oklahoma currently holds the 247Sports Crystal Ball lead, but Williams has been in consistent contact with Texas over the last few months. The Longhorns can take a more serious step after getting him on campus.

WR Troy Stellato, Fort Lauderdale. Texas offered Stellato shortly after Mike Yurcich arrived in Austin, and the explosive athlete expressed interest in visiting Texas right away. Stellato is considering some of the elite schools in the nation, and Ohio State currently holds the 247Sports Crystal Ball lead. That said, there’s some optimism in Austin that Texas can become a player in this race with a good visit.

DE Bryce Langston, Ocala. Florida and LSU seem to be the front runners in this race, but Texas could find themselves fighting for a spot at the table if they impress Langston on his visit this weekend. The four-star prospect doesn’t have a Texas offer yet, but that could change after he makes the visit on Monday.

CB Omarion Cooper, Lehigh. Cooper has been crystal balled to Florida State, but his contact with Texas cornerback coach Jay Valai has been doing a lot of work to get Texas into the conversation. Cooper is looking to visit Austin this weekend, and the Longhorns could possibly crack into his top group with a good trip.

CB Robert Simmons, Jacksonville. The Longhorns have yet to offer Simmons, but he’ll be visiting with Texas with his 7v7 team on Monday. Oregon is currently the biggest offer on Simmons’ list, but sources in Florida tell me he could see his stock rise this spring.

2023 Visitors
    WR Brandon Inniss, Fort Lauderdale. Inniss already holds 18 offers as he heads into his sophomore season. Florida, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Miami, and Texas A&M are some of the programs to have offered so far. Texas will host Inniss with his 7v7 team this weekend, and it is likely that Inniss could be just the second 2023 prospect to get an offer from the Longhorns.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Something on Mukuba from Nick Harris at the Houston Endzone 7on7

Austin LBJ safety Andrew Mukuba was a late arriver to Endzone as well and said that he and Chris Ash have a solid relationship right now and are talking almost daily. He plans on getting to campus on March 24 to see practice and talk with coaches about the program. He'll also pay a visit to LSU next weekend, to Oklahoma for their spring game in April, and to Arizona on April 4. He doesn't have any plans for officials right now.

13. BurntOrangeLH

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Texas is not Ala and Ala is not Texas. He needs to understand that A hasn't always been where they are now and also understand that UT has also been there many times!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The kid is concerned about his four years, not what once was. The last time we were relevant, the kid was 6 or 8 years old; the last we won it, the kid 1 or 2? He will enjoy being courted, but ain't likely to listen to "the future is bright".

Win something this year - beat OU in Dallas and LSU in Baton Rouge. Don't lose one, much less two that we should win. Then have CDC tell Bowelsby to f**k off and die, we ain't playing in your chicken **** money grab at Jerry World. That will get the kid's attention as we play Ohio State in the final four.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 1
  17. BurntOrangeLH

While I remember having a short backwards timeline when I was young, these guys have to look at what their lives will be like after football.

Also, a historical perspective must be emphasized to promote Texas' tradition.

Herman still needs the hungry dogs who want to win, not the guys who want to ride the program's coattails for 3 years until the NFL begs them to come out early.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Because that is what 18 year olds do, look at life after football when making these type of decisions. Some of these guys are going to make this decision based on which uniform colors they look best in. Some will base their decision on the women on campus. Some will actually take a real life decision out of this. There is no telling where they are at, but it's been my experience after football life is not as big on their list as what the football program can do for them in getting to the league and just winning.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thinking that more than 1 or 2% of these kids have any thoughts of life after football is incomprehensible. How often have we heard a kid choose New Mexico Body and Fender because "they have the best computer programming department in the country and I'm really good at computer games".

