2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Don’t forget AO Cortez at tight end. Needs to fill out, but the school that gets to sign this player will be getting free money.

2. NM fan

NM fan 25+ Posts

Lol, welcome to the new normal!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

JD Coffey junior season highlights. Good instincts and physical. Not sure about his competition level after watching some of the opposing QB throws but solid tape.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Omniscient.one

Ishmael Ibraheem junior season highlights. Very, very physical (see first highlight). Great against run game. The combination of poor footage and only a few passes on the reel doesn’t give an idea of his coverage skills but will know more after senior season. Love the physicality.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Omniscient.one

Not sure if this has been posted and not going to spend 20 min going through all the recent posts to find out, but some good news on Byrd from TFB:

“Am told 2021 OT, Savion Byrd did a virtual visit with Texas last week. Before that visit, I felt Texas had fallen a bit behind SMU and OU.

I think Texas has narrowed the gap. I’d still lean a bit away from Texas until I hear something a little more definitive.”

6. Omniscient.one

Article on Texas HS players committing out of state. Numbers are slightly out of date with the current tally of 4 and 5 stars staying in state or going OOS is 16-16, respectively, but if CBs turn out to be correct the end tally would be 21-24.

The Lone Star State Scorecard: Out-of-state schools surging

7. Omniscient.one

8. Omniscient.one

Joe Fan is way better at this

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Now thats funny, I dont care who you are!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I had 4 in college at the same time. Unfortunately none of them got a free ride so I can tell you what a state school costs and what Baylor cost. State is roughly 20k/yr for books/room/board. Baylor is about 60k/yr but they have money to help the smart kids to offset the exorbitant cost and it brings it back in line with that 20k/yr. I also have a family member on the UT football team so I can tell you its a lot of extras and most of them are very worthwhile to a college kid. If you are on the team and dont do well in school its on YOU because you certainly have the structure to almost guarantee that you will succeed. Most of us can attest to stupid decisions as young people that we would change if we could. The sports structure trys to circumvent the stupid choices of youth. No idea the value of all the free stuff but its a lot. If you apply yourself, the degree will lay a foundation for success if you make good decisions. If not, again thats on you!

11. Omniscient.one

Anyone have any nuggets on the recruiting front?

12. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

latest on Cooks?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Omniscient.one

Going off crystal balls, our class likely ends up with:

Good chance
    Cooks
    Lemear
    Alexis

Solid chance
    Mukuba

50/50
    J. Jones

Low chance
    Brockemeyer twins

Not looking too hot. Likely need a conference championship to stay competitive.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

If Saban shits the bed, all bets are off.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Thank for being reasonable and honest. You are the equivalent of a posting board unicorn

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. The UIL has lifted the ban on showing high school games on tv. As a huge high school football fan, this pleases me. I'd obviously much rather see the games in person; however, even if things got back to "normal" I imagine that stands would be 20% full.

UIL lifts Friday night broadcast ban for 2020 Texas high school football season

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omniscient.one

I can’t tell if people are pooing my post or the projected class

18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I pooooed it because i didn't like the "low chance" of UT getting the Brockermeyer's. Even though the CB's are saying that now. I just can't accept it.

That would be such a gigantic failure on Herman's part--losing a third generation 5 and 4 star twin player package-- it would be DEVASTATING to TH from all angles.

You may well be correct. But what would that say about TH's ability to keep top Texas talent in state? Especially when they've looked forward to come here since very early childhood.

It would be a huge blow to program in all sorts of ways...

• Agree Agree x 11
  19. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I'm trying to think why the Brock's wouldn't want to come here anyway.
    Is it because they perceive that the horns don't have much of an opportunity to win a championship? And if we can't win a championship then that would lower their stock in the NFL draft?
    Is it because of UT'S terrible racist history?- don't think so.
    They don't have confidence in coach Hand?- Maybe...maybe Alabama's o-line coach is better and will coach them so well that their stock will be better in the draft. I don't know
    Perhaps they don't like Herman. Could be.
    If they don't sign with the good guys is that all on Herman? Maybe that's not fair.
    You can't force them.
    But that would be a slap in the face.
    I think we need to reach the final four.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Maybe the Brock that is on the team has relayed to his parents the **** show that is going on now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Really? I doubt Luke is a KKK member. Any of the Brockermeyers for that matter.

• poop poop x 3
  22. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Herman has done extremely well in and out of state. Better check your memory cells.

No one recruit makes or breaks a coach or a class. See Adrian Peterson.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's ok, as long as he doesn't talk to them about the great leadership Mensa boy provides.

What a stupid ******* statement.

• Agree Agree x 6
  24. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Visited Austin lately? It is my contention that all positive thinkers remember the ‘good’ in life more vividly than the ‘bad’. We recall college with great memories of dates, ballgames, concerts, 6th street,etc. we likely forget the drudgery of cramming for exams or, my personal favorite, opening a final exam and thinking you went to the wrong test room ‘cause none of this s*** looks familiar!’ That fiery pit in your stomach when you glance around and recognize too many people for that to be true. That gasp, ‘is it too late to drop this f*****?’
    I recently heard two cute girls chatting about a guy they knew. In that fake ‘valley-girl’ accent, “he’s cute but, gawd, he is studying BUSINESS!” He’d be much more attractive as another unemployed poet with such compassion. Imagine trying to learn life altering skills in a way to afford you and your spouse a comfortable life and career surrounded by butterfly catchers.
    Now we have a professor/instructor so steeped in failure that he/she has convinced half a dozen athletes and who knows how many other poor students, that the Eyes of Texas is racist. Their were 100,000 fans at the Texas/Kansas ball game last fall. Some 85% were singing the Eyes of Texas. I can guarantee you not one was thinking ‘we got those slaves closely watched over now’. I can say that because I am certain that ‘teacher’ was holed up somewhere puffing on a Houka and spouting crap to whoever might listen.
    These kids don’t want to waste their college lives (likely the best of all) on weaving through the liberal ‘left-field’ that is UCal-Austin. Just saying, take a visit!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

While this is true, the variable that keeping standing out to me is their apparent opinion on the importance of academics considering the other schools in their list. It would mean academics don't matter one of the few times it should be top priority.

Quite honestly, they should be considering Stanford, UM, Northwestern, UVA and maybe a few others over the teams on their list not named Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep.

27. Omniscient.one

New CB in for Albert Regis, former Minnesota commit with offers including aggy and the other UT. Listed on 247 as DT but highlights show him only on offense. Very athletic big guy. I see some Henry Melton, especially at 3:20 in the video below. First highlight is also impressive. Maybe a goal line secret weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I bleed burnt orange.I have a UT shrine in my home.....I sent both my kids to UT, I have bought my grandkids UT gear for all their 8 and 6 years alive....but I wouldn't want my grandson playing for Herman !!!!!! I hope Herman is gone before the decade ends...I don't blame the Brocks for not wanting to play for Texas right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The Brocks should learn something from their future teammates and extort UT football by saying they won’t sign until Herman goes.

• Like Like x 1