2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Roach on King -- he almost makes it sound like the Chad made it his personal mission to steal King from Herman

Landen King's decommitment came as a bit of a surprise today. A source I spoke with in Austin actually said they had some indication from King late last night. The three-star Atascocita tight end is telling folks that he feels he just made the decision too quickly, but those near him feel he's seeing the allure of the SEC. Auburn is one to watch with King's close friend Dematrius Davis recently committing, and Georgia is in the picture as well. I've also heard that King is still considering Texas. The Auburn news would make for another chapter in an ongoing back and forth with Chad Morris. It's no secret in the coaching community that Morris doesn't care for Tom Herman, and his Arkansas staff threw some pretty negative recruiting tactics at past targets. I'm not saying that happened here, but it's something I found interesting. Obviously, decommitments aren't great, but from the digging I did today, it's hard to find fault with anyone on the Texas staff for this one.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Roach says that if we miss on CB Deuce Harman (aggy seems likely) we will shift attention to West Coast prospects Jamier Johnson and Jaylin Smith. Other possible are Omarion Cooper (Florida) and Isaiah Johnson (W.Virg)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Two things....
    1. You dont think he'll have stiff competition on the DL in Columbus?
    2. That "trash trivia" was "published " on about a dozen+ different outlets in the last 3 days....and I doubt seriously it didnt get in Landen's ear as one more thing to consider
    3. (Bonus thing) When this kind of stuff is said publicly by a recruit and all the others who are recruiting him start blowing up his phone, twitter, and instagram I guarantee you there isnt much analysis involved in many cases.

I'm not arguing against your general premise which seems to be a positive take on the program and on our type of recruits (I do like that), but this stuff these days has changed and is not to be arrogantly brushed aside as though it were nothing.
    As I pointed out when I first linked it, the original college outlet that ran it had 475,000 followers.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  4. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

:hookem2:

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Isn't the Coach at Atascocita an Aggie?

King might be a good prospect, but I'm not going to lose sleep over losing a prospect in May. Too early in this process.

Remember this is a year where you are going to see a ton of kids decommit and recommit all over the country. You are also going to see schools take prospects and then dump them. I trust the commitment of kids that have visited a school already and then make the commitment. This whole virtual visits thing is a joke. It's like buying a car because it has a pretty paint job or a bitchin radio.

Hopefully our government will pull their heads out and open our country back up. Kids need to take their visits and make an informed decision. And damn it, I need some football.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Frankly, I like Deuce's play but I prefer these guy's build as CB.

7. BurntOrangeLH

Kind of a commentary on the stupidity of young unknowledgeable recruits and the public in general, is it not? Some think and evaluate, many just conform hoping the herd will protect them.

8. BurntOrangeLH

<S/On>Yeah, you know your priorities are spot on when your own personal entertainment is more important than the health of your fellow citizens. <S/Off>

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He played QB there. This is one of those schools that has been an issue for us

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Nice to see a little sanity here, rather than pearl clutching and hand wringing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He's an Aggie who played QB in Baytown. The previous HC at Atascosita is that piece of **** who was HC at Port Arthur and covered up or didn't tell Mack that his all world safety had four juvenile convictions, and subsequently used the jailhouse phone in Austin to ask our kid from El Paso to help him by intimidating or worse the witness against him.

12. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Riddle me this.

Whose responsibility is it to take care of ones health? is it mine or the person in question? Keep in mind if you say it's every citizens then I'm going to sue you because I am really fat and you made me this way.

True Answer, I'm responsible for my health and safety and no one else. If someone is scared of getting sick, don't go to the game. It's not hard to understand. No one is forcing someone to go to these events.

How hard is this to understand? Attending a sporting even is not a requirement, it's a choice, we make choices all the time. If you are a scared little bunny then stay home hide under your bed, put on your tinfoil hat. I don't care. Just don't try to tell me how I should live my life.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

2nd TE decomitt, oh well, 3 star TE's are all over the place. Give me Juan Davis as starting TE in 3 years...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dont like Wiley or Liebrock?

My memory is Herman used two big tight ends at tOSU when they won - Vannett (6'6) and Baugh (6'5). I think he would still do that if he could, but we haven't had the personnel. I think Herman sees a huge advantage keeping TEs on the field to limit the defense's sub-packages. But Andrew Beck has been our only above avg TE, so he (& Tim Beck) were limited on what they could do with that.
    Yurcich, however, seems more like a "best 11" on the field kind of OC to me, so we will just have to wait and see how the TEs get used this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gabe Brooks put in a CB for Coffey to Texas

• Like Like x 4
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy Perroni thinks we have gotten in the race for RB LJ Johnson

....I still like my crystal ball prediction of (aggy). So he could decide to shut things down sooner, at this point he wants to take a couple visits still so it might last into the season.,,,, He has done other virtual visit recently with Texas, LSU and Georgia and has one this coming week with (ou). Other than Georgia, those other three are (aggy‘s) main competition right now. Texas has done a good job and he also talks to Bijan Robinson about the offense there. They are probably the ones to watch as the biggest competition at this point but I still think it will be (aggy)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

new 2021 offers to

DE Jonathan Jones from McKinney

DT Ikechukwu Iwunnah from Garland

• Like Like x 2
  19. BurntOrangeLH

This what you do not understand about social responsibility. It is not all about just you, but you do not and probably will never get that. There is a civil social responsibility to others in a well behaved society.

