2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No one likes my recruiting reports on the latest hustlers out there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

No one is talking about changing Texas Fight!, but since there is no more aTm on the schedule .......

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Some good news amongst the chaos. Hookem

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 3
  6. BurntOrangeLH

"The staff stressed academics to Johnson and his mother, and that particular pitch resonated with the family."

I guess they did not get the "Academics do not matter, we will have you in the NFL in 3 years" message. This shows good character and a well focused goal oriented person. That makes up a winner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I miss Joe Fan's recruiting updates. For Sure.

In the meantime, I really appreciate all you guys (you know who you are) pitching together to fill in the information gaps.

Its super nice to get football/recruiting news coming in.

And congrats TH and staff on the latest commitment, JJ. He's a good one. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

HUGE. Excellent highlights below both in the quality and his play. Dude is like Velcro, the best kind. But will also take your head off (see 2nd or 3rd highlight). These kinda guys are the players behind the superstars that win championships, not to get ahead of myself.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  10. BurntOrangeLH

11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I believe you, but the elite QB pipeline to OU continues...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bystander,

I'll reserve judgement on the kid until someone shows me what he did against Earl's godson's defense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

With little fanfare, Tom and crew are putting together a top-10 level class (according to Rivals at least). We could still use quite a few more big dudes in the trenches, but our skill positions and backers are looking pretty good.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Need 3 or 4 more linemen
    1 or 2 more DE
    1 or 2 linebackers
    1 or 2 Dbs
    1 more WR
    1 RB

Then this class is set.

15. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I can think of 2 lineman from Fort Worth that would help solidify this class! I hate to say it but I think Hermans success in the 2021 class will be measured by what happens with the Brockmeyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

:deadhorse:

Well, if the class is ranked, hypothetically, at #8 the day before signing day, and then on signing day every verbal signs, AND THEN, Tommy and James sign Longhorn LOI's I would think the horns would go to #5 or 6. Depending on how much separation exists between the Horns at 8 and #'s 6 and 5.
    There is no question the measurement of success in 2021 recruiting, the degree of success, will be influenced by where the Brocks' play.

The thing that will haunt TH and hornfans is the fact that before the recruiting process began in earnest both of these young men were Longhorns through and through.

So if TH loses the recruiting battle when he began with a big lead, how and why did TH lose the recruiting battle? TH will be asked that question ad nauseum.
    :herring:

17. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

What kind of fish?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

A mullet.

19. BurntOrangeLH

Yeah, I mean our QB room is just trash. Only got the top two in Texas last time.

Where is our next Marvin Kristynik? SMH.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Who said we're trash? Mayfield (Heisman trophy winner), Murray (Heisman trophy winner), Hurts (QB of a national championship team and runner-up in the Heisman race to the QB of a national championship team) and two recent 5-star QB's : Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williams.

It sounds elite to me. Are we? Lay it out side by side.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  21. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Over the last 3 years our problem was the OC and lack of direction/production. Yes Sam has produced but he is doing a lot with his legs. Luckily he has not been damaged and it is pure luck. He is built like a linebacker and that helps too. Because we have been mediocre at best on D, it has not allowed for backup QB experience either. I personally think Roschon is going to be a monster at RB if all things gel. Unless we can get vertical and explosive on the pass stuff, we will lose at least 1 of the current QB's next year. All this SNAFU with athletes demands and poor leadership from the top, perhaps we lose more. An athletic scholarship at UT is worth far more than what some of these players realize. Just my 2 cents.

22. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

Ahhh, I remember Marvelous Marvin

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I haven't seen all the film on all these guys. (Other than Joe Fan who has...?) But, Billy Bowman sure looks like an electrifying playmaker who will light it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep. 10.84 100 meters is pretty doggone salty.

25. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

"Goodbye to A&M" is still on our schedule....

26. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So I guess CDC made his statement about the Eyes of Texas
    He sort of apologized for it but then said we are not changing it
    He suggested that maybe they study the history of it first before complaining again, and perhaps find a different way to look at it instead of always assuming the worst
    And he said it all in a considerate fashion
    Was this how y'all saw it too?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently some of the players will not participate

But my guess is that the singing will be louder and more full of enthusiasm than ever before. My sense is that the silent majority will use this opportunity to finally let their collective voice be heard, via song. It will be an odd dynamic for sure as certain players run off the field (pouty faced?) while some stay.
    But, as with all things, we will see.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

And we should not cheer AT ALL when he makes a play. He's now a true mercenary.

The Eyes of Texas is about love. He hates it. He won't accept any other possibility except hate.

Just like Kaepernick. No possibility that the flag and the anthem is being presented as icons of the IDEA OF AMERICA AND THOSE WHO DIED FOR IT.

Nope, the only possibility is hate.

And if you say patriotism, then you are a racist.

That's it. Think like us or else we won't play or worse, we will destroy you and equate you to the KKK (even though Robert Byrd was forgiven).

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Does “my team” mean his handlers and puppeteers?