These kids have no idea about academic rankings, how to get a job, or what academics are required to prepare for their future. They see academics as something they have to tolerate to get to play on Saturday and a shot to play on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

One thing I've learned from old pros is that most HS kids only think about getting that offer to play college ball. It's not about academics, but about their dream and playing well to show their talents, get into the league. They think about all the money they will make when they're a 1st round NFL draft pick. Many of those that do make it, fail to realize they are one play away from a career ending major injury. Or they are just not good enough to stay on a team, are cut and no other team picks them up. Or they spend their career on a scout team. The majority never get drafted or picked up as an undrafted free agent. OF those that do play NFL ball, too many don't hire a reputable financial adviser and and or spend their money impressing their buddies, on expensive cars, flashy clothes, obnoxious overpriced jewelry, etc.. Nothing is saved or if it was, their Uncle or Cousin financial adviser help them make their funds disappear like a fart in the wind, or maybe investing in ridiculous ventures like maybe a fountain pen that can write under whipped cream. Nothing is set aside for the inevitable day when the career is over. Sports Illustrated once estimated that 78 percent of NFL players are either bankrupt or under financial stress within two years of retirement. If they didn't finish their college education, they or atleast many, can't get a good job, and no degree usually means no coaching job at the HS level or even a junior high program. They are merely a footnote somewhere in the record books that they played for a team, have some stats, and were cut, permanently.

21. BurntOrangeLH

I think you and the others are selling Bijan, Buechele, Ehlinger, Moore, Duvernay, Shackelford, the Johnson brothers, all of the walk-ons and other players who participate and graduate way too short.

Better to get these guys and pass on the Zach Evans and Noah Cains out there. Athletic ability is important certainly, but personal and program buy-in is paramount or you just have a gang, not a team. No one's ego is more important than their future and the team. This is one reason Herman always compliments a recruit's background and parents by name first. If a guy acts like a selfish diva, somebody who is a program buy-in is moved higher on the board I am certain. Character counts in a successful program.

22. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I get the same feeling about Quay Davis that I did about Javonne Shepherd during his recruitment. Maybe not a good overall fit for UT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  24. BurntOrangeLH

Keep him engaged. UT is in itself a huge recruiting advantage for any recruit looking for an improved future.

• Like Like x 2
  25. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I remember when I was 18. What I thought about myself. You're dead on. What I think is that I planned on kicking a$$ at whatever I needed to, and wherever I went, I planned on being a success. So I went where I thought I'd enjoy the most. If I was a 4*/5*, I assume I would think like this...
    -Winning is fun. I want to go to a winner, not a builder.
    -I love my state of Texas and would love to stay here.
    -I want to go to a cool place (city, campus, beaches, whatever)
    I'd trust myself...and the last three NFL drafts (how many got drafted from which schools)...to think about my future, and that would be about it.

I side with Sabre on this. What we need to do is win. And put kids in the NFL (again).

26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

You can add to that list Hayden Connor and a few others. The Acho brothers are another good example. For every good example you give me, I can give about 10 that pick their school because they are good at getting them into the League. Or they are winning. No one picks Bama because of their engineering school or FSU because of their Biology program. Same could be said of many schools. Most of these guys are going to pick PE as their major or Sports administration, or Chicken Science at aggy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill,

I will take exception with your math as you seem to have left off a zero. What percentage of our players over the last 60-70 years have graduated in 4-5 years? Of the starters and stars, very damn few. ND? Yes; Rice? Yes; Public Ivys? NO! Not even with the tutors and hand picked curriculum. This is a major reason why I am so impressed when our players come back and finish, even if it is 6-7 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

i don’t give a —— whether they graduate or don’t as about 95% of them don’t give a —- either. When’s the last time you talked to rival friends of yours and said “oh yeah, y’all might of kicked our *** but we had more players with a higher gpa.”

I want to win championships and don’t care if we do it w a bunch of Ramonce Taylor’s, just like nobody cared 15 years ago when we did.

and the simple fact is, you don’t win championship w a bunch of guys that excel in the classroom and neither does anybody else.

29. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I really disagree with this.
    Ramonce was the exception on that team. A really good group, several played in the league for a long time doing it the right way.

30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I want to win as much as anyone here, but I wish we had more guys that actually cared. However the truth is, College is a 4 or 5 year opportunity, they can take advantage of this opportunity and make something of it or squander it. None of us are affected either way. I'm only saying that the reason a kid picks his school, generally has little to do with his future other than can they get me to the NFL.