Let us move on as everyone understands your focus.

20. BurntOrangeLH

Yurcich in his medium passing game YouTube tutorial notes the flexibility 11 personnel schemes bring to offensive game planning.

21. BurntOrangeLH

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Not telling you how to live your life. You are welcome to go out and take whatever risks you deem appropriate for you. Hang gliding, helicopter skiiing, intimate gatherings with fellow fans. Really not sure where the militancy comes from. Just asking that if you are willing to put yourself at risk, that you recognize that there are others of us who, due to age, conditions, may really not want to be exposed. Is this hard to understand?

• Like Like x 1
  24. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Not hard to understand at all. If you really do not want to be exposed, then please, by all means, quarantine yourself from the outside world. Separate and insulate yourself from all other humans to your hearts content, but don't think for a moment that the rest of us are obligated to do so just to support your notion of safety. Some of us don't want to just remain alive, we actually want to live.
    I realize this isn't the board for this type of discussion. See you on the West Mall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

See, the Orangeshogan gets it.

Other things I do.

Run with scissors
    play with fireworks
    Drive 10 miles over the speed limit on the Hwy
    Run by the pool
    Horseplay in the pool
    I even took a bite of a Ghost pepper on a dare, and yes I regretted the hell out of that one.

What I don't do is put my family in harm's way but I support the rights of everyone to live their life as they see fit.

Your life is not my problem
    Your death is not my problem
    Your salvation is not my problem
    Your damnation is not my problem.

I will worry about me and you can worry about you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I will say this, I have genuine sympathy for many of the folks advocating for continued shut down and quarantine. Fear is an intensely powerful emotion, especially when it's not just fear for your own health and safety, but also fear for your loved ones. The latter is what makes the fear of this particular situation so very debilitating.
    There are many who fully realize this, and for purely political reasons continue to engage in a disgusting display of fear mongering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Why are you preferring to use the word fear?
    When an army of 50,000 is marching down on an army of 5000 and the army of 5000 retreats to a safer place where they can regroup and get stronger is not this prudence and wisdom. Time can then be an asset. Just sayin. However, I selfishly want football to continue this season cause I enjoy watching football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Herman's base offense while at Texas has been the 1-1
    And I would be willing to bet it is the most common formation the NFL now too
    Above, I was just pointing out that when Herman's offense won it, he had 2 big TEs and used them on field together probably the majority of the time. Successfully. But he has never had similar personnel here to even try it.

Also I would add a complaint that the Beck/Herman 1-1 has been predictable and lackluster. For example, they seem always put a slow receiver on the same side as our slow TE. That's doing the defense a favor making for easy single coverage on those two, which let them provide extra coverage on the speed guys -- who were usually the only actual threats. But we always had them on the same side. Even if you insist on playing a slow receiver in the same package as a slow TE, at least mix it up! Move them around. Not exactly MENSA level preparation, IMHO.

I am optimistic about Yurcich. He will have an experienced senior QB with a probable All-American LT, another probable All Big 12 in Kerstetter, maybe another with Angilau and enough talent to round out the other spots. A stacked RB room. Speed and talent among the receivers. We need to make that pay off for us while we have the chance.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CBs to Texas in for CB Ishmael Ibraheem from Nick Harris and Mike Roach
    and
    CB to Texas in for WR Jaden Alexis from Mike Roach
    Alexis is a 3-star now but at some point he is going to get a ratings bump. He is 6-1 with track speed and has NFL genes. His offer list is already impressive and in his film he dogs his peer group.

(but Roach also CBd RB LJ Johnson to aggy)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is Mike Roach on both Ibraheem and Alexis

I’ve spoken in the past about the job Jay Valai and Chris Ash are doing with Ibraheem, and I feel they’ve moved into the lead. Texas is one of the schools Ibraheem was able to visit before the quarantine, and the coaches have been all over him since they arrived in Austin.

One of the sources I spoke with in Austin said the Longhorns had Ibraheem very high on the board and viewed him as the player with the most upside at the position in the country. Add in Ibraheem’s relationship with Texas target JD Coffey who is also trending for the Longhorns and there are a lot of things working in favor of the Texas staff. I’ve heard Ibraheem could be closing in on a decision this summer and as soon as the next month or two.

I also entered a crystal ball for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. This is a bit more of a projection with a slightly lower confidence score. I’ve heard really strong things about Texas and the speedy wide receiver, and a source I spoke with indicated the Texas staff felt strong about where they stood. My only trepidation is a lack of strong sourcing in Florida. So far, everyone I spoke with out there acknowledged Texas was a school on Alexis’ mind, but they were having a hard time reading him right now. This is one I’m going to enter and monitor closely over the next few months and the story will be how high or how low the confidence score goes. ​

• Like Like x 1